2nd cycle after microgynon (getting hooked on this website!lol)

Hello again. I'd be interested to know, is anyone cutting back on alcohol to ttc? I've cut out coffee which was a wrench but I'm being selfish and as much as I intended to cut back on drink I've not done much. I drink most weekends, typically a bottle of wine. My husband about the same. I've read all sorts and know we should cut back, but don't know how long the effects last. Is me getting boozy during my fertile window really bad? does it last longer than that? should dh cut back too? It's the next step for me and dh I think, but would like to know what everyone else is doing as I know my drinking habits are the norm nowadays.x

To be honest I don't cut back at all.. Fair enough I don't go mad but I do like my pub on a Friday night.. I just think I'm not pregnant yet probably the only perk about it really for me x

SS83 I didn't have any alcohol or caffeine when I first started ttc but I've kind of given up on that :haha:
I'm not a big drinker anyway but I do like my cups of tea.
I wouldn't be too concerned about one bottle of wine at the weekend. I didn't get pregnant when tee-total and plenty of people get pregnant on drunken one-night stands so I imagine it wouldn't make much difference?

I got another positive OPK this morning. So confused. I've had heaps of discharge since before my first positive OPK and was getting quite hopeful. This morning my temperature spiked so thought I would do an OPK just to check and it was definitely positive. Really thought I'd ovulated earlier though due to temperatures and positive OPK :wacko: Anyone experienced this?

I googled it....big mistake, apparently drinking, caffeine, too much exercise all "half"your chances of conceiving, that's true how would anyone get pregnant nowadays?! me and dh going to ignore it for now and if no bfp by january then use a 3 month detox as a new tactic but hopefully it wont come to that ;-) x

Wow that's a big number. I think as long as you do it in moderation it can't be too much harm? That sounds like a good idea ss83. Hopefully you'll be pregnant well before then anyway:thumbup:

I hope so sarah, for us and everyone else on this thread :)
On cd21 and clear cm had started so hoping to notice ovulation pains or symptoms soon like I had last month. clear cm matching last months cycle so hoping for another 35 or less cycle to get something regular. Me and dh have been bding eod as a minimum but every day where possible this week to make sure we make the most of what I hope is my fertile week. First blood test on monday to test for ovulation. Have been in holiday this week for our wedding anniversary and drinking way more than normal but sod it, we need to chill out and celebrate and not stress anymore than we are about ttc! :) xxx

Had what I hope are ov pains yesterday and clear cm still here so think this is me moving into my 2 week wait from tomorrow if my cycle is on track like I hope. First blood test today and booked for cd28 & 35 (unless af shows up before then). Feeling very positive about it all, hope it comes back ok and we can chill out and get on with trying for that bfp!
How are you getting on belle?xx

Hi girls so sorry ive been away this past weeks been.... Challenging! Back at uni n had some really bad news (not involvin ttc had 2 deaths the past week, very very sad)

Im cd 13 atm so if last months anything to go by (big if I know!) its 4 days till ov. We're ktnp this month with everything thats going on... But hey sometimes its the cycles we dont obsess over that finally gets us that bfp! They do say every death brings a new life... If i get knocked up this month with twins I will literally freak out! Lots of stress this month though as you can imagine so I'm not going to get my hopes up. Back to it all next month :) x

Yeah that's awful news.. I have my scan tm but me and oh are arguing badly not sure what's going on at the moment.. Just all over the place.. Best mate revealed she's 4 months of yesterday with her third :( love her to bits but can't help feel abit gutted.. Xx

Thanks SS :) and Belle its hard at times isnt my... My oh seems to not wanna come near me at the minute... Does nothin for my self esteem x

Aw belle...you okay? Ttc can't help sometimes, think it can be a strain on a relationship if you're worrying or stressed about it. hope you guys work things out soon. And best of luck for your scan today, will be thinking of you. Chin up hon. xxxx

So gutted, bladder wasn't full enough for them to see anything.. That's another few months wait!!! :( feel like crying.

Why didn't they get you to have a drink in the waiting room and take you back in? Thats what they normally do. Ridiculous you need to wait for another appointment.

I know that's what few others said! that's the crappy hospital for you!! Just got back from lil break with OH did good, got a letter to go back to hospital Wednesday must remember to drink LoADs!! Lol

Cd64 today!! My ff app says I'm ov from tm.. Going by the last 12 week cycle Im assuming.. Actually think it might turn out to be correct! Lol x

Fingers crossed for you on wed! I've got my ov test tomorrow, results on thurs, really anxious about it, hope all is okay. I'm hoping for another 35d cycle so if no Af by 8th oct I'll be testing...that is if my ov test comes back ok first. hopefully we both get the results we want this week.:thumbup:
Cd64? Jeez that's a long time even by my standards, you must be so fed up. :growlmad:

Good luck girls... Lets have some good news.

I am doing absolutely nothing this month... No opks, no epo... Nothing, nada, zip! Ov pains today which have come later than last month but thats probably due to stress. Will be bd'ing tonight and we'll see what happens. The relaxed approach might do the trick but if not then I'm back to obsessing next month :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->