24 hr urine catch

NinjaKitty5

Reaction score
Hello ladies :flower: this is my first post on the second tri board 😊
I’m 14 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my third baby. This pregnancy is a little different because I went in to it with well controlled type two diabetes ... my last pregnancy I ended up with gestational but it was well controlled by my diet. Well this time because I have type 2 they sent me to maternal fetal medicine. Everything looked great but they want me to do a 24 hr urine collection ... any idea why? Should I be worried ? I’ve never had high blood pressure or pre eclampsia and I thought that’s why they would do these tests .

I’m 14 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my third baby. This pregnancy is a little different because I went in to it with well controlled type two diabetes ... my last pregnancy I ended up with gestational but it was well controlled by my diet. Well this time because I have type 2 they sent me to maternal fetal medicine. Everything looked great but they want me to do a 24 hr urine collection ... any idea why? Should I be worried ? I’ve never had high blood pressure or pre eclampsia and I thought that’s why they would do these tests .

As diabetics our chances of developing Preeclampsia are increased often by spilling protein in urine alone (which happened to me and I was induced at 36+6 spilling protein but blood pressure was good)

Therefore at the beginning of pregnancy they collect the 24 hour urine so they will have a comparison towards the end. As they will have you do it again and definitely if you are spilling during the routine sample at each appt or if levels are off.

Btw I hate the collection :winkwink:

As diabetics our chances of developing Preeclampsia are increased often by spilling protein in urine alone (which happened to me and I was induced at 36+6 spilling protein but blood pressure was good)

Therefore at the beginning of pregnancy they collect the 24 hour urine so they will have a comparison towards the end. As they will have you do it again and definitely if you are spilling during the routine sample at each appt or if levels are off.

Thank you so much for the reply !!! I think it just scares me because I just want everything to go over smoothly. The collection is absolutely horrible lol . I can't stand the fact it has to chill in the fridge :nope:

Thank you so much for the reply !!! I think it just scares me because I just want everything to go over smoothly. The collection is absolutely horrible lol . I can't stand the fact it has to chill in the fridge :nope:

I know what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->