28 wks Come Join Me

tankel

Super Mama
Reaction score
Hoping to make new friends as I wait for the big day.

This is my first baby. I'm due Jan 10 and I'm really nervous. I'm afraid about my ability to take care of another person. I hope I'm not the only one.

I'm planning a home birth, but I love to hear birth plans and stories of all types.

Oh and I don't know the sex so it's a big surprise!

Hi! :wave:

I'm 29 weeks with #1 (2nd pregnancy though) so I feel pretty clueless about taking care of a little one myself! Thank God for prenatal classes.

I'm due January 5th with a boy. :)

Oh, and my birth plan is to give birth at the hospital! I am too much of a chicken for a home birth, plus I don't think I'd be able to stop cleaning and relax if I was home. :dohh:

Still using a midwife though.

:haha: I get the whole not being able to relax. I'm kind of afraid that the in-laws will try to show up. I can't imagine being in labor with my Hoo-Ha out and my FIL in the kitchen!

I'm due January 8th and planning a home birth too! I have a 2.5 year old already, he was born at home!

Hello.
I'm due Jan 11 with a girl :) I have one daughter who is 28 months and so excited to be getting a little sister.
I live 3.5 hours drive away from hospital so I really feel that a home birth is out of the question for me personally. If I lived in the same town I would give it a go with no2. I went to the hospital with dd1 but left the day she was born and went to the birthing unit (still far from hospital).

I'm really lucky though because I have the same midwife throughout my pregnancy, Labour and 6 weeks post partum.

Hi! I'm due Jan 16th, but don't know what we're having. Gonna be an exciting surprise! :-D I have a 3 year old boy, so I'm excited to see him become a big brother :)

That's awesome that you're planning a home birth. I'm hoping to have a natural birth this time, though it will be in a hospital. I have a midwife, so I'm hoping that'll help lol

Hi I'm due January 7th 29 weeks tomoz I've got two boys already they'll be almost 4 & 2 when my Third boy is due . Will be giving birth in hospital I had a post partum hemorage after ds1 so have to be careful.mother hood comes naturally you'll be fine X

Hi! I will be 31 weeks on Friday with my second. Another little girl due Christmas Day! My first is currently 18 months old. She was born April 7th 2014 via emergency cesarean at 41weeks.
I am aiming for an unmedicated VBAC with the aid of a doula this time around in the same hospital that I had my first at. I would love to do a home birth. But in case of a uterine rupture due to my cesarean scar, I insist on being at the hospital.

Hi, I'm 29 weeks exactly due January 6th. I'm having a second boy! First ds just turned one yesterday! Hopefully they'll be close in more than just age.

Yay Welcome everyone. It's so great to hear all the different birth plans. I'm :shock: about how many people are using midwives! Where I'm from, midwives are often thought of as less than doctors and unsafe.

I have a new pregnancy symptom to put up there with bad heart burn. It's charlie horses. Man, they hurt a lot. I'm upping my potassium intake in the hopes that it helps.

Tankel - are you in the US? I'm in NZ and everyone uses a midwife here. It's standard. I'm in a smaller town so I get my own midwife. :) :)

yep, I'm in the US. It must be nice to live in a place where midwives are the norm.

I'm in Canada and here you get to choose if you want a doctor or midwife. I went with my doctor the last pregnancy but she's on mat leave herself now. Plus after losing my first at 14 weeks I knew I'd need more hand holding this time around - the midwives are great because I can call them with random questions! Can't do that with a doctor.

Is anyone else getting head butted in the cervix? I've had this 3 times now and it takes my breath away! I was walking to the train and my whole upper body spasmed. Ouch! Either that or Thomas is hitting a nerve.

HI everyone! I will be 30 weeks tomorrow. I am due Jan 1, with a boy. Our 1st.

I'm in the US and the hospital I'm at the maternity ward is midwife led with obgyn doctors as back ups. Except all the midwives act just like doctors so I don't see much of a difference.

Is anyone else getting head butted in the cervix? I've had this 3 times now and it takes my breath away! I was walking to the train and my whole upper body spasmed. Ouch! Either that or Thomas is hitting a nerve.

No cervix kicks yet. I hear they hurt something fierce though.

Im due Jan 13th have a 7 year old daughter already & having a boy x

Hi ladies. How are you all feeling?
Are your bumps getting in the way yet? Mine is still ok. I remember feeling too big from 34 weeks last time.

I'm feeling ok :) just feel normal most the time bump does get in the way tho c

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"