• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2nd (or more time mums) & raspberry leaf tea

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

If you're on your 2nd (or more) and you're taking RLT what week did you start taking it?

With my DD I started at 1 cup a day at 32 weeks and then upped it a cup every 2 weeks and I'm just wondering when to start with this one. I was all set for starting at 32 weeks again but I've been told (by a friend) that I probably shouldn't start so early 2nd time round.

I had planned on starting at 32 weeks but baby was (and still is) breech so it's advised against.

I planned to start a cup a day at 27 weeks, it's when I started with my first. I've never heard of not starting earlier for the second.

I had planned on starting at 32 weeks but baby was (and still is) breech so it's advised against.

Oh really? I've not heard that is there any reason for why it's advised against?

I planned to start a cup a day at 27 weeks, it's when I started with my first. I've never heard of not starting earlier for the second.

No I hadn't heard either! I just assumed it would be fine to do as I did first time around. To be honest I'm not sure why she advised waiting I'll have to ask her!

Reasons for not:

Raspberry leaf tea is not right for everyone. Don't take it if:
A previous labour lasted only three hours or less, from start to finish.
You're scheduled to have a planned caesarean for a medical reason.
You've had a caesarean before.
You've had a premature labour before.
You've had vaginal bleeding in the second half of pregnancy.

It would also be wise not to drink raspberry leaf if you:
Have a family or personal history of breast or ovarian cancer, endometriosis or fibroids.
Are expecting a baby who is breech.
Have any complications or health problems in your pregnancy, including high blood pressure.
Are expecting twins.

I started at 32 with one cup, it's what I did last time. I'll increase to two at 34 then go from there I think!

Reasons for not:

Raspberry leaf tea is not right for everyone. Don't take it if:
A previous labour lasted only three hours or less, from start to finish.
You're scheduled to have a planned caesarean for a medical reason.
You've had a caesarean before.
You've had a premature labour before.
You've had vaginal bleeding in the second half of pregnancy.

It would also be wise not to drink raspberry leaf if you:
Have a family or personal history of breast or ovarian cancer, endometriosis or fibroids.
Are expecting a baby who is breech.
Have any complications or health problems in your pregnancy, including high blood pressure.
Are expecting twins.

I'll have to look into this, I've never used rlt in previous pregnancies but it's seems like it really helps...I have a family history of breast cancer as well as previous preterm labour, I've just started this past week drinking it.

Ok just wanted to update, I still feel totally safe drinking rlt...I did find a couple articles including the exact article you used to quote from...none really had any scientific evidence as to why it would be bad, however I did find several article supporting its use, I think it comes down to whether or not you believe that progesterone is good for you, as it supports progesterone, which I do because I believe so many people are estrogen dominant (I say people instead of women because I believe men and children are also estrogen dominant now because of all the chemicals and additives in our environment/food)...just my take in case anyone else was slightly freaked out to read that...as far as history of preterm labor, again I still feel safe taking it because I've read over and over that it does not cause you to go into labor but merely strengthens/tones your uterus so that when you do, your contractions will be more effective :)

I can't exactly remember but i was around 32/35 weeks with my 2nd and 3rd babies when i started taking the tablets. Those two babies were 5 and 8 days over due but definitely helped my labours progress quickly :)

I was going to start drinking it at 32 weeks, but my midwife has asked me to wait until 34 weeks so I don't go into labour early..... This is my 4th baby and I started it at 32 weeks with ALL my babies and the last two were a week overdue so I don't beleive it starts labour early, but what I beleive it does for me is speeds up dilation when I am in labour, I dilate quite fast once in active labour, with my last baby I went into hospital at 6cm and an hour later she was born, it might not be the rlt at all but I drink it anyway incase it helps :) but I really wanted to start at 32 weeks and now mw has told me 34 weeks I'm torn between what to do :/

I was going to start drinking it at 32 weeks, but my midwife has asked me to wait until 34 weeks so I don't go into labour early..... This is my 4th baby and I started it at 32 weeks with ALL my babies and the last two were a week overdue so I don't beleive it starts labour early, but what I beleive it does for me is speeds up dilation when I am in labour, I dilate quite fast once in active labour, with my last baby I went into hospital at 6cm and an hour later she was born, it might not be the rlt at all but I drink it anyway incase it helps :) but I really wanted to start at 32 weeks and now mw has told me 34 weeks I'm torn between what to do :/

I think you need to be the one to decide, I'm at risk for preterm labor but I feel totally safe drinking it...maybe if you're on the fence you can start off with just one cup a day until you're more comfortable having a little more...the way I figure is if there's a good chance I'm going to go early then I want to start so it can have time to be effective, if you know what I mean, I was going to start drinking it at 32 weeks but was lazy and didn't lol, but I've been drinking around 3 cups a day this week, and I can tell it's been doing something because I've been getting stronger Braxton hicks since I've been drinking it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->