2019 Junebugs

Finally got my blood drawn yesterday. Took 7 freakin vials of blood! How long before I hear back do you guys think?

Have any of you ladies been prescribed a higher dose of folic acid?? I read something a few weeks ago about larger ladies are being prescribed a whopping 5mg folic acid instead of the standard recommendation of 400ug.

I asked my GP about this 2 weeks ago (at 5weeks) when I first saw her and she said no I’ll be fine. I’ve now seen my midwife for the first time today at practically 7 weeks and she says I need the higher dose.

Now I’m worried slightly as to what “damage” may have been caused by not having enough for the last 2 weeks during what is one of the most important times developmentally to need folic acid

Finally got my blood drawn yesterday. Took 7 freakin vials of blood! How long before I hear back do you guys think?
Blimey!! When you hear depends on what they’re looking for/tests they’re doing.

@helensamantha - This might get me yelled at but I never was the best with taking the prenatals through my pregnancies and both my kiddos were just fine and are super healthy. I bet you are just fine. Go ahead and get the extra now if you wish but do not beat yourself up about what can not be changed.

@Mrs. JJ my doctor didn't order any blood but I remember from my last pregnancies that it was always a lot of vials the two times I had to go.

@helensamantha - This might get me yelled at but I never was the best with taking the prenatals through my pregnancies and both my kiddos were just fine and are super healthy. I bet you are just fine. Go ahead and get the extra now if you wish but do not beat yourself up about what can not be changed.

@Mrs. JJ my doctor didn't order any blood but I remember from my last pregnancies that it was always a lot of vials the two times I had to go.

Thankyou, that has put me at ease. I know it’s only reducing your “chances” and not a forgone conclusion but as a scientist dealing stats ALL the time I can’t help but worry :dohh:

:shock: I'm not even 6 weeks yet (based on lmp I'll be 6 weeks on Thurs) and my belly already looks about 18 weeks :dohh: I've also gained 3 lbs. With my DS I showed early but didn't gain weight till the last couple of weeks of the first tri. I gained a total of 30-35lbs with him but only maybe 2 in the whole first trimester. Worried I'm setting off on the wrong foot. Also thinking there's no freakin way we're hiding this until Thanksgiving when I'm 10 weeks. My lower belly is already getting a "rounded" appearance. Wth. Lol

:shock: I'm not even 6 weeks yet (based on lmp I'll be 6 weeks on Thurs) and my belly already looks about 18 weeks :dohh: I've also gained 3 lbs. With my DS I showed early but didn't gain weight till the last couple of weeks of the first tri. I gained a total of 30-35lbs with him but only maybe 2 in the whole first trimester. Worried I'm setting off on the wrong foot. Also thinking there's no freakin way we're hiding this until Thanksgiving when I'm 10 weeks. My lower belly is already getting a "rounded" appearance. Wth. Lol

Know how you feel! I am 8.5 weeks and look like I did at 20 weeks with my son!

I know you normally show earlier with 2nd but I literally got a belly at 4/5 weeks! Xx

Any chance it could be bloat ladies?! I am bloated to hell and some days I have a belly and others less so

Any chance it could be bloat ladies?! I am bloated to hell and some days I have a belly and others less so

Oh I'm sure some of it is at this point! I don't think it all is though bc it's hard to explain but I notice a rounder appearance to the verrrry bottom of my belly. Who knows. Pretty sure my boobs are fuller too. Either way it's gonna be hard to hide for much longer :wacko:

@mkyerby16 @sarah34 I definitely am beginning to show at 9 weeks now- granted it’s a lot of just being generally bloated, but they say the uterus becomes the size of a grapefruit around 8 weeks I believe. I showed and was in maternity gear by 12 weeks with my first, I’m also exceptionally petite (literally the size of a child and can fit into kids clothes) though so I show super early. So there’s no way I can have a grapefruit sized uterus and not show haha! I actually caved and bought maternity tops today because I’m looking awkward in normal clothes already. Bloat or baby I have a round paunch :shock:

@Hoping4numbr3 ... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bad at taking the meds lol

Ugh I'm sooo exhausted but I can't fall asleep. I've been cramping this evening, nothing bad but still a little stressful. Tomorrow is my second round of bloodwork to make sure everything is progressing and I'm going to walk in like a zombie.

Hello ladies!
hope you don't mind me joining you. I'm about 4/5 weeks pregnant atm, going from my LMP my due date is around the 28th June if this is a viable pregnancy.
I'm meant to have an IUD in but it's either moved or fallen out, i've had bloods taken 2 days ago and i'm getting more done today, plus an early scan to check if it's still in there/baby is where it should be.

I'm kind of already a bit attached to this lil thing, even though it's a shock and unplanned, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my hcg levels go up and this baby sticks.

Hey @hollowcrown! I'm due the 27th and also getting mynsecond bloodwork today, so we're super close! Congrats on your surprise! I've heard of that happening for women with IUD quite a few times.

Yes! I'm starting to show too - admittedly I am def bigger at night than in the morning tho :haha: so IDK how much is baby or bloat or "food baby" LOL. Idk how much longer I can hide this.... I'm 8.5 weeks. Just trying to get through my scan & first appointment tomorrow to make sure everything is going well so far, and then maybe take it from there??

Hollow, welcome! Congrats on your little surprise! :hugs:

Welcome HOLLY!

Yes I am bloated at night too and it goes back down in the morning. 9 weeks tomorrow. The Wahoo cramping stopped yesterday night so yay for that lol.

I had a small piece of chocolate cake last night and then went back for a pickle and DH says "YUP definitely pregnant" lol..

Last edited:
I thought i was smaller yesterday. Thinking maybe i wasnt as big as i thought. Then i put my uniform on for work.... Was NOT buttoning those. Im getting fat.

Well I’m hoping I’ve not gained any weight seeing as I’m not eating much! Im just so tired of nausea!!!! All I can say is I hope I’m feeling better at Christmas otherwise I’m gonna be a proper grump!!!!

When are everyone’s next appointments?

@Mummy2Corban -Ugh! Sorry you are feeling so ill. I had the nausea feeling most days but I can still eat. When I am eating that is the only time I feel okay usually so I am gonna gain a lot I am sure.

My next appt with the doctor is 11/20 I will be almost 13 weeks. I am going to have another ultrasound before that though at an elective place for 49 bucks because I am impatient!

I haven't even called the doc yet. Maybe in the next two weeks and make a 12 week appt so about 4 1/2 weeks. Not gonna lie. Kinda like no one knowing. But if people were paying attention... Its obvious im pregnant. My hubs started a new job and his supervisors know now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->