3 Concurrent Miscarriages - is there hope for a healthy pregnancy?

HopefulinHOU

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I'm currently experiencing my 3rd miscarriage. I'm completely heartbroken. After my second MC we had numerous tests done and all came back just fine. There is no outlining issue that is clearly causing the miscarriages. The first two were viable up to 6 weeks, this last one is a Blighted Ovum, measuring at 5 weeks and I'm really 10 weeks along.
I'm curious if anyone else has experienced 3 miscarriages and has gone on to successfully carry a baby to full term. Did you do anything different with the last pregnancy that you didn't do with the first ones?

I'm 38, healthy, non-smoker, practically non-drinker, especially for the last year, barely drank at all and never when I was pregnant. I don't do drugs, I eat fairly well and I don't have any known health conditions.

Are there any home remedies to help lessen the outcome of a miscarriage. I've heard taking baby aspirin and zinc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I too wonder if there is hope for a successful full term pregnancy after having concurrent losses. I've had two in a row and I really hope my body doesn't reject every baby I conceive. I'm especially really nervous because I had to get two d&cs. My first mc was natural but I ended up having retained tissue that was causing my period to be late so I had a d&c done to remove it. The second was a mmc that I opted for d&c to get it over with. I read that d&cs can make your cervix weak so if anyone has any insight to your question, I would love to know too! Sorry I couldn't be much help and my condolences to you for your losses :cry:

Have you been tested for Nk cells?

I had 6 missed mc before carrying isaac to 27w, I losr him due to an abruption but am 24w today

NK cells were my problem along with thyroid issues and a septate uterus x

I'm so sorry Hopeful. I think it might be helpful to post this in the Pregnancy after a Loss forum (and of course you're always welcome to post whatever here! :) ). Those ladies have tons of experience in this - and I actually saw a similar post that got some answers recently. Also, many of the posters have had recurrent losses. It might be a good place to get extra hope when you need it. xx

The sticky thread at the top of the miscarriage section is full of info, recurrent miscarriage thread x

I had a baby (now almost 3) after 3 successive losses. First loss was natural at 6 weeks, 2nd loss was blighted ovum at 12 week scan and had the tablets at 14 weeks to bring on the miscarriage. The 3rd was at 19 weeks, my waters broke apparently due to an infection and I had no choice but to deliver. I got pregnant with my son around 18 months after the last miscarriage, although he has a different father to the 3 losses. Whether that makes any difference I don't know.

I am currently experiencing a further loss, but still hopeful that my husband and I will have another baby together

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->