30 something and TTC #1 for a year

Agreed! He's divine - look at those big eyes!

As for another baby - we haven't even discussed it yet. Between the cost and uncertainty of ivf plus the higher chance of another (and possibly even earlier) preterm baby the prospect is very daunting. But, I also really don't like the idea of Fia being an only child so we'll see...

We'll TTC #2 in a year I think ...

Any updates from ladies still TTC #1??? :dust:

x

Can I join ? I just turned 30 few weeks back. We are NTNP since January, TTC last cycle but no luck at that BFP. Today AF showed up. I am kind of depressed. We are trying for baby # 1.

Hi fairyy welcome to the thread. It had been a little quiet lately but there has been a few success stories lately. Sorry that AF showed up. Will you be TTC every month from now on?

Broody, I didn't realise there was a greater chance of another pre term labour .. Is there anything the FS can do about this?

It must be strange me even asking about a 2nd baby!! The reason I have been thinking about it is that I'm turning 36 soon so I will have my age as a factor now

Hi Fairyy - :hi: Welcome!! Sending you lots of :dust: for this cycle!!!

Aleja - yeah, the risk of preterm baby is higher if you've already had one. Not that the preterm labour itself increases the risk but if you've already had an early baby then chances are whatever caused the first early birth might also cause a second early birth... Does that make sense or am I talking in circles?!! It would be nothing to do with the FS but I presume that if I was pg again I would be considered high risk and monitored very closely by the hospital.

Hi broody yes that makes perfect sense and I can see why it would be very stressful. For now I hope you are enjoying your girl-- what is she like?

Marlon is gorgeous!

Welcome fairy! What's the ttc plan for you?

In terms of ttc number 2... Not sure. We tried for around 24 cycles naturally with no luck so part of me wants to start trying sooner rather than later, but then the other side tells me to just enjoy my baby now and not stress about ttc so soon. I reckon I will prob start trying when max is a year old (next June).

Thank you. We are just NTNP now. We might try actively from January 2014. :)

Hi mk, my FS said the same thing. Love and enjoy the baby for 12 months then consider TTc again

Jesus christ - what has been happening on here? I come back and Mk8 has a baby? Others got pregnant? I've been a bad forum friend =(. Let's start it up again!

I can't believe the years have flown by. Wow- over 2 years for many of us. In the end, it seems many have their take home babies. What a wonderful thing. I do hope those who are still TTC and reading this thread can be hopeful in their moments of despair. I've had so many of those moments and it got worse by the day, treatment after treatment over an unexplained case. All I kept thinking was either WTF or we seriously cannot be unexplained if we kept failing.

AFM...........Well, you all know my journey from the start and it was tough. My update is in my signature. It did not get easier and we did end up doing IVF after those failed IUI's - although the fresh cycle failed too (I often thought of Aleja through this). We then did a frozen cycle and I am now 4 months PREGNANT!!!! YAY!

But as you mommies all know, the journey does not end at the BFP that we all wanted to acheive so much. That joy was short lived before other worries with even more at stake kicks in. Every day that passes is an acheivement for me, from early spotting, to each and every nervous filled ultrasound and testing, it never ever ends. I never even felt comfortable to share the news to try not to jinx myself. You try to absorb all those emotions, anxiety, and stress and then it gets hard to share - I still am scared everyday since it took so much to get here, it seems so fragile. You become a toilet paper checker at each wee, a cramp analyzer, a time keeper counting weeks - basically, an obsessed, crazy mom! I guess it starts here and never ends.

I will never forget infertility, what I had to go through, how it made me feel, and so you find yourself still going into the infertility forums more than the normal pregnancy ones. I guess I still am considered infertile since we didn't get pregnant on our own and ART never really finds you an answer for unexplained couples - it just gives you an outcome. Infertility has made me crazy about this pregnancy tbh! But it has taught me a lifetime of lessons to hopefully be a good mom, a patient, imperfect and brave mom, a mom who will never have all of the answers anymore and all of the control in things we can't control - Because that's what I had to be and what I experienced for over 2 years of my life.

I read a qoute somewhere random that I love so much about having children:

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

How true is that?! Cheers to all my friends here.

And you will be too, Fairry! I've learned that this whole process is a timing game. When it's your time, it's your time.

Congratulations Truly, it's so hard to relax when you've had so much difficulty in getting to that point. I know I won't relax until this little man is happy and healthy in my arms.

Huge congrats truly! Are you the last one of the old girls now?

We'll be doing same prob TTC from when penny is 1 or 18 months not sure just yet. Thought I was preggo earlier this week, AF was about 4 days late, was going to by a test but then spotting started. I was relieved I wasn't but at the same time a bit disappointed, weird eh?! Seems funny to NOT want to be pregnant! We're not using any protection, good old withdrawal method which I know isn't safe & we are prepared for an unplanned baby, but hardly likely after 22 months of TTC!

Sorry to hear of higher chance of pre term broody but I'm sure they'd keep closer eye on you!

I'm an auntie for the first time! My brother in laws partner gave birth to a little girl yesterday, 8lb 8 ouch (& she's only a small woman)

x

Truly!!!! Huge congratulations!!!! I'm thrilled for you! Loved your post - so well written!! :hugs: When are you due? Lots of great news on here these days! :dance:

Fairy - Truly is right, ttc really is a timing game.... I look at my dd now and think that if I had got pg at the start of ttc I wouldn't have her. I know I would have another baby that I would love just as much but the thought of her not existing is unthinkable. Makes all those months of ttc worth it. I know it's easy to think like this now that I've come out the other side but so will you and all of this will seem like a lifetime ago. :dust:

MrsP - eek!! I know exactly what you mean. I don't want to be pg right now but I can't help but think how much money a surprise bfp would save us! :haha: Congrats on being an auntie! A new cousin for Penney :D Do they live close by?

Cupcake - you're nearly there! How are you feeling? I bet you can't wait to meet your little man and get to know him! Looking forward to hearing about him so keep us posted!!

Truly!!!!!!!! Huge congratulations. I loved your post and it echoes the thoughts of many of us here i am sure.

I agree that you never stop worrying now. I worried during ttc, i worried about the spotting when i got my bfp, i worried about miscarrying when they thought i may have lost a twin, i worried at the scans, i worried when i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes (for the bubba), i worried when i gave birth, i worried when i noticed my son had blood in his poop and took him to a&e, im still worrying now as its still a bit if a problem, i worry when he has a fever... Oh the list is endless! But i am forever grateful and truly see my baby boy as a huge blessing. Hes the best thing that ever happened to me. If i could tell the 2011 version of myself something it would be to chill, enjoy couple only time, be patient and have fun. In reality, telling yourself not to stress hardly works. But i try to tell myself now to relax!

Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy my dear!

Hope youre all well ladies.

Xx

Truly ! Congratulations !! I understand everything you posted.

It is true. The worrying doesn't go away. I was fortunate to have a relatively problem free pregnancy - and still I worried.

Baby G is here !! Andrew. He's a little over 2 weeks old. He's wonderful - mr g and I couldn't be happier. I had a "regular" delivery with epidural. I wouldn't have made it without it ! Induced and labored about 17 hours.

I do miss sleep ! But I'll get back there ! It's all worth it. :)

I have been wondering about ttc 2. I would hate to wait and then have a hard time again. I would prefer if baby g had a sibling. But I was looking at having no children so 1 child is a dream.

Congrats Mrs. G on the baby!

I'd like to stick around to help any others that are still TTC. But I'm also going to start needing some advice from the Mommies that had their babies. There are so many things I worry about and would love your advices!

Should we start another thread about the newborns when appropriate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->