2019 Junebugs

Anyone else thought about the fact that we are having a baby at the beginning of summer just in time to look squishy and out of shape in summer clothes? :sad2::laugh2:

Anyone else thought about the fact that we are having a baby at the beginning of summer just in time to look squishy and out of shape in summer clothes? :sad2::laugh2:

Haha omg yes. I'm going to the beach like 12 weeks post partum and I'm thinking omg me in a bathing suit no. I was preggo during winter with my son so alot of my maternity clothes were sweaters and jeans so I hated the thought of spending money on summer maternity stuff but then I realized I'd prob be in it the rest of the summer post partum anyway

Haha! Have totally thought about it. Keep looking at summer clothes..... but I don’t want tight clothes and I’ve got to be able to breastfed too! Nightmare!

We have had some fabulous weather today and wearing a vest top made me feel strange ! Felt like everyone was looking at me even though they wasn’t lol .

I will be investing in some Spanx pants :rofl:. Got away with it previously given my DDs were winter babies !

I’m just glad we won’t be pregnant in the heat of the summer! I’ve been there done that. No fun!

@Babybump87 I don’t wanna complain because this weather is amazing BUT I don’t have many maternity hot weather clothes and don’t really wanna buy any!!!

Totally get you Mummy ! I’m lucky I can still fit into most of my pre pregnancy summer clothes apart from the vest tops !

I wouldn’t wanna buy any either, hopefully you will fit back into them before full summer time weather hits !

I bought two cute baby romper suits today , got some socks and bibs earlier in the week too! Anyone else feel like they still have loads to buy?!

My bump now is too low to do my buttons up on jeans and shorts :haha: and my other normal clothes just isn’t covering bump :haha: leggings are my friend!!!

As for baby stuff all I have is 4 vests, 1 sleepsuit and a few cardigans.... I just don’t wanna get too much white stuff as I want to buy for a pink or blue baby. I can always order from next as it’s next day delivery so I’ll order sleepsuits when we know then take it from there. Those first few days we do a lot of skin to skin so baby doesn’t really get dressed.... that’s my thinking anyway.

Has anyone got any appointments this week? I’ve got midwife Tuesday and whooping cough Thursday.

Whose gonna go first?! It’s really not long till babies are gonna start popping into our messages! :baby:

I just have a stand to buy for the moses basket and some pre made milk for hospital to buy and I think I'm done :)

Started packing my bag as didn't do it with my 2nd son and he came early at 36 weeks had to send hubby running around so want it done this time, 1st son came 15 days late so wasn't panicking to get the 2nds done lol

We've had such nice weather here ibebstatted washing baby clothes, blankets, towels moses sheets etfllc. Very strange to see such tiny things on my washing line again

I plan on washing the stuff I have about 37 weeks and then sorting a pile ready for home birth/ or dash to hospital. If all ok I’ll need to find some towels and shower curtains to protect the floors etc

I spoke too soon I couldn’t button up my favourite linen trousers today ! My MIL thinks my bump has dropped too. Leggings are now my friend too Mummy they are soooo comfortable I actually bought a few pairs in different summer colours only cheap in Primark thought they would do !

It’s crazy to think some of us may only see our midwives 3 more times 34 weeks, 36 weeks and 38 weeks . I’m not keen on my midwife at all!

Emz I’ve been doing exactly the same the girls have been sooo excited today looking at all the baby things . Felt a bit sad for DD2 though she was trying to sleep on the cot mattress !!

I’m gonna start picking things up for my bag next week too! I hate the feeling of being caught out ha !

Mummy - we have the newborn wedge insert too !! DH couldn’t find the bag anywhere in the loft at first then just as he was going to get out he found it !!

All our old baby stuff is good to use too which is fab all the covers from the pram and car seat just need a good hot wash !

Not a fan of my midwife either, I told her my anxiety was playing up all she replied was oh dear you'll be fine (even though I reminded her I had severe pnd with both my boys and had to go through gp this time for support as she refused to refer me) but cos I'm on blood thinners I have to have my blood pressure down every 2 weeks :/ so have the pleasure of seeing her loads :( she's retiring though the week baby is due just my luck lol

I don't know if it's cos baby is small or I'm just eating properly and off alot of meds I was on but I've only put on 2lb was shocked when I got weighed last week. I have a tiny bump compared to my friend who's 6 weeks behind me lol

I’m feeling the pressure too! we are getting married less than 2 months after baby is due so the pressure is on to lose all the weight immediately. I was working out and eating very well after my daughter and felt and looked good, so I’m confident it can be done again.

As for baby stuff, we have like 3 things and I have no motivation to get anymore. I want to wait until after my baby shower but don’t even think then that it will be something I want to or look forward to doing.

Happy Easter girls! Hope anyone who’s celebrating has a lovely holiday. <3

I have an appt Tuesday, and my shower is next weekend. Appt will probably be uneventful like last time - I miss getting scans every visit. I’m really interested to see what baby girl weighs, but I don’t think they’ll check until I hit full term. Idk?

I just realized the other day, I’ll be 37 weeks come Mother’s Day weekend. Best thing ever! Feeling very lucky and blessed lately.

Has anyone done hypnobirthing? Or taken a course? I’ve been looking into it, found an online program id like to do but been so busy this weekend getting our house ready for the shower next week, I’ve had no time. We bought and moved into our house in February, still aren’t 100% settled in and ready for this! Things are coming along nicely, but still not 100%.

Not a fan of my midwife either, I told her my anxiety was playing up all she replied was oh dear you'll be fine (even though I reminded her I had severe pnd with both my boys and had to go through gp this time for support as she refused to refer me) but cos I'm on blood thinners I have to have my blood pressure down every 2 weeks :/ so have the pleasure of seeing her loads :( she's retiring though the week baby is due just my luck lol

I don't know if it's cos baby is small or I'm just eating properly and off alot of meds I was on but I've only put on 2lb was shocked when I got weighed last week. I have a tiny bump compared to my friend who's 6 weeks behind me lol

Oh no that’s awful especially with your history ! I suffered with post partum anxiety after the girls so I’m so glad you reached out to your GP for advice ! I’m also nervous / worried incase it hits again if the birth but hopefully if it does I will be able to deal with it better! So I know how you feel hun ! Silly cow you would think anxiety , PND would be high up on the list to watch for too ! Hopefully things will settle down for you soon and you will feel more relaxed which will help your well being too!

I’m feeling the pressure too! we are getting married less than 2 months after baby is due so the pressure is on to lose all the weight immediately. I was working out and eating very well after my daughter and felt and looked good, so I’m confident it can be done again.

As for baby stuff, we have like 3 things and I have no motivation to get anymore. I want to wait until after my baby shower but don’t even think then that it will be something I want to or look forward to doing.

Wow amazing your brave getting married so soon after giving birth hats off ! I got married when DD2 was 6 months old so most of my baby weight was gone !

Enjoy your baby shower when you have it !

Happy Easter girls! Hope anyone who’s celebrating has a lovely holiday. <3

I have an appt Tuesday, and my shower is next weekend. Appt will probably be uneventful like last time - I miss getting scans every visit. I’m really interested to see what baby girl weighs, but I don’t think they’ll check until I hit full term. Idk?

I just realized the other day, I’ll be 37 weeks come Mother’s Day weekend. Best thing ever! Feeling very lucky and blessed lately.

Has anyone done hypnobirthing? Or taken a course? I’ve been looking into it, found an online program id like to do but been so busy this weekend getting our house ready for the shower next week, I’ve had no time. We bought and moved into our house in February, still aren’t 100% settled in and ready for this! Things are coming along nicely, but still not 100%.

Happy Easter !! We had a lovely day with the on laws ! Girls played outside all day in the sunshine !

I wish we got more scans here in the U.K. 2 just isn’t enough at all ! Unless you get a growth scan or pay I don’t think you will find out the weight of babyminder now until birth !

I’ve not done hypnobirthing or anything like that! Oo someone else having a baby shower ! Enjoy!

@Babybump87 awesome work on the newborn wedge! One less thing to worry about! Woop! Sounds like you had a lovely day!

I wish we had more scans or more midwife appointments. So far I have had 3-4 midwife appointments the whole pregnancy! Booking in, 16 weeks and then 28 weeks?! My Tuesday one is the 34 week one. So crazy! I’m meant to have a home birth visit at 36 weeks but I’m not sure I’ll get an appointment for next week.

@emzeebob your midwife sounds budget! With your previous you would have thought she would have been all over that!!!! Annoying that you had to go to your dr. Sometimes it makes you wonder why they choose there jobs when there so slack.

@wifeybby sounds like you’ve been busy with sorting your house! It’s amazing how much you need to sort when you move let alone with a baby on the way! I can’t wait to see her nursery pictures. And I’ve not done hypobirthing. Defo think it’s worth looking into if you feel as though it’s a positive step.

@Shanlee16 what a goal to loose weight for! I don’t have much motivation after baby is here to loose weight cause I feel so tired... I’m hoping with this being baby no.5 and being so busy with the others it will just fall off!!! Have you got much to sort out for your wedding or are you good to go???

Was just thinking how about a round of bump pictures??? Wanna see how everyone’s bump is coming along!!!

Huge! :haha: but I love it. I have playroom pics I want to share but bnb always gives me the “the file is too large” BS lol I promise I’ll get them on soon! The girly dinosaurs theme is just too cute.

D9BAC700-80C4-4DDD-9E2D-88C6583C674C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->