2nd time mums + pre natal classes

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Will you be going to the prenatal/antenatal classes ?

As far as the birth is concerned my views on the methods of pain relief hasn't changed but I would like to have new mummy friends who are going through it again at the same time and have other kids too

I had my lo 3 years ago I wonder if much has changed that I should go to all the classes again ?

I am as this baby is with a new partner so he wants to go along and I'd like to go to a breast feeding class as with my DD I never got the hang of it so bottle fed but would really like to breast feed this LO :)

I'm not because it was only two years ago we went and I didn't find them that useful.

Like you my choices of pain relief hasn't changed so really no point for us.

No I wouldn't go again. I remember how to swaddle :)

I'm not, the only thing that would tempt me is that I am having a home birth this time around so would consider something with home birth specifically in mind, nt sure if they do that.

I'm not. Mainly because OH doesn't want to. But it wasn't long ago for me and I think I know the important things and know how I want my birth to go.
I also know a couple of people pregnant and due around the same time as me so can go through it with them.

I'm not.....I did find it super useful and really enjoyed them but, I feel like I learned what I needed to know and I've had people have so many kids since I've kept repeating what I learned so much that I haven't forgotten it. The only thing is that since I was so successful with nursing when I didn't expect to be (but I struggled a lot)...so if anything I might try the nursing clinic at the hospital after I have my LO. Since I didn't realize how determined I would be, I'd like it to go a bit easier. Hahahahaha

no as I don't have b sitters to look after my 2 lo.

I'd prefer to go to baby clubs. As personally I think anti Nat classes are brill for 1st times mums but more tricky when got other children as not like I could do a baby message course and first time mum chat might drive me a bit crazy ....( but defo happy doing it first time round)

Also birth is birth no matter how much u learn / books u read - the baby always wins how it's coming out - Ive yet to meet a person who had the birth plan they wanted !

I will be going again just because its been 4 and a half years since my son was born and there might be alot about the hospital policies and such that has changed.

also will have a different partner with this one so goin to go for him

I won't be. I'm sure I know what I need to know about labour..... I am going to a yoga birth class though which shows natural ways to help with pain relief during birth. It also means that I get to meet other new mums :)

Na, hated them the first time. I was the oldest by 20 years so it was quite embarrassing.

I did. and theres only 13 months between my babies. Different pregnancies, different labours, different questions mostly for me. I was in a midwife unit first time round but knew I was labour suite second time, baby would be going to scbu so I went mostly to get info on inductions, and procedure for scbu.

proper freaked out the first timers lol but I needed my questions answering

I would like to this time around. My son is three and i didn't go to any with him. We managed just fine, but i think it will be a great opportunity to meet people in the same situation as me and if i can pick up some tips or anything that will be great too. I don't live where i used to, so will be nice to meet people in the area also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->