• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm getting frustrated I just want to ovulate for once! Why don't my ovarys work!?

Today's opk compared to yesterday's, I ran out of green handle opks.

Attachments

• IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_5272.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5273.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 5
It wasn't and this mornings was even lighter than yesterday so frustrating x

Sorry that you are not getting your positives Natalie! Hopefully you'll get it soon.

I thought I would share some other tips that I read are meant to help with ovulation, that I also did the month I took soy and got my BFP. I thoroughly researched and looked into why and how these are meant to help. Although I should note that I was ovulating just late in my cycle, but they are easy to implement so might be worth a try!

1) DHA supplement. This is what is in some fish oils. It is supposed to be key to regulating and promoting ovulation. So I bought a supplement with high DHA content.

2) Ate an avocado a day until I ovulated. Read this was good and I liked them so thought I would try it! I can't remember the reason why they were good, I think possibly to do with omegas.

3) Ate eggs everyday as also heard this was good- think a similar reason as above. I was so fed up of avocado on toast with scrambled eggs by the time I ovulated!

4) Reduced my intake of refined carbs as much as I could. Didn't stick to this insanely but changed my white bread to dark rye bread and would try to choose wholegrain where I could/wanted.

5) Completely reduced my caffeine intake. I was drinking up to 11 cups of strong black tea a day and went down to 1/2 weak cups. So glad I did this as it made it so much easier to cut out caffeine once pregnant.

6) Cut out alcohol completely.

I only did 2,3 and 4 up until I ovulated but stuck with the others until I got my BFP and also now I am pregnant.

I would say if you are going to do 1, do the DHA! There was so much support for this being beneficial.

Sorry for the long post and that you didn't ask for all the advice but thought I would share it in case it is any help!

Sweden, thanks for that. Going to look into to the DHA.

What days did you take your soy and what dose?

I took them days 3-7. I can't remember exactly what dose but I'm pretty certain it was 100mg first couple of days and then increased in stages up to 200mg on the last day. I think possibly it was:

Cd3:100mg
Cd4 100mg
Cd5:150mg
Cd6:150mg
Cd7: 200mg

Sorry I can't remember exactly but I was this it ver very close to this!

I don't know what my next step is if soy doesn't work again this cycle it will be 2 failed cycles, I tried vitex and it didn't work. I can't have clomid until my bmi is below 30. The fertility clinic couldn't find a reason why I don't ovulate it's frustrating to say the least. I get plenty of stabbing pains from both ovarys and gear up to ovulate but that's about it.

Thank you, fingers crossed the vitex works for you I had a 90+ day cycle with it and ended up having to have provera to induce my cycle as the dr wants me to use it if I don't get AF for 90 days.
I've wondered if I got another brand of soy would help but I don't see how it would, toyed with the idea of going on the pill for 3 months to see if I can regulate things and I work on weight loss.
My son and chemical pregnancy were conceived the 1st and 3rd cycle off the pill so I always think of that but I weighed considerably less than I do now which I do think is a factor aswell.
Fingers crossed my opks will start to do something, I have a clearblue digital ovulation test coming, but with my cycles it could end up getting pretty pricey.

Oh I hope you ovulate soon nat! I no how frustrating long cycles can be!!! Xxx

I've had mild cramping but I don't no how much sooner it could make me ovulate?? Maybe il do an opk a day just incase!

Well my chart is interesting I don't think I ovulated I don't have any symptoms like I did when I ovulated when ttc my son. My temp will probably drop tomorrow.

I'm not sure what to think my chart says I'm 3dpo but yesterday I woke up took my temp felt fine went back to sleep soon after getting up I started to feel ill, I spent the day with full body aches feeling sick etc. I've woke up feeling ok today but my temp is up again. So I'm not sure if I could have ovulated or not. I've been doing opks I couldn't have missed my surge could I...

It does look like you Ovd from your chart! How did it line up with your near positive OPKs? As they looked pretty close to positive so maybe you just just missed it?

Fx it is ov!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->