2nd timers

Well we've always wanted one of each because we only want 2. I would just like to experience both. I don't think one gender is superior to the other or anything. Well I was a little bummed because I had a very vivid gender dream and it was a boy dream. I mentioned it elsewhere and basically got attacked because since I have had a mc they felt I shouldn't have a preference and should just be happy baby is healthy. It kind of floored me because I never said I wouldn't love a boy just as much it's just not what I've always had pictured in my mind. I even said that I loved this baby with my whole heart when I mentioned it kinda bummed me out a bit. It's not a permanent feeling it's just like an "oh, Darn" type of feeling. I guess I just didn't like being old how I should feel after my mc. That kinda got under my skin.

I was actually secretly hoping for a boy with #2 because I already had a boy and I felt like I knew at least a little of how to parent one. A girl was all new territory! :haha: I definitely got some negative comments for mentioning it - especially since we were LTTTC#1 (4 years). But they had the wrong idea. I wasn't disappointed it was a girl at all - I was just doing the "If I could wish for either, it would be..." Not that I wouldn't love and cherish a girl. In fact I am so so glad I have a little girl - she has been an absolute joy in my life and I couldn't imagine not having her.

I don't have a sense yet of whether this one is a boy or girl, but I'm guessing a girl. If it is I'll have to do some preparing with my son. He tells me he wants a little brother but NO MORE SISTERS!!! lol

I am very happy to be pregnant as we really want to expand our family however we lost our son at 31 weeks due to hospital neglect so yeah, its scary and I have no idea how to tell those around us we are expecting again, and so soon. I know we will tell our family immediately so they are aware but I think I will wait until 12 weeks to tell my boss. We will wait until 20-25 weeks to tell everyone else I think...

We want this baby so bad, just so afraid to go through what we went through again. I also feel like I missed out on the joys of a normal pregnancy you know where you complain about being tired or your skin breaking out...not worrying about whether your child would make it :cry:

hey ladies I am cautiously excited, we too told everyone at 5 wks with the last one (DS#2), but like Sun, assuming all goes well, this will be my last pregnancy, I love being pregnant, when you're big and you can feel the baby kicking etc... I just feel so lucky to be able to experience that...

and as for he gender I have 2 boys, and would looove to have a girl, I don't think it's wrong to want one gender over the other, like you guys have said it doesn't mean you wouldn't looove the opposite gender! We said we'd try once more for a girl, and joke that we'll likely have twin boys hahahaha So we'd be happy for either. I don't think it's fair for people to judge just because we've had a mc before... I think everyone truly wishes for one or the other but most won't say it!

Yeah it's silly for them to tell you how you should feel. You can't help it and honestly I think everyone has a bit of a gender preference regardless of whether they say so or not. That doesn't mean we wouldn't love to have either of course and sometimes if you mention to someone you would prefer one gender over another (because typically people WILL ask) they get the impression you wouldn't love the opposite gender as much. Kind of annoying really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->