2019 Junebugs

@Mark&Annie - Oh I'm so jealous you get gas! I asked about it at our hospital and it's not an option even though it's starting to make a comeback in the US. I'm hoping to avoid an epidural so my only option for pain management is a narcotic. Which I'm not totally against if it comes down to it. :haha:

JJ - at my last appointment they made me go over paperwork about gas as a pain management option and sign a form saying I understand how to use it. I've never seen that as an option before here in the States.

Girls, I don't know what my problem is, but I have been eating all. day. long. I just keep looking for something to snack on. It must be emotional eating? But oh my word! Someone please make it stop!

Had my 38 week appointment yesterday - fingertip amount/1-2cm dilated and 30% effaced. Babys heartrate is consistent, still 140s, head down and moving lots!

I’m spotting a small amount pink-tinged now. My OB mentioned it’s common with cervical checks.. she said that last week though, no mention of it yesterday. She said “we don’t start those until 38 weeks because before then it’s not reliable or needed and all it does is make you bleed.” do you guys agree? I didn’t see my OB yesterday, just whoever was in the office.

Great job, Bella <3 so happy your baby girl is here! Can’t wait to see who’s next <3
I always spot after a cervical exam! A very tiny amount and it’s usually brown.

Afm has my 36 week appointment today! We did the GBS swab and a cervical exam. High and tight and closed still but I’m only 35+6 so not too disappointed! Fingers crossed he’ll come early tho. Ive been walking and bouncing on a yoga ball and plan on getting dates tomorrow to start eating! We also ordered our car seats and a bassinet and a yoga ball for home so I’m getting really excited! I can’t wait for him to be here.

I’ve been really feeling the urge to nest lately. And buy literally ANYTHING off amazon. Anyone else feeling like this? My DH has got to be going insane. I’ve spent so much money haha!

Shanlee - I'm feeling a little desperate for mine to come early since I know they will induce me before my due date. I've always been induced. It would be so nice if for once I went into labor on my own. I've been walking, but not pulled out my birthing ball yet. I need to! And do dates help you go into labor sooner?

Ive been reading up on going into labor after a cervical check cuz today was the first time i bled afterward!
Im about halfway done with my 5 pound bag of dates.

JJ - at my last appointment they made me go over paperwork about gas as a pain management option and sign a form saying I understand how to use it. I've never seen that as an option before here in the States.

Is it an option for you?? I’m sooooo jealous!

I’ve been chowing down on dates too. And drinking RRLT. Tomorrow I start oral evening primrose oil. Been also Bouncing on my ball, hip circles, squatting, cat/cow stretches and butterflies. Oh ya, and chiro appts and going for a prenatal massage soon. Really hope all this helps make for a shorter/smoother labor! At the least it’s keeping me busy. I’m going a little insane now that I’m all organized and packed... feel like I should be doing something but not sure what.

Soooooo baby isn’t small! My bump is on the 30th centile but baby is apparently on the 95th so they don’t want me having a homebirth. Drs want my midwife to start sweeping me though?!

Just spoke to the midwife and she said she can sweep me tomorrow. If I don’t want to the next opportunity is next Thursday and then I’ve already a sweep booked for the 4th June. What would you do? My only issue is that Friday I have both girls sports days and then it’s indigos birthday on Saturday.

Elmum - exciting! I’ll be thinking of you today!!!

Mummy - things are going fairly well! About to be discharged from hospital (decided to stay the full time & relax here while I can before going home & having to take care of all 3 kiddos - originally was going to go home the following day which would have been considered an early discharge). Ava is SUCH a good baby! Doesn’t really cry much unless she’s being changed or bothered lol. She’s a great little nurser too! Unfortunately my nipples are just not used to a newborn latch & they’re pretty raw. But I know I’ll get through it - I did with my other two, so I just keep going.

.... sorry ladies, I’m being discharged so I’ll update morenlater

Is it an option for you?? I’m sooooo jealous!

It is, but I'm not interested in it. On my 18th birthday, I had dental work done and the dentist left me in a chair with gas and went to work on someone else. I woke up throwing up all over their floor and everything was black at first and I couldn't see. It was awful! My OB said it's because you aren't supposed to have it strapped to your face. You aren't allowed to have a partner hold it up for you, either. You have to hold it yourself because once you aren't getting enough oxygen you naturally start dropping your mask away from your face. I had to sign a form saying I understood all that. It still didn't make me want to try it again. :sick:

@julesmw - Yikes! I've used gas before for dental work but never had any issues. That would deter me too.

@BellaRosa8302 - So fun to take a new baby home! Glad Ava is such a good baby! Get some stuff on those poor nipples (I'm so not looking forward to sore nipples).

@Mummy2Corban - 39 weeks today! I might wait if I was you... a lot can happen in a week. But if it means the difference between your home birth and hospital, maybe sooner is better?

Really?! Pretty sure they can’t say no to anything you decide! Mine is measuring above 95% too.

I’ve got gases being delivered but don’t plan to use it, just reassuring there’s oxygen if baby needs it for any reason.

The dr and the consultant are saying no and more than likely a no to midwife led unit too!

@Mark&Annie have you had babies size confirmed by scan? And if so did you see a dr?

I’ve been interested in knowings babys size for weeks, and I’ve got nothing. They measure fundal height and say that it must add up to a “normal size” baby. They refuse to do ultrasound because “it can be up to 2 pounds off, give or take” and “leopalds manuver is more accurate” although they haven’t done that either. Frustrating. I haven’t been impressed with this OBs care, I liked my first one better, but moved too far away from her.

And frustrating that they’re objecting your wishes for a homebirth, Mummy. I’m sorry to hear that. :(

I think I’m gonna do some reading tonight and call my midwife tomorrow and see what she has to say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->