3 weeks no gestational sac hcg 503

Anastasija

Reaction score
Hello everyones, new here.

My af wasn't due until June 10th, I'm on a 30DC. On wednesday I woke up and went to the bathroom when I wiped there was pinkish/egg whiteish CM, I got really confused because I have NEVER gotten my AF early, if anything a couple of days late, so that afternoon at 7pm I took a HPT, it came up faintly positive, mind you this is after a long day of weeing. So the next morning (Thursday) I took the second one and it came up positive instantly. I had some more discharge this time, dark brown/red. I called my doc and he told me to come in right away. He told me I have to be on bed rest and if I experience cramps or more spotting/bleeding to go to the ER. When I returned back to work I wee'ed and wiped bright red this time, so I asked my husband to drive me to the ER. The ER did confirm my pregnancy, which was short lived because they characterized me as "high risk" and was asked to do an U/S the following morning. The U/S technician said she saw my lining is thickening, but there was no gestational sac. I went back to the ER for my results and they said my HCG is at 503 - I'm 3 weeks and 4 days, and I'm either having a miscarriage, already had one or ectopic pregnancy.

This is where I get confused, I haven't soiled a pad, my cramping from a scale of 1-10 was probably a 3-4. And, I only experienced the bright red once . I'm so sad and scared, they asked me to do a blood test to determine my blood type incase I needed a haemoglobin shot, thankfully I didn't need it. I've read of many women experiencing what I'm experiencing and having healthy pregnancies, but I asked her "so if theres no gestational sac, it means I've miscarried?", and she said "there should be one there", but I've read of women not having one until 5-7 weeks. Please someone help me.

Thank you.

I don't think you can see anything on an u/s til your hcg hits over a 1,000.

That's what I've read too, is 503 low for being 3w5d's? I've never had so much anxiety and they nurse was like "well its early so if it's gone it won't be bad", that really upset me, you could tell she was a person that doesn't have any children.

I have a history of ectopics. 3 weeks is WAY to early for them to make this call. Are they planning on doing a second beta to see if your numbers are doubling? That will tell you without seeing a sac whether you are miscarrying or have an ectopic.

Yes i have to go in tomorrow, but if they do double what does that mean? it won't eliminate an ectopic right? I just read a lady that doubled but she still had an ectopic. My mother bled for two months with my brother, my adoptive sister mom bled for 4 months and even the ultrasound lady bled for her full term, but they're making me feel like I'm broken, and theres no hope for my baby. How will they know if it's an ectopic or not?

THANK YOU EVERYONE, you have no idea how your helping me.

i was in my 4th week of pregnancy and they couldnt confirm a sac yet. it was just too early. im not sure when they know if its ectopic. i think if your hcg levels are still high but they dont see a sac around the 5 or 6 week mark, they think its ectopic. thats just what ive read on here or heard (so correct me if im wrong B&B ladies). i hope everything works out for you!!! keep us updated!

I'm sorry about how you were treated, that's bs. The lady clearly needs to work in a different field besides an ob office, Just try to stay positive until you find out. Everything could be perfect hope everything goes well.

I just phoned my mother in Europe, and she said she had the exact same thing with me. I have a new found respect for women going through anything like this. This has definitely scarred me for the future. This will be our 6th month trying. My fingers are so crossed they're about to break.

They can't diagnose you with an ectopic until they see a sac outside the uterus and that wont be until at the very earliest 6 weeks. Hcg can still double with ectopics but it's a lot less common. With mine they I was 6-7 weeks and my hcg was only in the 300's. 500 is actually in the high end for where you are. Take a look at Beta Base It might help reassure you.

The important trying to remember is to try and stay calm, I know how impossible that seems.

Hun with my ectopic I bleed like af the entire time and doubled over in pain it was really early but really painful, at less than 4 weeks they can't see anything your hcg has to be over 1200 and even then they might not see it some women do bleed I had spotting at 6 weeks and two days go I had bleeding,cramping,and clots life my regular af had a scan and baby is still there little heart beating away so keep you head up hun will be praying for you and your little bean :hugs:

Just to add they never saw the ectopic on u/s my hcg was going crazy it would rise then fall a little my dr didn't want to risk it and luckily saved my only tube she said it was only a ball of cells so it was really early I might of been 3 or 4 weeks I had irregular af so were unable to date it

Try not to worry, 3 weeks is way too early to see anything at all. I had a scan at 5+3 and could barely even see a sac, so it's just a waiting game unfortunately. I had a further scan at 7wks and could still hardy see anything other than a tiny blob, the first time I could even sort of make out a baby was 9wks.

Good luck.

Way too early to see anything. Seeing a thickening is a very good sign. And an hcg level of 503 at 3w5d is like...amazing!! It means you implanted early (and you could very well have more than one in there:winkwink:) And clearly that nurse never had a miscarriage, or she'd never say something like that:growlmad:

that is a really good level at 3w. I was in my 4th week and my levels were in the 50s!!

The nurse practitioner at the ER was very quick with me, I'm so happy I remembered to even ask her what my HCG was because all she wanted to do was send me home. She even turned to my husband and said "Don't worry, this is very common with first pregnancies!", and at that moment it was as if she kicked me in the gut. I will let you all know what happens tomorrow, my friend is a general practitioner and he said to demand another U/S until they can clear my tubes. I'm just in shock with all the evidence they have, especially leaning towards a healthy pregnancy they'd automatically assume the worst, I always thought they were there to comfort us, and keep us calm and relaxed. Inside I'm waiting to have "gushing blood", as the nurse told me I might experience!!

The nurse practitioner at the ER was very quick with me, I'm so happy I remembered to even ask her what my HCG was because all she wanted to do was send me home. She even turned to my husband and said "Don't worry, this is very common with first pregnancies!", and at that moment it was as if she kicked me in the gut. I will let you all know what happens tomorrow, my friend is a general practitioner and he said to demand another U/S until they can clear my tubes. I'm just in shock with all the evidence they have, especially leaning towards a healthy pregnancy they'd automatically assume the worst, I always thought they were there to comfort us, and keep us calm and relaxed. Inside I'm waiting to have "gushing blood", as the nurse told me I might experience!!

How horrible for her to say that to you, praying you get better news tomorrow hun I hope you get better treatment where you go :hugs:

I had lots of heavy spotting when I was pregnant with my daughter. She's five now. The nurse doesn't know what she is talking about :wacko: an ultrasound can't even detect anything at that stage anyway, just try to stay positive and time will tell :hugs:

Hey guys I have an update!! The HCG skyrocketed and it's
above 2000. I'm going in again tomorrow for a second ultra
sound, she said 2000+ we should finally be able to see something.
I asked her about ectopic pregnancy (older more mature doctor)
and she told me not to worry, the test should give us our answer
but it's more likely everything is fine. She said the HCG
Wouldn't go up so high if it were. Ill let you know what happens tomorrow.
Hopefully were clear. FX'ed

Sounds like you may be having twins since your hcg had quadrupled since yesterday! :hugs:

With my current pregnancy I found out right before I even hit 3 weeks, my hCG levels were 170. The ER doctor told me I had miscarried because they were so low and it showed that I would be 1-2 weeks pregnant- almost impossible to even get a positive that early. Went back 2 days later and they doubled! I was so excited! Here I am just passing 10 weeks! I knew I was very early though. Oh and we couldn't see a sac, baby or HB until 7 weeks :)

Are they making you go back to check your levels? They won't be able to see a baby for awhile if you are that early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->