2rd time mums

I had a failed home birth. 48 hour labour that only got me to 4cm. Epidural then full spinal block for an emergency section. I had to stay in hospital for 5 days. Although on.the plus side I did recover very quickly. I want an elective section this time as I feel I need to have some control this time.

I was in labour for 3days, very slow progression due to back to back position. All pain was in my back so opted for an epidural in the end. The epidural was heaven and wore off just enough when I was needed to push. Only pushed for 10mins and out popped my baby girl. Bit nervous of doing it without an epidural this time but didn't like the process of getting it put it in. Just going to go with the flow and remember I've done it before I can do it again :)

I was induced and thought the labour went really well. It lasted 3 hours and I was on gas and air to help me through it.

Unfortunately, after the birth I had a major hemorrhage and had 9 units of blood transfused as well as platelets and plasma (if that means anything to anyone). Basically I almost died.
I would really like to have the same sort of labour again as I want it to be as natural as possible but I think it depends on whether I have placenta increta again. I have to have an MRI scan in 3rd tri to confirm whether or not I have it again. I'm trying to sta as calm as possible but it's hard not to worry

I started off using my natal hypnotherapy & the pool but after only progressing 2cm in 13hrs I got out, had an epidural & syntocinon drip. I pushed her out in 35mins though & this time I'm hoping for a home birth :)

i was in labour with my first for around 40hrs in total, 2 weeks exactly after due date. was in early labour for a day, a night and another day, during that time i couldn't sleep, i couldn't eat either, if i tried, it would just come back up! Took a small oral dose of co-codamol, which done nothing! Was in active labour from around 9pm that second night, my waters got broke for me at just after midnight, and baby was born half past 1am, in the midwifery unit. Only used gas and air, during second stage. I felt empowered staying true to birth plan, for me drugs were no option. This time we're having a home birth, being in the hospital last time felt like i was handing the control over to them and that stressed me out! I left the next afternoon, was so glad to get home again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->