30 something and TTC #1 for a year

Thanks, she was weighed on thurs & was 13lb 14 & on 25th centile now x

Girls I'm still here -- I will put up photo and update tomorrow as ill have to jump onto the laptop to do it x

Hi Ladies, I'm back!

Are we still talking about infertility? Some ladies haven't posted in a while and I'm wondering how everyone is doing?

Hi Truly,
Good to hear from you! How are things with you? Yeah, the thread's been pretty quiet lately. Hope all is ok with everyone. Also, hope we haven't hijacked the thread too much with recent baby posts? :hugs: to all!

I know I feel the same as broody Truly, hope we havent hijacked, just seems us mums are the only ones updating at present! Hope everyone is ok x

Hi everyone hope all is well? Sad the thread has gone stale :cry: Now I don't know if I've got serious baby brain or did I miss MK announcing she was preggo????? I've just checked put her profile as been a LONG time since she posted & apparently she has a 12 week on baby boy?! It ain't been 9 months never mind 13/14 months since she last posted so either I missed it or she's been keeping it quiet! :shock: MK if you're reading this then congrats & tell us all about it! x

x

Hi ladies! Omg I didnt realise that you ladies were posting until today. I got a pm from getting broody so wanted to come on to update u but I think I must have cancelled the subscription to this thread as It wasn't on my subscriptions list. No wonder I haven't been getting updates! Managed to find this thread via looking at whwre broody has posted. So sorry for disappearing on you all.

Quick one as heading out but wanted to post asap.

I'm a mummy thanks to iui! Pregnancy was tough. I thought I was going to lose this bubba and we think I was pregnant with twins and lost one. Didnt want to post about it as I was just too upset at the time and didnt want to put a downer on you girls. I also had bleeds during the pregnancy and got gestational diabetes. Thankfully bubs was born healthy but he's currently got some tummy issues at the moment.

I haven't read through the messages I've missed yet but will do when I get home. Big hug to you all! Xxx

Aw, great to hear from you mk8!!!! What fantastic news! So sorry to hear you had a rough pregnancy and really sorry to hear about the other baba :hugs: Delighted your son is here safely though! Am so thrilled for you! :dance: I went cyberstalking after MrsPs post earlier and read your recent posts - hope ye get to the bottom of your little boys tummy troubles. Fia had an upset tummy in July and was cow milk protein intolerant for weeks after. I went off all dairy and it really helped her but it was so hard!! Been reintroducing it for the past few weeks and so far she's had no reoccurance so fx'd! Can't wait to hear all about your little man when you have time to post! xx

Everyone else - :hi: Any news?!!! :friends:

Wait a minute --- what ?? I'm confused haha !! I check on here often for the ttc gals (mk)! How did you already have the baby ??? Congratulations !!!!!!! That's amazing.

How are you other ladies doing ? I'm 36 w 4 d.

Hi ladies

Back home and read through all the posts. I feel like I've missed heaps. Gutted I didn't get the updates. I just assumed the thread had stopped going and I didnt post much for a period of time either.

First of all, Fia and penny are gorgeous!!!!!!! I need to get on a laptop and upload a pic of my baby boy. My laptop busted so haven't been able to transfer the gazillion pics yet. Once I do, I will share on here if people are ok with that.

Broody- how old is Fia now? Interesting to hear she also had a dairy intolerance. What made u diagnose that and when did u start reintroducing cows milk? How are you enjoying mummyhood?

Mrs g- how's your pregnancy going? Not long at all now! What's ur birth plan?

Aleja- congrats on the birth of your baby boy. So great to hear u had a smooth pregnancy!

Mrs p- as mentioned, penny is a little heartbreaker! Good to hear her colic is now under control. How old is she now? Had she settled into a routine?

Cupcake- Hi again. Great to get a pm from you also. How's it all going preparing for the new arrival?

Truly- hello! How's everything with you?

Hmm... Would it be helpful if we all gave a mini bio of ourselves again? To recap where we all are 2-3 yrs on? Gosh... 2-3 years!

Ok I will start. Well after ttc for over 18 months with unexplained infertility, hubby and I decided to see a private consultant last summer. We debated over when to do iui and the decision to go for it was rather last min as we had initially decided to wait a bit longer seeing as the docs couldn't find anything wrong and I felt I was getting way too stressed about ttc. We were so blessed to get preg. I was stunned. I was over the moon. Then just over a week after I got my bfp, I started to bleed. I had to go for several scans and the wait to see if my baby was ok was excruciating. They thought I had twins as I released two eggs and they saw a bleed that resembled a miscarriage. After discovering a healthy baby I side, I bled again. This went on for a while and it was awful tbh. I couldn't talk about it. But bubs was a fighter and stayed put! Then I had another bleed- low placenta. Then I got diabetes. All in all, it was a rather stressful pregnancy。but my gorgeous baby boy was born in June :)

He's now got s suspected food allergy. Tough seeing things affect the little one.

In terms of fertility here's what I got Sucess with. I'm conscious this is a ttc thread do hopefully our stories will be of help to some people. I know your stories inspired me to cont.

After ttc for almost two years, hubby and I went for an array of tests, both on the Nhs and privately, we were classed as unexplained infertility. It was frustrating. We went to a private consultant who recommended we try iui three times then consider alternative ideas if it didnt work. We did double iui (ie two inseminations) and I took gonal f injectables. I didnt feel pregnant and was convinced my period would show but hellooooo bfp.

So good to be "back"! Xxx

Mk8, wow, I can't believe you were pg the exact same time as me and managed to say nothing!!! Although I do totally understand that you didn't want to talk about but I think I'd have burst! Fia is now 6 months actual and 3 months corrected. We have a lot of follow up appointments in the hospital for things like eyesight, occupational therapy, physical therapy, general development but that's completely routine and she is doing really well! They've said they'll probably want to keep checking up on her progress until she's about a year and a half. :thumbup:

Re dairy intolerance - someone mentioned to me (or maybe I read it somewhere :shrug:) that gastro can cause temporary intolerance so I just thought I'd try cutting out dairy and it definitely helped but it still took weeks for her to get back to normal. Prior to the gastro she was only having 1 dirty nappy every 5-7 days (she's exclusively bf so that's very normal), then she suddenly started having 2-3 every feed!! They started to get (sorry tmi!) very watery, greeny/blackish, smelly, mucousy (so glamorous!!). Stayed off dairy for a week and she improved so I went back on it and she got worse again. Sent away a stool sample and it came back clear so no virus etc Went back off dairy again and she started slowly improving. After about 5 weeks she was back to one dirty nappy every 3-4 days so I decided to try reintroducing dairy since it didn't cause any problems for the first 4 months and so far so good!! Being off dairy was so hard at the start, especially when I was cooking, but I just got used to it I suppose! I was able to find good alternatives for almost everything except cheese... Fia didn't have a problem with soya but lots of babies with cmpi do so that might be one to watch too.

MrsG - not long to go! How are you feeling?! Are you ready for baby to be here?!

Ok, now for my ttc update! After a year ttc we were referred to fertility clinic. Discovered male factor infertility (low counts on everything). Recommended going straight to ivf with icsi as that would give us our best chance. Took another 6 months or so to get started due to further testing, waiting for apts etc. During the summer of 2012 I went for weekly acupuncture to get my system as ready as possible for ivf. Acupuncturist also prescribed herbs for myself and dh to take. I took them until I started ivf meds, dh took them until the day of ivf. Had egg retrieval at the start of Sept, retrieved 8 eggs, 3 fertilised and they transferred 2 back after 3 days (1 was very good quality; the other hadn't grown in the hours before transfer but they decided they had nothing to lose by putting it back...) Had acupuncture before and after transfer. BFP 9 days later. Spotting at 5 weeks, 6 week scan showed healthy bean. Easy pregnancy (aside from early nausea and tiredness) but from 20 weeks on had occasional brown spotting, never heavy enough to be called a bleed but they kept me in hospital on two occasions as a precaution but could find no reason for the spotting and said that all looked fine. Went into spontaneous labour at 27+6 days and despite meds to try and stop contractions Fia was born at exactly 28 weeks. After 10 (exhausting!) weeks in the Neo she finally came home and here we are...!!

Hi Broody. So happy to hear that Fia is doing so well and it's fantastic that the hospital is providing her with the best care. :)

Oh I soooo wanted to say something when I was pregnant. Whenever I felt positive and like I wanted to say something, something "bad" would happen and I just kind of retreated into myself. Looking back it was rather silly and I wish I could have just relaxed and enjoyed the pregnancy without stressing. But there was always something that the docs were concerned about. Just sooooo happy that my little bubs is here. Staring at him now in fact and my heart just melts. It seems like the TTC worrying was such a long time ago now.

Interesting to hear about the symptoms of Fia's dairy intolerance- sounds exactly like mine but there was also a little blood.

How is everybody else doing?

Welcome back MK! I was thinking I must have missed your BFP announcement or something! I clicked onto page 1 of the thread instead of last page by accident & thought MK not been on for so long so I did some stalking & couldn't believe what I was reading! So how big was your LO, what's his name? Did you know you were having a boy? Penny doesn't seem to have any colic now, she's been off the colief ages but is on comfort milk & don't want to risk upsetting her by trying to go backup normal milk so just leaving it. She was 6 months yesterday but you'd think older! She looks little but she is so strong on her feet, today I decided to place her against her playpen & she stood completely by herself clutching the bars!! I'll post a pic. Then tonight she sat up unsupported without her hands on the floor for the first time! We're going to practice sitting tomorrow as it was right before bed. She's adorable, but I am finding motherhood a bit hard work! Didn't realise it'd be so hard getting housework done or any time to yourself is impossible! Totally worth it though :)

MrsG not long at all to go, how are you feeling?

Great news Fia doing well broody!

How's everyone else?

My recap, TTC 10 months, dr happy for hubs to have SA, results fine, ref to FS dr dick (rude & condescending lol!) had bloods, no ovulation, HSG clear, started clomid 50mg after TTC about 13 months, 1st round clomid follicle tracking showed ovulation so to continue. 6 rounds later no BFP so back to dr dick to discuss IUI. 1 cycle clomid free in meantime. Agreed to hold off on IUI & try another 6 rounds clomid. Follicle tracking again on 2nd clomid cycle since break as I was on holiday during round 1 & looked like I might not of ovulated, they couldn't be sure, & that month (22nd cycle ttc) ended up getting BFP! think relaxing helped, wasn't too stressful a month. Will defo be taking stress free approach h next time, but saying that I am tracking my cycles so can see what's what after childbirth... Penny born 15/3 after a relatively easy pregnancy & labour, 2 days late weighing 6lb5 :cloud9:

x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2
Oh she's gorgeous mrs p!

My little one was born 6lbs 10 and we named him max. We didnt find out the sex. It would have been fabulous either way. :)

Thanks ladies, think we might have an early walker on our hands if she's anything like daddy! Love the name max MK! We need pics! Was he born on time? Early? Late? x

Hey girls!!!
OMG I almost had a heart attack reading that Mk you are a mummy !! I am so so happy for you !!! You really kept it secret none of us suspected. What a shame your pregnancy was stressful but I am so glad little Max is a healthy boy. How old is he ???

I am happy the thread is active again.. I logged on today to see and was pleased to hear everyone is doing well..

MrsG and Cupcake when are your due dates?

MrsP penny is real doll and standing up already!!!
MrsBroody I am glad to hear Fia's diary intolerance is getting better.

Truly, where are you up to ?

Well my boy Marlon is now 8 weeks old and keeping me very busy. He loves feeding a lot !!! He was born small but is catching up to other babies his age now.. It is hard work but I have never been happier. Every day he does something new.

My TTC story: tried naturally for 9 months , used herbs for a while before seeing FS. Tests me normal DH very low sperm count - ICSI the only option.
Had ICSI cycle in April 2012, collected 16 eggs 15 fertilised 5 blasts , 1 blast transferred but cycle failed.
Then had another 3 natural frozen embryo cycles with Clomid as my ovulation not great. BFP on 3rd attempt. We don't have any embryos left so will have to start again if we want another baby.

Easy pregnancy no morning sickness but bad back pain.

Sooooo for the mummys any plans for a second baby???
We will go back to FS after Marlon turns 1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back