3 week old snacking

MrsWatson

Reaction score
My 3 week old dd seems like a hungry baby, but she's snacking which is really annoying!

If she's lasted 3 hours without a feed, she'll take 4oz, but most of the time, she'll take 3, be awake and happy for an hour, and then want another 1-2oz before going to sleep, although she doesn't fall asleep on the bottle.

This morning she's had 3oz, slept for half and hour, had 2 oz, slept for another half hour and now had 3 oz! This is all since 7!

Just wondered if I used a size 2 teat if she'd take a bigger feed at once?

We're using Dr Brown bottles

Doubt the bigger teat will help and will possibly cause wind because she might gulp it down.

Does she have a dummy? She might just want to suck in between feeds rather than actually being hungry? This was the case with my LO.

She could just be a natural grazer. My LO was like this was quite a while and we just went with it. He's now 5 months and has larger feeds going around 4 hours between them. 3 weeks is still so young, I'd just let her be in charge for now, her tummy is still tiny so it's bound to be little and often for a while.

My DS does this he's 8 weeks old tomorrow, He's gone from having a 5oz feed to taking 3-4oz then and hour later wanting 1-2oz more then again in another hour or 2, It's kinda annoying but i don't want to deny him the food obviously.

I tried a dummy but he only likes his when he's abit sleepy, instantly rejects it if he's hungry

Just keep doing what you're doing. At only 3 weeks, it's not considered 'snacking'. They really should be feeding every 2-4 hours and everything you're describing sounds completely normal. My daughter wasn't taking 3-4 oz until probably 8-10 weeks. So sounds like she's already eating quite well at each feed. Just keep it up. You'll see it start to become more predictable and see her go for longer stretches in a few weeks time. For now though, all totally normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->