30 something and TTC #1 for a year

Hi girls I too am glad the thread is back

MrsP Oh Penny is so cute!!!! She looks like a sweetie.
I agree with you on the bright things.. My mum keeps saying this to me ( she used to be an early childhood teacher) that bright mobiles great for promoting curiosity and stimulation.
Oh well you gave breast feeding a go and that's all you can do . It's wonderful you have a solution for her colic that is the main thing.

Cupcake I can't believe you are half way!! Will you find out the gender ?? And can you feel bubs moving yet? It's great to hear your tiredness is over for now- it will return within a few weeks though!! Lol

MrsG you have had a few major milestones happen recently I am glad you are going well with it! Did you find out if you have a boy or girl in there ??

My Mum bought some very neutral toys and a baby gym for one of my nephews and my sister said it was no good so I'm already looking out for stimulating looking stuff.

Not feeling baby yet which makes me feel really disappointed and worried but get to check on ba y tomorrow so hope he's ok. We already know what baby is because of the Harmony blood test I had for downs, but looking forward to tomorrow's confirmation.

Penny's such a cutie and looks happy on her play mat.

Thanks girls! She is lush but I'm biased ha ha. Cupcake are you from the uk? The fisher price rainforest gym looks fab, think its got lights too, wish I'd got that in hindsight... The bright bouncer we have is a bright starts one, dirt cheap & it was in the asda baby event & she loves it. Aleja they also love black & white, mamas & papas & sainsburys both do black & white books which she even seemed to like as a tiny newborn! Ooh so cupcake it looks like you've got a little boy! :blue: :D

x

Yes boy here. :) i didn't really start feeling baby often until last week (23 w). I also was nervous. Apparently placenta cushioning blows.

From 20 week scan I can tell you baby is all ok and definitely a boy! Amazing scan, thoroughly explained by the sonographer which was great as I find it really interesting, being a biology teacher.

Hi ladies, well it's boys for this next batch of bubs😀

Cupcake so glad your scan went well. It is amazing to see how much they have grown within a few weeks.
Biology teacher huh? That would be so interesting .. Do your students know you are preggers yet?

MrsP thanks for the baby toy suggestions - only today my friend gave me a black n white caterpillar so she must have know this too.
Believe me I am sure we will be asking for many more helpful hints😉

Wow MrsG, 3rd tri already, I can't believe it! How are you doing?

Aleja - I see on your ticker that you're nearly 38 weeks!! So exciting!

Everyone else - :hi: Any news?!

Fia is full of smiles these days :D

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/48a6be7e000c879ce67b4a64d1237c4a_zps2100a15c.jpg

Aww broody how cute is Fia! How's she doing health & weight wise?
MrsG so exciting, not long now!

x

Fia is a doll!!!! She is gorgeous!!!

Well I'm supposed to be 39wks but our little man had other plans. Baby Marlon was born on 22nd July at 37+4weeks (he wanted to upstage the royal baby!)
I went into labour after my waters broke earlier than expected. He weighed 2.7kg so he is a petite little thing. We are now home and getting used to our new life of baby feeds, washing like mad and sleep deprivation but all with it to wake up with his little face in end bassinet next to mine.

Broody and MrsP did you breast feed? I do breast feed + formula top up as I do not produce enough milk.

Cupcake and MrsG how are the bumps going???

Oh Aleja fantastic, welcome to the world baby Marlon. All that lack of sleep etc will be worth it I'm sure.

Bumps progressing nicely, starting to get more uncomfortable. Just enjoying my summer school holiday which is amazing, 6 weeks with my feet up, not sure how I'll manage 7 weeks back at work in September. Getting our nursery sorted at the moment, hubby is paranoid baby will be early and wants to be ready.

Everything else is good with me.

How's everyone else and the babies?

Congratulations aleja! Wonderful news ! Tell us more!!

Me: almost 31 w.

How is everyone ???? Ttc ladies ?

Congrats Aleja! Welcome to the world baby Marlon!! :happydance: how was labour? Yes I exclusively breast fed for 8 weeks, then combined til penny was 11 weeks. BF is hard work, I don't think I produced a lot either, I couldn't express very much which made it so tying. I only stopped bf as it was giving penny colic, it was the right thing to do & made us both so much happier.

We're both doing great thanks cupcake, penny coming on a treat, rolling now & think we're starting weaning in a few weeks

x

^^wss!!!^^ Congratulations Aleja!!! :dance: Can't wait to see a photo of him!!! How are you getting on? Enjoying getting to know eachother?! Yeah, I'm bf'ing too, it's working well for us. When she left hospital Fia was on a very clear 3 hour feeding routine but a few weeks ago it was really hot here and Fia also had a bit of an upset stomach so she started nursing more regularly and she never really went back to the old routine. Sometimes she leaves 3hours between feeds, other times it's only two or one!! She does a lot of cluster feeding too. It can be tiring at times but most of the time I try to just put my feet up and enjoy the excuse to do nothing! (other than feed the baby of course!!! :D) She's good at night though. Goes to bed between 10 and 11 and then only one feed at about 3 or 4. This weekend she's slept straight through to 6ish twice so hopefully we'll be seeing more of that!!!!

MrsP - that's great that Penny is doing so well! :thumbup: Fia had her first hospital follow-up last week and they were very pleased with her, no health concerns. She is about 9 and half lbs now so still a dainty girl (although we think she's huge!) Dr said to keep an eye on her weight but I was similar as a baby so not really concerned. She's so chatty and interactive these days - she's great fun!!z

MrsG - you're getting closer!! How are you doing?

Cupcake - you're nearly into 3rd Tri!! :D Enjoy the summer break!

Mk8, Truly, Brassy - any news with ye?

Ha broody yes I used to like that putting your feet up & feeding though it was frustrating when you couldn't get anything done! Penny bottle feeds every 3hours & sleeps through from 7.45ish to somewhere between 7&8am, only gets us up for her dummy which is great, but I think STTN is easier for bottle fed babies. Fia sounds like she's doing great! I think that weights pretty good considering she was prem! :thumbup:

Wonder how MK is getting on, she's not been on for so long :(

x

Oh & penny was 13lb 1.5 ozs 2 weeks ago, she was pretty small at first but boy she's catching up, nearly up to 25th centile for weight, was on 0.4th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->