29yrs old, TTC #1

Hi Sana, I'm planning to test no earlier than 10 dpo (Nov 28) if I can keep my POAS urges under control. Ideally, I'll have enough self control to wait until 11 or 12 dpo. I'm so excited for your first obgyn appointment! Dec. 4th will be here before you know it!

Hey girls, it's been a busy weekend. My AF is due tomorrow but being the first month off the pill I doubt it will come on time. I've been so over emotional lately I can't wait for it to get here to just start over.
Annie you are not crazy, I think I googled every symptom as it happened with the dpo.
We went shopping yesterday and DH and I ooooed and ahhhhhed over every baby section. On one hand it makes this adventure more real and exciting for a bit, but on the other it is just like "come on already!"
We were in the Baby's R Us section of Toys R Us last weekend and this woman asked DH to get something off the top shelf, then she looked at me and said "well, she certainly is not pregnant" then walked off. I was so upset, it ruined the rest of my day. I just felt like it was rude... How does she know, and what if we couldn't have kids or something. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I felt like it was out of line for a stranger. I get it, I don't have a big belly, but you don't know me.
Anyway, it's very exciting that Mandy and Sana have their appointments set up!! Even if it does seem far out you have something to look forward to. Just think, this time next year you'll be shocked that this time next year your little babies will be almost 4 months old!

Sddnly, I am so sorry that rude stranger said that to you. I seriously wonder what is wrong with people sometimes. I've had complete strangers say the most bold and out of line things to me before, and it can just ruin your day. I'm glad your hubby is supportive and excited to look at baby things with you :) Your time will come, but I know how hard it is to wait! Do you chart at all? If not, you might think about starting a fertility friend account (it's free) before your next cycle begins. It has helped me so much this cycle to get into the habit of temping and charting my cm, etc. In the past, it's all been such a guessing game and I just felt in the dark about everything. I mean, I'm still driving myself crazy wondering if this is our month, but at least I can be reasonably sure of when I ovulated, etc.

Hey girls! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Heather I agree with you that it was no accident that we all met and bonded so quickly :) you guys are the only ones besides DH that know about the BFP.it is so hard no to tell everyone. I just want to wait until I know that it's real and no major issues. I want y'all to know that you mean so much to me and I care about everyone and I can't wait until we all have our bfps and we can be bump buddies.
Annie it's getting close to testing day. Any symptoms? I hope you can hold out to 10 dpo too; but trust me I know easier said then done. I have everything crossed for you. :)
Heather I can't get over how awesome and supportive your DH is. I am sending you positive thoughts. Did y'all ever get the Christmas lights up? We will hopefully get a tree and decorate mercy weekend. I am excited! I love Christmas!
Sddnly I can not believe that rude lady! Who does that?:growlmad: I know how stressful it can be.
Annie I might start a journal. Probably will wait until it's more real and I know everything I'd ok. Well I really need to get out of bed and clean the kitchen...
Hope everyone is doing ok and having a good weekend!

I am also so thankful to have found you ladies! I really do think we were brought together for a reason :D Mandy, I LOVE Christmas too! I'm so excited for you getting to enjoy the holidays with your little baby on the way. Maybe the rest of us will get to join you and Sana before too long :)

I'm 7dpo today, and having some light cramping. My temp was down again for the second day in a row, so I'm worried that's a bad sign.

Heather, I bet your Christmas lights look amazing! My family used to drive around and look at Christmas lights when I was a little girl. Someone in the neighborhood would usually be selling hot chocolate, and we thought it was such a treat to buy a cup. Those are some of my favorite memories. I've been thinking about you these past few days and hoping you're doing well. I think December may be a lucky month for you!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Hey girls! How are you all doing? I am down to the last three weeks of fall quarter so things are going to get crazy!! Words cannot express how ready I am for this quarter to be done... acutally the whole program! I miss having my own paycheck and not having to be a slave to schoolwork. Pray that is goes quickly for me! :)

How are things, Sddnly? Do you mind if I ask your real name and where you are from?? I am so sorry about that old bag and her nasty comments! You should have stuck your foot out and tripped her as she walked away. :shrug: I hope AF stayed away and you got your BFP!

Mandy!! How are you feeling??? Any more symptoms??? Thanks for your kind words about my hubby, he really is wonderful! And yes, Christmas lights are up!! I need to go get one more set to add to the posts infront, but he did a great job! I planned on putting our, fake (BOO), tree up this weekend, but never got around to it so I will hopefully have it up next weekend.

Annie!! You have been in my thoughts girl! I have been sending you lots of BFP thoughts! I am proud of you for not testing yet, I was so weak! haha
My family use to drive around and look at Christmas lights too! There is a street, actually a neighborhood, that is called "Christmas Carol Lane" and each house has its own theme. And they have HUGE displays in the yard that go with their Christmas song. It isn't as cool as it was when I was younger so that is a bummer.

Anyways... I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to not think about ttc, but I think trying not to made me think of it more. I have been watching a ton of ttc youtube vlogs and this girl had an emotional video about going to see her friends new baby. Apparently the baby is very fussy, but when she holds him he immediately calms down and goes to sleep. She said something that struck my heart... she said it made her realize even more that she is "a mother without a child." That is exactly how I feel! I have such a good bond with my niece, my God kids, and most of my friends kids and it just comes so natural to me. Everyone always comments on what a great mom I will be, so I thought that statement was so fitting. I am a mother without a child.

You all are in my thoughts!! :hugs::hugs:

Heather I remember how crazy the end of the semester can be! I made my first medication error at work the other night :( it wasn't a big deal and everything was fine. I still feel terrible though. School will go by fast; especially the last semester! Just hang in there :)
Only symptoms so far are cramping bloating and sensitive boobs. Just like AF is on her way. Heather I can't wait for you to get your BFP. I am tearing up about what you are saying about being a "mother without a child" it's not fair how it can take several months for someone who is going to be an amazing mom to conceive. Meanwhile there are so so so many unfit parents out there. Ughh! You are in my thoughts too and I feel you are going to get a Christmas BFP :)

You are too sweet, Mandy! I did a lot of thinking this weekend and I think I am going to be REAAALLLLYY laid back this cycle and while I am on break I want to get myself into a healthier routine. I have a strong feeling January or February are going to me my month. And although I want that BFP more than anything in the world... I think it will be better now if I get it then instead of this cycle because if I get pregnant this cycle it will put me in a bad stop for a new job. It is going to suck having to take time off so quickly anyways, but this way I will be able to have at least a few solid months of working before I have to take off. This is all hoping I get a job right away!

I am just glad that you and Sana got your BFP's... at least now I know my intuition is working! :) :) I TOLD y'all (hehe) that it was a lucky month and little did I know it would be extra lucky!! WOOHOOO!

Hey girls ! How r u keeping?
Heather good luck with the laid back approach .
Mandy I so envy you,you cud keep the news between u n dh .
Suddnlt,annie any updates?

I had a tough weekend ,bad cramps went to obgyn got a scan and seems everythings fine.I just have to watch what I eat :-(

Good Morning Ladies, back to work for me today! Which is a nice change since it means that I will (hopefully) be somewhat more distracted and less crazed. AF is not yet, but I feel like it will be soon. I was an absolute basket case these last few days and very easily upset. For me that is a typical indication the week before.
Heather, I understand how you feel. I am actually a stepmother, which makes me literally a mother, and not a mother at the same time. It is difficult and rewarding in its own ways. My DSS lives with us 90% of the time, and having him made me realize more and more each day how much I wanted to have my own child. One that was around 100% of the time, and that I got to experience from the begining. It's difficult, because his mother isn't really a good one, even her son says things like he "needs to teach her to do the things that I do for him"... which as you can imagine are basic things. At the same time, she is his mother, and there is no replacing that. Sometimes it is harder then others, but I love my family. I have faith that it will be your time soon!!
I absolutely LOVE Christmas, and Christmas lights, I am hoping that this next month proves to be a distraction with preparing for the holidays! We haven't gotten our tree or put up any lights yet, but I am sure I will not be able to hold out much longer!!
P.S. I am from Northern New York, and my name is Alex.

Heather, I can so relate to that feeling of being a "mother without a child." I've felt that way for some time now, and it's getting harder and harder lately. I am also excited for this semester to be over! It's always crazy at the end, but then it's so nice to have a little time off. I think your feeling that January or February will be your lucky month sounds perfect. I really think it won't be much longer for you.

Mandy, I'm sorry you're having cramps :( I know you'll be really busy at work these next few days, so I'll be thinking of you!

Sana, I'm sorry you had a tough week, but that's great news that the scan was all clear! What kinds of foods do you have to be careful of/avoid?

Alex, it's nice to know your name! It sounds like you are an amazing mom to your stepson :)

I am 8 dpo today and having AF type cramps. They are very mild, but pretty constant. My temp was down for the 3rd day in a row, so I'm essentially counting myself out for this month. I've been in a rotten mood all day as a result. I don't think I'm even going to test at all as I'm pretty much certain AF will be here Friday. I don't have the heart to see another BFN; if I really am out, I'd rather just find out the old-fashioned way.

hey Alex - i have been asked to eat lesser amounts of food more frequently -I have been seriously bloated these days ,(reason why I have these ab cramps ) .Stay Positive girl -thats what our thread is about !!
Heather swwetheart try and get busy with stuffs like gardening(i love plants ) or shopping (ooooh i Love that too ;-))
Mandy -did u kind of find out when u are due (like july end right ?)
Hey Annie -Some sweet indulgences might help (I am so forbidden from eating anything sweet :-( )

How are you feeling sana? When I called to make my appointment they gave me a due date of august 1. I have been bloated cramping and gassy.

Hi ladies, just wanted to update to say that AF came on Sun., so I am on to the next cycle. Hope you all are doing well!

hey mandy , me too am very very bloated and gassy .got my next doc appointment on 14th .
i think my due date is on 26th July (they dint say anything at the docs but i managed to read so on my file with the doc .
hey annie all the best with this cyle !!
Heather ..Alex how are u girls doing ?

Sana how are you doing? I am still bloated gassy and nauseas at times. Cramps every now and then. Dr appointment this Friday. If all goes well we will start telling family and friends. I am so nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->