25 rules for Moms with a son... Tear jerker, FOR SURE

Boys really do have a different type of energy to girls. I'm a teacher as well as a mum and in my experience, they are very different entities. I've always been a tomboy, but it's not about that. It's the way boys throw themselves into things, they don't have the caution that girls have - it's hard to explain, but I really do feel there's a difference, even though I'd not raise girls and girls any differently from one another

Boys really do have a different type of energy to girls. I'm a teacher as well as a mum and in my experience, they are very different entities. I've always been a tomboy, but it's not about that. It's the way boys throw themselves into things, they don't have the caution that girls have - it's hard to explain, but I really do feel there's a difference, even though I'd not raise girls and girls any differently from one another

Thank you! And I don't think the author would have either! My nephew when he was little didn't get the whole "delicate flower" thing. He was rough. He stomped on flowers, liked to kill bugs, etc. But he doesn't express his feelings, at least not that I've heard. My two nieces however, have no issues what so ever telling you exactly what's on their minds. They love picking flowers and saving them and putting them in a glass of water. They're careful not to squish bugs, even the kinds they don't like.

I am sitting in my office at work reading this as I wipe my eyes of tears. I am having my first child which is a boy and thinking about everything that will happen when he finally gets here. It was a beautiful article and I can't wait to finally meet him and experience everything there is to experience with him. Thanks for posting :)

Thank you! And I don't think the author would have either! My nephew when he was little didn't get the whole "delicate flower" thing. He was rough. He stomped on flowers, liked to kill bugs, etc. But he doesn't express his feelings, at least not that I've heard. My two nieces however, have no issues what so ever telling you exactly what's on their minds. They love picking flowers and saving them and putting them in a glass of water. They're careful not to squish bugs, even the kinds they don't like.

And my little guy is the complete opposite... he's ridiculously sensitive, loves to cuddle and give hugs... smells flowers, cooks play food in his kitchen and says things are pretty - but in the same breath he'll smash his cars together and play with his nerf gun lol.

One day I put a pink towel on him after he got out of the bath and he said 'look mommy, I'm a princess!' LOL - I wish I had gotten a picture. He plays with my makeup brushes and wants to put some on when I'm getting ready in the morning (bought cheap pressed powder just so he wouldn't wreck my MAC stuff!) but likes to put on his iron man shirt and pretend he's a superhero...

kids are amazing little creatures.

I am sitting in my office at work reading this as I wipe my eyes of tears. I am having my first child which is a boy and thinking about everything that will happen when he finally gets here. It was a beautiful article and I can't wait to finally meet him and experience everything there is to experience with him. Thanks for posting :)

That's how I felt when I read it :)

And my little guy is the complete opposite... he's ridiculously sensitive, loves to cuddle and give hugs... smells flowers, cooks play food in his kitchen and says things are pretty - but in the same breath he'll smash his cars together and play with his nerf gun lol.

One day I put a pink towel on him after he got out of the bath and he said 'look mommy, I'm a princess!' LOL - I wish I had gotten a picture. He plays with my makeup brushes and wants to put some on when I'm getting ready in the morning (bought cheap pressed powder just so he wouldn't wreck my MAC stuff!) but likes to put on his iron man shirt and pretend he's a superhero...

kids are amazing little creatures.

Yes they are and that's all perfectly fine! That is too adorable! My nephew absolutely despises girly stuff lol if the girls leave their toys laying around, he will do whatever he can to avoid having to touch it lol.

haha - I think a lot of it has to do with most of the kids at the dayhome being girls, so he's very used to being around them. There's only one other boy who's older and a bit of a bully... so for him playing with dolls and stuff is quite normal - which is totally fine. He wants LO to be a girl lol and with my luck she'll be the one out there getting dirty and squishing bugs and under cars with her dad and I'll have to beg for a mani pedi day!!!

Thanks! I didn't either, but I'm not easily offended over what people get excited for. :)

You can see another article for 25 rules for mothers of daughters so no one feels offended. They are definately different and more fitting for girls

Beautiful article BTW in the original post...love it :)

That was the point for me. I thought it was very beautiful and touching. Thank you for posting the other article as well. :)

This was great! I'm sorry that you were attacked for posting it. It appears some people have a hangup/obsession about certain things. I, for one, would like to thank you for posting!

One thing I was taught growing up was not to let other peoples issues affect how I personally feel. :) thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

I loved it and I plan on sharing it. As a mama to one boy and another on the way, it means a lot to me. A parent can raise a child however they want, and of course some of the things on this list pertain to both sexes, but the bottom line is, boys and girls ARE different. I grew up with two brothers and I was Tom boyish, awesome at baseball, could pitch as fast or faster than 1/2 the boys I knew, would play in the dirt and mud, football in the snow and would turn my bath water black on summer nights. I also loved new kids on the block, reading the baby sitters club, baby dolls, playing house,dressing up and made my brothers play barbies for hours. I honestly don't know if I would have realized my athletic abilities had I not had brothers and they certainly wouldn't have played barbies! But because my parents allowed us to do as we pleased we did. I highly doubt my brothers would say they are better people because I made then wear pearls and play barbies. They hated it every step of the way but just wanted to play with each other so we compromised. My son has never played with a baby doll. He would be allowed to if he wanted to but he shows no interest (probably because he doesn't have a sister). He is totally different than his little girl cousins. Because of that, I think both girls and boys like all children should be recognized as individuals.

Absolutely. I don't see where that leaves any room for individuality with children if you force them into gender neutral things. As long as children have the right morals, integrity, manners, respect, dignity, isn't that what matters?? I feel horrible for the children who's parents base what's important on MATERIAL things, like whether or not the child has a girly/boyish nursery, bedroom, name, clothes, toys, etc. That's not what life is about. At all. Who cares if they want to play with trains, cars, barbies, etc. I didn't realize that's what was so important to most people but to each their own.

Absolutely. I don't see where that leaves any room for individuality with children if you force them into gender neutral things. As long as children have the right morals, integrity, manners, respect, dignity, isn't that what matters?? I feel horrible for the children who's parents base what's important on MATERIAL things, like whether or not the child has a girly/boyish nursery, bedroom, name, clothes, toys, etc. That's not what life is about. At all. Who cares if they want to play with trains, cars, barbies, etc. I didn't realize that's what was so important to most people but to each their own.

I don't care what my daughter ends up playing with, or my son for that matter. But ONLY exposing them to gender roles is what I am against. My daughter has dolls and airplanes and trucks. A variety of things.

I don't see any room for individuality when all you buy for your girl is pink stuff or dolls or Barbies. And trucks, blue, and whatnot for boys.

I don't care what my daughter ends up playing with, or my son for that matter. But ONLY exposing them to gender roles is what I am against. My daughter has dolls and airplanes and trucks. A variety of things.

I don't see any room for individuality when all you buy for your girl is pink stuff or dolls or Barbies. And trucks, blue, and whatnot for boys.

I have yet to meet a parent who doesn't let their child pick their toys when they're able to decide what they like, what they don't, want they want, what they don't.

The fact that you wanted to start an argument and make ME feel bad for how I personally feel regarding my son is ridiculous. This is an exciting time for not just me but for all women and I am SO sick of people telling pregnant women how they should raise their children and what decisions they should make throughout pregnancy. My child is not your child. This will not affect you AT ALL personally. I'm sorry you feel the need that every one should be like you and raise their children the way you raise your children, but that's why we're all different and individuals. Every family is raised completely different and it doesn't mean our way is wrong because its not the way you do it. So please, keep your negativity regarding my decisions about my pregnancy and my son to yourself. I am excited to be having a son and I am excited to do boy-ish things. Because I was a girl, I was introduced to it, AND I DIDN'T WANT ANY PART OF IT. You know nothing about these people and how they were raised and what works for them and what doesn't. Just because its not YOUR way and how YOU would do it doesn't make it wrong. What's wrong is you making people feel bad for their decisions and what they get excited for in their pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->