2019 Junebugs

No i dont think she's coming this week at all but who knows. I just got out of my appt. Was offered a sweep and said no. Baby is still high up and 1 cm dilated. Crampy immediately after check though.
I tried to reach my cervix and couldnt so i havent really tried again. Maybe ill try again early labor to know its not time to go to the hospital right away or something lol.

@crusherwife44 was all good with your appt? When will you accept a sweep?

@julesmw hopefully baby avoids birthday time!

So just curious how everyone’s waters have gone in the past? For me my first ruptured so I just leaked the whole labour, both girls went as they came out and last he was born in the caul! I’m only asking as I’ve washed the bedding today so hoping they don’t go on a fresh bed!!!!! Hahahahaha! How stupid is that!!!!

Mummy i told them if i make it to 40 then maybe but i dont want any sort of intervention. Appt was all good. I dont think ill start dilating until labor. I told the nurse id still be at a 1 today and sure enough i am. Lol
They broke my water with both of my others. I did take all the big puppy pads from my hospital room from last time i was thinking of pulling out to put on the bed lol

Interesting dr appt today..... Baby was good heartbeat wise, but I mentioned to her that I keep getting lightheaded spells where I feel like I could pass out. She said it sounds like it's probably pressure of the baby on my vena cava. I've got two more weekends of work... She said *if* I wanted she could go ahead and take me out of work with the medical reason of near syncopable episodes and/or we could move my csection up a week which means it would be next Thurs the 6th at 38 weeks (currently already scheduled for the 13th at 39 weeks). She said after 37 weeks it really didn't matter when baby was horn development wise and I have no protein in my urine or anything so she thinks baby is fine in there so that it's really up to me or I can just leave everything the way it is. When I'm on leave I don't get my full pay, so as joyous as it sounds to not go back to work I feel like financially I should work as long as possible. Then I just feel weird saying I want her born next week vs the following week... Idk why bc I know plenty of Baby's are born at 38 weeks and she's already going to be evicted vs come naturally anyway... But idk.

Mummy - I've been induced all four times. The first my water broke on its own about half way through the day. All the rest the doctor broke to try to progress labor along.

Sarah - I understand the birthday issue. I'm due on the 22nd, but am supposed to go sometime the week before. My daughter's birthday is the 17th, though. Urgh. I don't want them to share a birthday, and I don't want to be in the hospital on her birthday. Have they talked about when they will induce you if labor doesn't start on it's own? And I'm no help on the cervical check info. I've never done one and wouldn't know what felt normal and what didn't.:shrug:

They only induce here 2 weeks after due date, so could be 10 June at the latest. My first was born the day before the booked induction so fully expecting to be very late with this one too!

They also only do sweeps at 41 weeks for 2nd pregnancies here, not sure why but I will be asking for one tomorrow!

TMI warning! I had a bit of a clear out this morning, not sure if that was the pies we had for dinner last night or not!

Well it’s defo worth asking for them to give you one. Usually they wouldn’t give me a sweep until 41 weeks but because there saying baby is larger they are happy for me to get sweeps when I want so that was from 39 weeks. I’m booked in for one tomorrow but still unsure what I’ll do?!

Why do they wait so long? If a baby is considered full term at 37 weeks, why make anyone go to 42 weeks before inducing them? Seems like when you hit 40 weeks it should be personal choice. :shrug:

It’s similar here.... like I said a sweep around 41 weeks then around 42 weeks induction x

I agree it’s a pain that they wait so long but I guess a lot of people have their babies before 42 weeks so it reduces the induction rates maybe?

I just managed to avoid an induction last time so my fingers are crossed this time too. I have the birthing ball out, probably won’t do much but worth a try!

We DTD yesterday morning, wanted to again last night but I was having cervix pains. Not sure if it was dilation, or from the cervical check. Gonna try again tonight lol Idk if it can induce labor or not really, but I’m happy to try lol it’s gonna be rough to go 6+ weeks without it!

I have a yoga ball I want to go on, but can’t find it. We deflated and packed it away when we moved and now it’s MIA.

Can’t wait to see the next arrival!! :pink: :blue: :yellow:

I think aslong as you can take it as a bit of fun it’s worth it. With my first we tried going up and down stairs, curries, sex, pineapple, walks and he was a week late! Haha!

I think sex right now will make me wee myself! This baby seems to love my bladder :haha: so I think that and sex will equal a little wee!!!!!! Hahaha!

I think aslong as you can take it as a bit of fun it’s worth it. With my first we tried going up and down stairs, curries, sex, pineapple, walks and he was a week late! Haha!

I think sex right now will make me wee myself! This baby seems to love my bladder :haha: so I think that and sex will equal a little wee!!!!!! Hahaha!

Haha I'm worried about that too! I didn't have much bladder issues with DS, but this one is awful! I've been coughing alot the whole pregnancy for some reason and the past few weeks if my legs aren't tightly crossed I pee a little :oops: Unfortunately my DH doesn't seem to want to touch me with a 10 foot pole though so it doesn't much matter

Haha! Yes I’m having the same bladder trouble!

Had some pains this evening that I thought might be the start of something. Had semi regular tightenings around 5/6 mins apart for a good couple of hours, some were really painful some not too bad. Had a bath around half hour ago and they stopped! So annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->