30+3 weeks and only gained 12lbs.. Is this ok any other woman out there gained little

kas22

Reaction score
As the title says really ladies, I see a lot of threads on here about weight gain and woman feeling like its too much or what have you is 12lbs to little? It's my first baby and I was 114 pounds pre preg so I was small so maybe that's why?

Thanks xx

I'm pretty much the same, gained 13lb in total at the moment. I was 116 pre pregnancy. My midwife isn't concerned, my bump is measuring fine and I have growth scans every 4 weeks and baby is right on track. My last pregnancy I was almost 20lb under my pre pregnancy weight on day of delivery after being very ill with hyperemesis. As long as your dr/ob/midwife isn't concerned, then you don't need to be. I'm not sure how much pre pregnancy weight has to do with it really. I've had tiny friends that have got massive bumps and are very uncomfortable, and slightly bigger friends that haven't gained much/lost weight. x

I'm 38 weeks and have gained 10lbs but the doc said its fine, baby is measuring perfectly and heartbeat is fine as well.

I have only gained 12lb but my BMI was 31 pre-pregnancy so not too worried.

I have only gained a bit and I dont want to gain any more as I am obese anyway. The baby only weighs a pound for me now.

Thanks for replies ladies made me feel better maybe were just the lucky ones as people say xx

I'm almost 34 weeks and I've only put on 5 pounds so far. I was very slim pre-pregnancy. Baby girl is growing perfectly so I'm very pleased about my minimal weight gain. Once I give birth I'll be below my pre-pregnancy weight of 120 pounds.

I'm actually under my pre pregnancy weight by about 6 or 8 lbs, as long as your midwife/doc not concerned I wouldn't be either.

People I know have told me that it shouldn't be right but baby's growing just fine and a had a fair few excess lbs to lose before hand anyway so all being well when baby arrives I will be equal or less than my pregnancy weight which is only a good thing for me!!

I'm not as far along as you, only 27+6 but I've only gained about 7lbs so far. And that's after losing 5lbs so altogether I'm only 2lbs over my pre pregnancy weight. So long as baby is growing fine then you don't need to worry :) x

dont worry looks like were all in the same boat.. im 32 weeks on mon and have gained about 9lb so far. WIth my first i gained 1st and weighed less after i had him than befo but he was a small, 4.10lb and this ones not going to be big so u may just have a small baby

xx

Im 39 weeks and have gained exactly 20 lbs, starting with a normal bmi and I'm 5-9. My Dr is very old school and doesn't encourage weight gain how some do, but he does check to see if I'm still exercising! 15-20 lbs used to be he norm for gain, as long as you eat healthy and baby is growing, be happy you want have all that weight to lose!

I gained 14 pounds in total and DD was born at 38 1/2 weeks. I was 95 lbs pre-pregnancy (and back to it) and my OB wasn't concern as DD was growing normally. She was a small baby though (6lbs). As long as your baby is growing, there's nothing to worry about, you'll just have an easier time to lose your pregnancy weight :winkwink:

Gained only 12lbs and my doctor said it was nothing to worry about.

Nothing to worry about, I'm almost 39 weeks and only gained 18.

I'm 30+2 and have only gained 14 pounds so far. I wasn't big before either. I lost 20 pounds to reach a healthy weight before I got pregnant and I feel awesome. Our OB says that there is no problem with my weight as I have the proper amount of fluid and the baby gains weight every time we go in. As long as your baby is growing it is nothing to worry about :)

Sounds fine! I gained a stone all together, baby was born 2 weeks early 7lb 5oz and I am pretty much back to my pre preg weight now. :flower:

I'm 34 weeks and have gained 14lbs. My bump is HUGEEEEEE but haven't put weight on anywhere else. I think it will be a big baby, I had morning sickness where I vomited all night til 15 weeks, and now have a pretty poor gag reflex where the slightest thing makes me puke! So I can't eat an awful lot! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->