2019 Junebugs

Hoping - I didn't know that. I've had an episiotomy after all four of my births and the only thing they've had me do was use an ice pack (made from soaking pads and freezing them) and ibuprofen. You are allowed to put those things on the stitches? If so, I need to get some supplies!

@julesmw I had a pretty good tear with DD1 in 2 areas and the women's center in the hospital that I delivered at told me to use that and gave it to me. I ended up purchasing more when I left the hospital. It felt so good (The cooling wipes) and the hydrocortizone helps with itching.

I'm hoping this will be a vaginal birth and I only have to stay a day in the hospital, that would be amazing! Last time I was in the hospital for the better part of a week because of the c-section. I just bought some perineal spray hoping I'll need it. :haha:

I just submitted my maternity leave request, 6 more weeks for me too @Hoping4numbr3! :happydance:

This weekend we're tenting the house to fumigate for termites which has me very paranoid, I'm moving all bedding and baby stuff out of the house in addition to food and medicines and such. But the fun part is we're using the weekend we're forced out of the house as a mini-vacay/family babymoon to go on a trip to Catalina Island. Looking very forward to relaxing and eating and having fun before we come back and have a million things to do to get ready for baby and get the house in order.

Oh and my car I ordered is finally in!! Hoping to pick her up today! :wohoo:

Hoping - I didn't know that. I've had an episiotomy after all four of my births and the only thing they've had me do was use an ice pack (made from soaking pads and freezing them) and ibuprofen. You are allowed to put those things on the stitches? If so, I need to get some supplies!

Ouch all four ! I had one with DD1 and it was the worst pain for about 2 weeks ! All I got told was painkillers, sit on a pillow and use a hair dryer to dry my lady bits when having a shower ! DD2 didn’t tear or any further damage she just slid ot ! Praying for the same this time but these are some good tips ladies !!

After 4 hours pushing with my fourth, being cut and tearing to pretty much my bum hole I was never given any advice from hospital. Mother in law got me some femme pads (freezings gel pads) and told me to put tea tree oil on my pads. I had stitches with my second and nearly for my third but all was ok with the last so I’m guessing I’ll be ok if all goes as planned.

@Mrs. JJ bit of a busy time for you but hey great timing for a get away. Great news on the car and maternity leave too!

Ouch all four ! I had one with DD1 and it was the worst pain for about 2 weeks ! All I got told was painkillers, sit on a pillow and use a hair dryer to dry my lady bits when having a shower ! DD2 didn’t tear or any further damage she just slid ot ! Praying for the same this time but these are some good tips ladies !!

I said that wrong - I meant I needed stitches with every one. With my second, he was a preemie and weighed 5lb 14oz so they didn't think I'd need an episiotomy, but then I tore so needed stitches anyway.

With my first, the doctor had put gauze in me to stem the flow of blood while she stitched me up, and then forgot about it. I got an interuterine infection, my stitches were infected, and I was sick. They put me on antibiotics and had me come in for an appointment and found the rotting black gauze and realized the problem. That was the worst stitches pain I've had to date!

@julesmw what the heck!!! That is terrible. Did they apologize or anything???? I mean they are lucky u didn't sue. Geez!
No they didn't apologize or anything, just seemed glad to have figured it out. They pushed me out the door rather quickly afterward. I never went back to that doctor again. I should have sued so she would be more careful with women in the future. It was two weeks before they found it. My stitches were tight because my cut was bulging and infected. After that my episiotomy finally started to heal. Insane.

Are any of you still having pregnancy cravings? I don't think it's necessarily a craving, but I find I constantly eat toast with peanut butter. So yum! And I drink excessive amounts of tea. I'm a coffee drinker but for some reason it doesn't taste good to me in pregnancy. :shrug:

I still been drinking half a cup of coffee every day this pregnancy. I am in love with Tacos/Quesadillas and have been this whole pregnancy but that is about it. I am angry for you @julesmw I am so sorry that happened!

@julesmw i can’t believe they didn’t even apologise!!! Wow! Can only imagine how uncomfortable that all must have been. Sorry my lovely.

As for cravings I’ve not really had any.... just feel like I’ve gone off more things. I love a cup of tea but I’m on and off with tea! Sweet stuff usually leaves me feeling sick but I guess that’s not a bad thing.

It's all good. I'm sure we all have some horror story or another! My favorite thread on this forum is the funny/embarrassing labor stories. I read through the whole thing last pregnancy. I should do it again as I come up to my due date. Makes you realize you aren't alone! :laugh2:

Hoping - I had big Taco Bell cravings in two of my pregnancies. Serious addiction! As embarrassing as this is, I admit I cried a few times over it. Twice for not getting any, and once because I did get it and was so happy. :dohh:

Mummy - I've struggled with sweets this pregnancy, too. Sometimes they are okay, and other times I feel almost morning sick after having them.

Yeah exactly the same for me! I ate my gramps birthday cake and felt instantly like I was gonna be sick! Makes me sad because I love cake, sweets, chocolate etc!!!!!

With my DS I wanted chips and salsa and Mexican food 24/7. This go round I don't really like Mexican which is weird for me and I want sweets all the time.

Ugh so Thurs night my DS threw up, he was OK Friday except low appetite/energy until Fri night he threw up again. No diahreaa or fever. Sat-Mon he was fine and had been eating again. Sunday my DH & I both had diahrea, vomited and stomachaches... Which we assume was DS's bug. Today we were about to send DS to preschool since he had been fine for 4 days and we were going to leave on our baby moon getaway. Well DS woke up complaining of a stomachache and ended up having diahreaa and vomiting again. What the heck!? How was he fine and then sick again? Why now?!

@mkyerby16 - My kiddo had something similar, according to my local mom's group it was norovirus and was going around. after the 2nd bout he was better quickly. Hope you're all better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->