2019 Junebugs

Aww hoping sounds amazing !

No sweep for me grrr ! But best safe than sorry aye . Said his head is now fixed in my pelvis so can no longer move but she would have liked him to be lower for the sweep . She did say she would try but it would be uncomfortable and not worth the risk if my waters went !

So dissapointed although she did say I could make an appointment for next week for a sweep then another one at 40 weeks !

Ah no! But like you say better to be safe than sorry. At least his heading in the right direction though! Fingers crossed for next week.

Hmm I’m confused . Midwife said baby was fixed in my pelvis upto around his eye brows and he wont move back to free . In my notes she’s just wrote celph fixed . I would have thought if his forehead was in my pelvis he would be engaged ?

So glad mommas are lovin’ on their sweet new babes. Sounds like things are going pretty smoothly!

@Mummy2Corban - You better talk to the midwife soon or pack a bag, you’re due tomorrow!! Can you just call them in labor and play dumb, tell them you’re ready to have them come over to the house for your home birth? :haha:

@Babybump87 - I would think that would mean engaged too. :shrug:

AFM - I do NOT want to go into labor. (TMI ahead) Since yesterday I’ve had the worst hemorrhoids. I couldn’t stand up or lower to sit or even adjust my laying down position without massive pain. Meanwhile all of my friends were over so I had to tell them. And it’s so sad, I can barely move but not from the big ol’ baby sitting on my hips and SPD (though they’re not helping much) but from my stupid butt! I’m so scared I’ll go into labor with these and omg I’ll be in too much pain the walk and move, let alone push. I’m all tough when I consider labor but these things make me want an epidural STAT. :dohh:

Had my 39 week appt. Next appt is on my due date, 06/03 - but hoping I have baby before then.

Still 1-2cm dilated, but 60% effaced now! Cervix is more forward, OB said I look great and thinks baby will come this week. Head is down low and things are moving as they should, she said. The cervical check was much less painful this time, I guess it being more forward made it easier.

Fundal height was 36, heartrate was perfect in 140s, shes been moving a lot, too. Pretty pleased with all of this, there’s hope it will happen as it should.

Jj that sucks! Im so sorry. Hope that heals up before baby comes for you.
Wifey thats exciting! Just get checked or sweep too?
I woke up super hungry this morning .. And then when i got up ive been super nauseous. Just had a little lower back ache. Im getting so excited but we'd rather have her next week hahaha

Just a cervical check, I don’t think sweeps are done around here? Took the rest of the day off rather than going to work after the appt, nesting away and cleaning. Woke up with a headache, dry throat and cough. Luckily my throat is better but my head just hurts on and off. Really hope I’m not getting sick as labor and delivery is going to be enough lol being sick on top of that is just cruel!

How are you doing, emzee? Getting any better? How’s the little peanut?! <3

Also sorry about the hemorrhoids, JJ. They are awful! I’ve only had a small case once or twice this pregnancy. I can only imagine how painful that is.. I hope some Tucks or a sitz bath could help. Poor mama. I hope baby stays put until you’re better :hugs:

He’s always been free at brim too . After some googling it means baby is engaged ! ( I hope ) not sure why she didn’t say how much. Why do midwives always confuse you lol ! Does anyone know the engagement 5ths . I think 5/5 is free 4/5 is on the brim 3/5 is that just below the brim so I assume it’s were he’s at now ?!

Oh no Mrs JJ those are the devil ! Have you got any treatments you could use to try and ease the pain ?! Hope they settle down very quick for you

Decided to ring and get an appointment for next weeks sweep and my 40 week appointment, really snotty receptionist no appointments at all until 19 June . Eh , how’s that going to work love when I am due 13 June , do I not get a 40 week appointment! Couldn’t help but give her some attitude . Apparently I’ve got to phone the local maternity hospital and they will fit me in!! Never heard the likes of it ridiculous !

Last edited:
Had my 39 week appt. Next appt is on my due date, 06/03 - but hoping I have baby before then.

Still 1-2cm dilated, but 60% effaced now! Cervix is more forward, OB said I look great and thinks baby will come this week. Head is down low and things are moving as they should, she said. The cervical check was much less painful this time, I guess it being more forward made it easier.

Fundal height was 36, heartrate was perfect in 140s, shes been moving a lot, too. Pretty pleased with all of this, there’s hope it will happen as it should.

Sounds all good !! Fingers crossed bubs arrives before you next appointment.

JJ - ugh! Not what anyone should have to deal with at this stage. And labor would just exacerbate the problem, making recovery even worse. I sure hope they go away before then.

Crusher - do you feel like labor could be starting? Sounds like a rough morning already. I hate nausea.

Wifey - what beautiful words to be told that you should go this week! I wonder if you will have a May baby?

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been so bad at contributing to this group.

I am now 40+1 according to scan dates however I still think my due date was wrong and it’s more like 1st June instead of 27th May.

I have been having lots of Braxton-Hicks and baby feels quite low, next appointment on Thursday so will find out what’s what then hopefully.

I’m really hoping baby boy comes in the next couple of days as it’s DS’s birthday on Sunday and I don’t want to miss it or have them share a birthday.

Does anyone know if an increase in lotiony discharge is a sign of labour approaching?
Also, has anyone done any diy cervical checks? I tried to feel for my cervix tonight and it was so high I couldn’t reach it at all!

@wifeybby thats a little bit exciting! Hope baby girl doesn’t leave you waiting tooooo long! Not long till that sweet babe is in your arms!!!!

@Babybump87 that would make me think that baby boy was engaged????? The whole booking appointments is so annoying! I have the choice of 2 surgery’s but still a nightmare to get into UNLESS you book in weeks before. I only just got this Thursday and next tuesday!!! It’s like what are you supposed to do!!! Hopefully you get that sweep booked.

@Mrs. JJ I feel your pain... I pushed for 4 hours with my first so that’s when I first got them... they play up on occasion so I know how you feel. Get some cream/pessarys and see if that helps. Our poor bodies!!!!

@sarah34 hello! I feel the same with my due date too!! Feel like it’s early June! As to increase in CM I’m not sure?! Have you been offered a sweep or anything as yet? I know how you feel about another birthday but I’ve just passed my littles girls who had hers Saturday. Hopefully baby appears in the next few days so you haven’t got to worry about it.

Sarah - I understand the birthday issue. I'm due on the 22nd, but am supposed to go sometime the week before. My daughter's birthday is the 17th, though. Urgh. I don't want them to share a birthday, and I don't want to be in the hospital on her birthday. Have they talked about when they will induce you if labor doesn't start on it's own? And I'm no help on the cervical check info. I've never done one and wouldn't know what felt normal and what didn't.:shrug:

I’m really hoping it’s my week! My uncles birthday is the 5th so I’m hoping to avoid that day lol

Hi Sarah! I haven’t done any of my own cervical checks, and the OBs have struggled to reach mine lol quite an uncomfortable scenario, having some basically stranger trying their hardest to reach as far in as they can :haha: but, in my hypnobirthing courses they say it starts out firm like the tip of your nose, then get soft like your earlobe. Good luck at your next appt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->