3 days in help!

jenny82

Reaction score
LO is 3 days old (well almost). BFing has been a real struggle, as it always is with me but I do feel this time like I'm getting somewhere.

I have been bruised one at the side of each nipple and Bfing is agony. Total razor blade agony, but I do have milk which I don't think I really had before. I got some nipple shields today which did make a difference at the start but now he isn't latching on properly to get a good suck. The good thing is that a few hours off from skin to mouth contact means that having no nipple shield isn't as painful.

He also is very gassy at night. He keeps wanting to feed but I have nothing there, or he just goes off and comes off again. Lots of farts and some burps.

I can't have another night like last night, where I was sobbing at 3am because he was so unsettled and not getting anything. I got about 2 hours sleep and nearly fell asleep on the sofa a few times with him, which really scared me. Today went so much better but again tonight, we seem to be back to unsettled and not getting anything. Where do I go from here?

Thank youx

So sorry you're having some rough days. Sending some major hugs your way. My best advice would be to contact a lactation consultant. They'll be able to give you advice based on your exact nursing situation which will help tons. Just hang in there and hopefully a consultant can help you out!

Hang in there!! You're doing fab and it does pass. Baby is trying to increase your supply. If you are getting wet and dirty nappies baby is getting enough.

Lansinoh cream will help your nipples. And make sure baby is really latched on well.

Hugs to you, you're doing amazing stick with it xxxxxx

Thank you girls. I have a BFing support lady coming out this afternoon. They suspect he has tongue tie but I couldn't get an appointment at the BF clinic until tomorrow :/

LO had his first weigh in this morning and he has lost 10%. The MW this morning though wasn't half as good as the one we had yesterday so I left feeling a bit deflated, which is annoying. Now I have to trek out of the house every day for daily weigh ins argh!

My little guy had a tongue tie and a lip tie. They make nursing tough. The consultant should be able to help you with that. Good luck!

LO is 3 days old (well almost). BFing has been a real struggle, as it always is with me but I do feel this time like I'm getting somewhere.

I have been bruised one at the side of each nipple and Bfing is agony. Total razor blade agony, but I do have milk which I don't think I really had before. I got some nipple shields today which did make a difference at the start but now he isn't latching on properly to get a good suck. The good thing is that a few hours off from skin to mouth contact means that having no nipple shield isn't as painful.

He also is very gassy at night. He keeps wanting to feed but I have nothing there, or he just goes off and comes off again. Lots of farts and some burps.

I can't have another night like last night, where I was sobbing at 3am because he was so unsettled and not getting anything. I got about 2 hours sleep and nearly fell asleep on the sofa a few times with him, which really scared me. Today went so much better but again tonight, we seem to be back to unsettled and not getting anything. Where do I go from here?

Thank youx

Lansinoh cream (as someone else has said) is really helpful.

And i know it's tough, but just remember it gets SO much easier once your milk is coming through more readily!

:flower:

My little one had tongue tie too. He had an awful latch! He had it divided at 5 days old though and since then his latch is great. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->