2019 Junebugs

I need to look into those too! I know it's perfectly fine to combine milk that has been expressed in the same 24 hours, if not a little more than that. But you’re correct it needs to all be the same temperature. I’m not sure if you can put the milkie things directly in the fridge or if you have to pour the milk into like a little bottle or container first. I know I have some test tube looking things or smaller bottles that I had to go with my Medella breast pump. Use whatever container you need to to stick it in the fridge and let it cool, then add it all to a bigger bottle or bag as you go once it's cooled.

Ya that might be the way to go... I'm gonna ask my local breastfeeding mom's group to see if they have any good ideas/tricks.

I leaked and sprayed tonnes with my first too was ridiculous how much milk there was but mine has settled each time. Like I do leak BUT it’s not as bad as the first! As for saving milk I’ve no clue x

Oh gosh I hope I don’t get any milk and leak everywhere especially since I am being bridesmaid at my BILs wedding in July ! Hopefully baby will be around 6 weeks should he arrive on his due date !’

Earlier in the pregnancy I did really want to try and breastfed this time around but I just don’t have the confidence to do it in public

I love a good wedding!! What’s your bridesmaids dress like? If your milk did come in hopefully it would have dried up by 6 weeks.

@Babybump87 - It's really not so bad. I found that the Lansinoh disposable breastpads worked for me. They have a plasticy back so they won't leak through unlike a lot of other breast pads out there. And for while I just carry lots of extras until I'm not a fountain. :haha: But the milk savers should help, you can stick them in your bra to catch milk so all that milk isn't wasted.

@mkyerby16 - The ladies in my nursing group said the same thing you did. I guess a lot of them use the haakaa so then they put that in the fridge until it cools and they'll combine it with their other chilled milk from the day.

Wait why does milk temperature have to be the same to be combined? I’m so new to the breastfeeding world. I only made it about 3 months with my daughter.

Wait why does milk temperature have to be the same to be combined? I’m so new to the breastfeeding world. I only made it about 3 months with my daughter.

It can make the milk spoil ( it will have been warm then cooled then warmed back up from the new milk then cooled again then warmed up when you use it....not good).

I love a good wedding!! What’s your bridesmaids dress like? If your milk did come in hopefully it would have dried up by 6 weeks.

No idea ! SIL has not picked any yet ! I just know the colour , wouldn’t mind it’s a big wedding too !!

Thanks Mrs JJ will have a look into those if needed!

Last edited:
Anyone else having sharp pain in your stomach when you turn over in bed or get up too fast or carelessly?

Yes julesmw
Mine is more on the sides but it hurts a lot to try to move from a laying down position

elmum - that's mine, too. Usually my left side but sometimes it's my right.

I need to catch up on some posts but is anyone else already leaking colostrum?! I been having the let down feeling over and over again which is extremely annoying for a couple days now and it happens all day. Last night I leaked for the first time before bed. FUN TIMES! I do not think I ever leaked or had let down feeling in the previous pregnancies until after babies were born.

Sooo I just read back through posts and u guys already answered my question LOL. SORRY! Disregard. Glad I am not the only one leaking. The let down is sooo annoying!

Sooo I just read back through posts and u guys already answered my question LOL. SORRY! Disregard. Glad I am not the only one leaking. The let down is sooo annoying!

For probably two months now I keep randomly getting that let down feeling too! It’s so weird! A week or so ago I noticed a small dot of colostrum and I’ve seen a few dots since but only from one boob

Some for me jules usually on my left hand side it’s a sharp pain in my ovary area . It’s really painful!

I’ve been having the let down feeling quite frequently and have seen a couple drops of dried milk on my shirts in the morning or around my breasts at night. It’s a surprising thing but I think I experienced this with my daughter and just didn’t realize that’s what it wasn’t.

Babybump - yes! Really painful where I stand by the side of the bed to recover for a second fearing I injured myself. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->