27 weeks, leaking waters, being kept in L&D overnight.

Mamoosca

Reaction score
I'm having a horrible day. I've been suffering from thrush on and off throughout my entire pregnancy. I've been ignoring heavy discharge for over a week thinking it was that.

When I went through 3 panty liners within 6 hours yesterday with yellow discharge enough was enough. This couldn't be normal. Called my community MW who made me go straight to labour and delivery to be checked.

I got here at 2.30 and I'm being forced to stay overnight after numerous tests. Ive had a speculum, doppler, scan, bloodtests, urine tests, bp taken and temp taken.

The scan showed that I have less than normal waters but they can't see an active leek at the mo. My urine has tested positive for lucozites, whatever that is and the registrar wanted to start me on antibiotics and steroids for the babies lungs as she thinks there is a chance I could go into labour in the next 24 hours.

I'm absolutely gutted. Please stay put baby :(

To anyone else who thinks they may be leaking, please just go and be checked. Even if you think u know what it is, you could be wrong. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck, hope all turns out well! xx

atleast you didn't leave it too late good luck hun and I hope ur lil lo arrives safe and well xx

I've been on bed rest with low fluid levels, so I know how scary it can be this early in the pregnancy. You're in the BEST place for monitoring the baby...have faith that everything will turn out for the best.

There are some amazing, inspirational stories of babies born at 27 weeks in the preemie section. I've taken a lot of comfort in reading those and I hope you do too :hugs:

Good luck. I will be thinking about you and wishing you well. Glad you gettin monitored x x

Good luck hun! Everything will turn out okay, you'll see. Xxxx

Hope everything goes ok and your LO stays put. :hugs:

Good luck. This exact same thing happened to me at 27 weeks, and now I am almost 36 weeks with baby still in. I hope that provides encouragement. Your waters can reseal themselves which is what happened here! If not, your baby will be very well off with the steriod shots!

Good luck, keep us posted. Praying your babes stays in there a little while longer. There are some great stories of babies surviving and thriving well at 27 weeks. They have a premature section on the forum with great stories on it as another poster suggested. xx :hugs:

my fluids were low and i had to get a ultrasound 2x a week to watch it from 28 weeks up until they induced me at 34 weeks. i was a nervous wreck...but after it was all done..everything turnd out fine. out of all four of my kids...my last son was the pregnancy with low fluid and he's my toughest kid lol :dohh:

<3 thinking of you and your LO. I hope he/she stays in there longer and that your body sorts things out. At least you caught it, and have directed yourself to the proper care. You are a fabulous mom already :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->