2nd stage car seat

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
So maddi's getting very long and just wondering about changing over to a new car seat. i've been having a look around and these are the ones i've been looking at:
https://www.mothercare.com/Britax-E...2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44452031&mcb=core#productInfo
https://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cos...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44452031&mcb=core
https://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cos...=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44452031&mcb=coreany experience with the above car seats, what do you have? is it any good? so i'm quite confused about changing over! when did you do it? was going to mothercare and see which fits! arg! i'm so confused! :confused:

Go with what you think. I'd rather Caitlyn move up early than be unsafe in one too small xx

Go with what you think. I'd rather Caitlyn move up early than be unsafe in one too small xx

me too :hugs: i no she's not ready yet just looking at them, but i don't no why its making me all confused!! i don't think i've felt this confused since looking at sterilisers he he! :rofl:

my friend moved her little boy into one like those when he was 7 n half month.

Loving the maxi cosy one x

my friend moved her little boy into one like those when he was 7 n half month.

Loving the maxi cosy one x

thanks honey :hugs:
i too was thinking the maxi cosi too, we have the 1st stage one (in the same colour :blush:) and have been really pleased with it, so was thinking about the same next time :)

please don't let me have an addiction to car seats too!!! lol x

I moved Colton about 6.5mo. He was 22lbs (max for his infant seat).
The one I have is rear facing or forward facing. Even though we went ahead and faced him forward (which they have to be 20lbs or 9mo to do), I figured I'd spend alittle on the more expensive one because (1) it also converts to a booster up to 100lbs and (2) we can use it from 5lbs+ when we have our second and (3) it reclines.. which I LOVE because it's not sitting straight up incase he falls asleep.

I moved Colton about 6.5mo. He was 22lbs (max for his infant seat).
The one I have is rear facing or forward facing. Even though we went ahead and faced him forward (which they have to be 20lbs or 9mo to do), I figured I'd spend alittle on the more expensive one because (1) it also converts to a booster up to 100lbs and (2) we can use it from 5lbs+ when we have our second and (3) it reclines.. which I LOVE because it's not sitting straight up incase he falls asleep.

thank you marchbaby, such helpful advice, i too love that they recline :hugs:

I have the second one you posted.

I 100% love it. Im really pleased with it. Its very secure, it reclines, plenty of room to grow with her, Honestly i dont think I could have asked for a better car seat & whats more I saved about £45. I ordered it from Kiddicare it came really quick and only paid £100 for it. ( I know you cant put a price on safety, was just a bargian) I cant fault it at all! I love the colour too. its so girly and cute! I think Olivia likes it too :)

x

How much does she weigh at the moment Carly?? I have the britax one, no probs x

How much does she weigh at the moment Carly?? I have the britax one, no probs x

shes 17lb 1oz bless her :) but sometimes she seems so long, she still seems to fit ok, as still attaches it onto the pram but was just thinking it wont be long :dohh: think its up to 23lb, what do you think honey? :hug:

I was told in Halfords that they can go in a forward facing car seat at 9 months :) xXx

Well she can stay in her present car seat until she is upto the weight recommended...but only if her headdoesn't sit over the edge of the car seat, legs over the edge are fine, but she may feel more comfatable in 2nd stage, But she must not move into the 2nd stage til she is 9kg (i think that is what it is on most 2nd stage) which is about 19lb12, because it doesn't offer the right support, Paige only recently went into 2nd stage x

I was the same as you, Jessie's feet are half way up the back of the seat in the one she's got now bless her. She'll soon have her feet thrown over the back of the seat and on the parcel shelf lol. xXx

Paige was 17lb8 at 21 weeks
At 30wks she was exactly 9kg
x x

thank you so much guys :hugs:

kaci - thats so useful to no, maddi's head still got room, her legs are starting to hang over bless her, hopefully she wont be a short-ass like mummy and daddy :blush: so useful to no about the weight too thank you honey, so pleased she got a little bit longer as i like putting her on the frame of the pram in her car seat :blush: i think tbh its all the snowsuits etc she has on at the moment as its so cold.

nikki - you really made me laugh! bless jessie, she's going to be so tall, though if i remember right from pictures, you're lovely and tall! x x x love your new avatar btw, she's so gorgeous x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->