23 TTC in need of friends

CRose

Reaction score
Hey im new here....im 23 TTC for about 7 months....kind of discouraged
My oldest sister has PCOS and i think i might have it. Really scared kind of afraid to go to the doctor.

Hi I have been TTC baby number one for six months and feeling discouraged as well. xxx

Welcome to you both!

I was scared there was something really wrong with me and refused to go to a doctor for ages, but I think the worry beforehand was far worse than actually knowing. It's quite possible that you are perfectly fine, in that case, why worry for ages? And if not, knowing helps A HUGE AMOUNT, the earlier you find out, the earlier you can take the right steps, and before you know it you'll be a mummy...

I was so negative, so discouraged, and really thought I was never going to have kids, even though I've only been trying for 3 months, it was the build up of years of worry that it might never happen, and then each month felt like proof that I wouldn't be able to conceive, but now I'm trying my best to stay positive, and knowing I have polycystic ovaries was far better than pretending everything is okay but really not coping and worrying about all sorts of terrible things.

There are so many inspirational stories here as well. I'm fairly new to the forum, and I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I've found it so helpful!

Best of luck TTC! :dust:

Looking forward to seeing you around, and let's hope for our :bfp:s!

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I wish you all the very best in TTC its just so fustrating and disapointing each month when AF arrives. I have spoken to my doctor but she didnt really seem to have a clue!!! I have been tracking my BBT and took my charts to show her and she said ooo not seen many of these. So my confidence in her has dropped considerably.

I've cried buckets every time AF comes. Even the first month when I really didn't think it would happen. That disappointment is so intense...

I'm just starting to chart my BBT as soon as my thermometer arrives. If you BD often every month , then fine, but charting etc. helps you get the timing just right...surely it's a good thing? :wacko: Maybe you could find another doctor who would understand better?

Are you doing other things as well as charting? I do just OPKs at the mo., plus looking at CM...neither of which seem to be helping me out so far. I'm hoping when I start charting it will shed some light on what my body is doing in there!

Yeah I think I will try another doctor she said my chart look good and looked like I ovulate which I was relieved about but I guess it hard to understabd why it can take so long to get the positive result. this month Ive started to use the clear blue fertility monitor so im hopig that may help Ive heard good reviews x

Thank you so much......im just so scared and i don't really have a support where i live. My boyfriend just doesn't understand and i have no family up where i live. 7 months not getting pregnant feels like forever....every :bfn: hurts sooo bad i have just quit taking tests.

no i haven't but i think i might start....we haven't really been doing any of that... just do it lol. I just found this site last night and it has opened my eyes to so much. I didn't know alot of this stuff until now and some i still not sure i fully understand

I have only just registered on here too. I think it will be great help in this stressfull time in our lives. Tracking BBT is a good idea apparetly the only way to tell if you actually ovulate. I thought things would be a lot easier than all this x

me too most of my friends have kids or are pregnant now i hate to say it..Im so JEALOUS!!! I feel like all they had to do was get looked at wrong and BAM they were pregnant. And then you see on tv all these parents killing their kids i just want to scream. Why did they get this amazing gift and they don't care about it and i am begging for this and i don't get it!

I know exactly what you mean everywhere I look woman are pregnant! and your right its not fair but i am sure our time will come we just need to
keep going with it x

Yeah, I don't really have any family and everyone else around me has amazing support networks and they had kids easily... I can hear my neighbours' babies and children all day long, and my friends all seem to have gotten pregnant in the first month or two after starting to try... really tests patience...! And no-one really to talk to about it - DH is convinced it will happen and I should stop worrying, but easier said than done!! I'm working hard at staying calm though and blocking all horrible negative and jealous thoughts out of my head - takes time - and even if I have a bad day I have to try and pick myself up so I don't spiral downwards and feel miserable x

My DH also has the view it will happeb so relax. Its easier said than done though!! Where are you ladies at in your cycles this month? fingers crossed we all get some good news this cycle xx

Thats how my DB is too! My cycle is CRAZY like AF was with me almost all month in Dec....I really need to go to the doctor but scared

I'm on Day 18 and awaiting ovulation :shrug:
My OPKs are getting slightly darker each day (either that or I'm imagining it!) but no actual positive yet. I dreamt I was pregnant last night. When I woke up and realised it was just a dream I was a little disappointed to say the least.

CRose, some ladies on the forum were talking about natural ways to regulate periods etc. I forget what they took but maybe it's worth having a look?? And if you do go to the doctor we'll be here for support as much as possible with whatever they say. It really is a scary thing to do, I was shaking on the day of my appointment but once I got there and the doctor starting going through everything and checking everything out I felt much more relaxed, so much so that even though I wasn't perfectly healthy I still felt at ease and now I feel like I could always go back to her and get help if I need it and I don't feel so alone and afraid of the worst xxx

Thank you i will def. look around here for that! And thank you so much its a really good feeling to know someone will be there for me

I have spoken to my doctor but she didnt really seem to have a clue!!!

pretty much the same...starting taking my temp every morning just had a little break down like a hour ago! BLAH lol.....how are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->