3 Children Under 3 Yrs, How Hard Would It Be?

ema2308

Reaction score
Hi All, Im New To This Site So Please Be Patient, I Currently Have 2 Children 1 Is 20 Months And The Other 8 Months, I Have Just Found Im Preganant Again Although On The Pill. When The 3rd Child Is Born My 2 Other Children Wil Be 2 N A Half And 1 N A Half, I Live In A 3 Bed House With The Childrens Dad But I Dont Have Any Family Where I Live And Only A Cple Of Friends As Ive Only Lived There For 5 Months, People Around Me Have Said To Have An Termination As I Wouldnt Be Able To Cope, But Im Not Sure, What Do You All Think?

My friend is in the same position as you. Her eldest is 2 and her youngest is 1. Surprise baby is due in march. They did consider terminating but couldn't go through with it. That's only a decision you can make. If this is what you want you'll make it. Yes it may be tough but it can be done and will be well worth it.

Btw welcome to BnB.

Im not going to lie ... it will be pretty damn hard, but it can be done! people telling you to have a termination is just wrong imo.
How is looking after your 2 you have now?
You will have to sit down and really think what you want , nobody can tell you what they think is best for you .. only you will know.
:hugs:

No doubting it would be hard, but i have a friend with 3 grown up kids who were all under three at one point and she said although it was hard they are all very close.
Only you and your Oh can make that choice though.

Some Days The Two I Have Are Hard Work As My Youngest Had Very Bad Colic As A Baby, And Is Still Very Grizzly At Times, But Other Days There Are Not A Problem. We Have Considered A Termination But I Dont Think I Can Go Through With It. My Oldest Does Go To Nursery 3 Times A Week In Total 9 Hours

Welcome to BnB. Sorry no real advice. Good luck with whatever way you go. Odd that I was thinking about the same concept about 2 hours ago...

not a mother but i did live in as an Au Pair in America when i was 18-19yrs old for a family with 3 boys under 3yrs, 18 months between each one
I worked anything from 6am to midnight across 6 days a week up to 8/9hrs a day and as i lived with the family i was helping out too.

it was hard but enjoyable although the 3yr old was still in nappies so just meant 3 lots of nappies to change a day where as if maybe he was ready and the last au pair or mother had tried to get him toilet trained it would of made life a little easier.

like the others have said it will be hard but you will learn to get yourself into a routine and the children will grow up being nice and close and enjoy doing things together

GOOD LUCK i hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

I think LouisaL hit the nail on the head. I too was a nanny for 18 month old twins and a 2.5 year old... so there's 3 under 3. Then there was a 5 and 7 year old and they were alllll girls. LOL. It was hard work, but you're forced into a routine - to keep control as much as anything.. and once you get them past that toddler part, it will become much easier. You're not gonna have 3 under 3 for long. I believe in termination for lots of reasons, but I don't think this is one of them... and I think (from what you've said) you'd regret it sweetie. Don't underestimate yourself and what you're capable of coping with. :hug:

Hi, welcome to BnB.
Like the rest have said yes it will be hard, but people telling you to terminate is just WRONG, only you and your OH can decide that, if you are thinking now that you cant go through with it then maybe it is not the decision for you. My friend had 3 kids a 10 year old, 9 year old and a 7 year old so at one stage they were all under 3, she found it very hard but also very rewarding.
I hope you and your OH can come to a decision that both are happy with and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months (if that is what you decide) xx Good luck hun

hi and welcome, i think it will be lovely to have 3 so close together yeah it will be hard at times but there is 2 of you and your eldest will go into nursery 5 days a week when they hit 3 so that gives you some peace lol. i think you will be making a mistake to terminate as i think you will regret it! i sugest a double buggy and a baby sling. lol..

having 3 close together does have a lot of benefits like you will not have to buy everything again as you will already have it, and they will be very close.

i have 3 under 4 and it is hard but i love it at the same time. and it isnt hard all the time the good out weighs the bad.:hugs:

i def def dont think this is a reason for termination (but then i am very anti abortion) imagine when they become an easy age where they can start doing things for themselves and you sit there and think what did we do we could of handled 1 more.

this is only my personal opinion hun and i truely believe you are the only one who can make the decision!

Of course at times it is gonna be hard but oh so rewarding:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Mine are

5....4....10months and I'm due again in Feb.

They are all wonderful and yes, I struggle sometimes but the benefits far outweigh any negatives :muaha: :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

They are my whole world:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->