25 rules for Moms with a son... Tear jerker, FOR SURE

A lovely article, thanks for posting. I'm a mum of a boy (nearly 3) and this brought a tear to my eye. Sorry to see this thread has turned into an argument about gender stereotyping as I don't think that's how you meant it at all. Congratulations on having your own little boy. You have every right to be excited. x

Thank you! I'm excited either way. Thankfully for me anyway this isn't something people can make me feel guilty for or bad about. Some goes with comments other people make, I'm happy, I'm excited and I'm not going to give anyone the power to take that away from me :)

It's amazing how the people who claim to be the most open-minded about issues ("I'm very forward-thinking and am not going to gender-stereotype my kid") are usually the most judgmental. I'm the farthest thing from a girly-girl. The ONLY time I wear dresses is at weddings. I don't do manicures or pedicures, I wear VERY little make-up, I teach science in a department of mostly men, etc. However, I'm not a boy! The sexes are different. I think it's cute to dress little girls in pink and little boys in blue. Yet my child will never think he/she needs to fit any specific type of role in life. If my son wants to paint his nails, I'll run to the store and get him the nail polish. To each her own when it comes to raising a child. Your way is no better than anyone else's, thank you!

I think we're all forgetting a very important thing...our child's personality. Whether you COVER girls in pink and tutu's, or INSIST that everything is gender neutral...your child is still going to have his/her own personality and likes no matter what!

As far as the gender neutral things go...I get it, but most of the people that want to apply it to their children seem like they're doing it more to prove a point to other people or society than they are because they actually think it matters or benefits their child in any way. Letting them play with whatever they want and telling them that it's ok to be whoever they want is one thing....trying to make everything around them gender neutral is another and I personally think that it's just as bad as going gender crazy.

Lovely article. I've saved it to my bookmarks so I can look at it again. Also sorry to see that what I believe was just meant as a lovely thread has become an argument. I was actually shocked to see someone would say something negative about the original post. Why can't we all just get on and agree to disagree?? Lol. For what it's worth boys and girls are different.. That's a fact.. And although I'll let my son make all his own choices (if he wants to play with dolls then that's fine by me I'll love him no matter what) Im quite happy decorating his nursery in blue and getting blue things.. I don't think it's a big deal.. Think the world is just getting a bit carried away with what's politically correct and what's not!
On the same note though I'm not saying anyone needs to do as i'm doing- my wa might not be yours and that's fine by me! We're all unique after all!

Live and let live ladies!!! Don't dwell on the little things! Xxx

Lovely article.

There is a debate going on in the news and debates section for those that want to discuss the gender issues, sterotypes etc

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/news-debates/1871471-pinkification.html

Amsan, lovely lovely article and very true... Thank you for sharing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"