30-Something Moms!

KatieMK

Reaction score
This group is to keep up with the 30-somethings as we embark on our journey of motherhood and beyond!

Katie- I'm really hoping you get your bfp soon!!

We all need to be prego together!! Crystl and turtle that means you too!! Fx soon for you all!!

Now that I have a minute to properly respond, I wanted to say thanks everyone for all of the support in regards to my appointment. I am feeling much better now and am actually looking forward to meeting the doctor and seeing what she has to say. I think I was just a little overwhelmed originally realizing that I might actually have answers/help soon which could lead to finally getting pregnant soon (which excites and terrifies me all at the same time). You ladies are WONDERFUL!

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join? I was on the original 32 & TTC #1 thread back in the summer but I had to take some time off of trying to conceive and never returned to thread. I still follow your posts and love seeing the support you provide each other and I would like to join your new thread if you're accepting new members.

A little about me - I'm 33 & was TTC #1 for 8 months before I was referred to a fertility doctor. My doctor wanted me to get vaccinated for chicken pox and rubella before I started fertility treatments, so I had to take 2 months off from TTC. I was very fortunate to get pregnant my first month back to trying on 50 mg of clomid and am expecting my first little one on July 6th. :)

HELLO FRIENDS!

So, this group is NOT closed. I spent some time digging around about how to make closed groups, and you can't. You just put "CLOSED" in the title of the thread, and hope no one extra posts. Which seems terribly bitchy. (can I use that word?) So I didn't. I say A HEARTY WELCOME to Aunt and Joy! If you've been lurking on the other thread because you enjoy a supportive environment, then you'll fit right in! :hugs:

....I also picked an out of the way board, so I don't think we'll get many people just passing through. You kind of have to be intentional about getting here. Because we're not CLOSED, but we're SELECTIVE. Ladies of high taste and quality. :winkwink:

AFM: I'm off to the Dr. this morning. sigh. I've got some weird rash thing on my back (right under my bra strap which is the WORST PLACE) that my co-worker has decided is Shingles. I'm 33, not 92! I shouldn't have Shingles! I'm a bit concerned about what the treatment would be for such a thing also. DH and I worked REAL HARD of fp this cycle, so they better get ready for me to fight them on certain medicines! :gun: Back off my eggy, people!

Morning, ladies! Cyrstl, I'm so glad that you're feeling better about your appointment now! That's great news! I love that you said the thought of pregnancy both excites and terrifies you at the same time. I feel exactly the same way...we've been trying so hard for it, yet the thought of it actually happening scares the daylights out of me! :haha: I have faith that you're going to get some answers quickly, and have your bfp before you know it! :hugs:

Auntsas, hi and welcome to a wonderful group of ladies! Glad to have you with us! So what's your story? :)

Joy, hi! I do remember you from the other thread! So glad to hear you finally got your bfp, congrats!!! :D How has pregnancy been treating you so far? I love that you're team yellow, I plan to be once I finally get my bfp too! :)

Katie, good luck at the doctor today! I do hope it's not shingles...are they painful, and only on one side of your body? It's really weird shingles always (or almost always? Not sure) sticks to one side of your body or the other. It's like they won't cross the line of your spine. My sister actually had shingles twice! FX that that's not what it is, and that you get some relief soon! :hugs:

Sooooo. It's shingles. AWESOME. Luckily, it doesn't hurt, and the rash part is in a small area. I have to take some anti-viral medication and slather on calamine lotion. :coffee:

ALSO. Other symptoms of shingles include nausea, diarrhea, and frequent urination. Which are ALSO common early pregnancy symptoms. STELLAR. Guess I won't be symptom spotting this TWW! Unless it's sore boobs. I think those are still safe to spot! :haha:

Well hello Joy and Aunt! Welcome!

Ah crappy Katie! DH had shingles two summers ago with a rash on his front, back and side. He found the patches to be painful and he was tired and achey all the time. Hopefully your symptoms are minimal. Sounds like you may have caught it quick, so here's hoping the medication does the trick!

Oh no Katie, shingles! That's usually very painful so I'm glad it's not!! Usually adults get shingles if they never had chicken pox as a kid. It's dirt if the adult version but worse! I hope it clears soon and doesn't hurt your eggy and bfp chances!! GL!!

Hello joy and auntsas! :) congrats on your bfp joy!! Do we get to see an ultrasound pic?? :)

I can't stop looking at my uktrasound picture of baby A. I wish I had one if baby B too but for now it's amazing to just be able to look at baby A whenever I want!! My body seems to be getting this bleh feeling more often but it's not morning sickness. Just run down/tired and bleh! And congested.. T-12 days until my next ultrasound!

Fleur where are you? Have you joined us here yet?? How are you doing? I know you are worried about your symptoms or lack there of, but my sister never noticed any and I mean ANY until her second trimester. So it's not uncommon! If it gives you peace of mind to go for another scan this week, go for it. Or maybe just get your hcg tested to see if there's been a drop? If you don't feel sore boobs anymore and you're worried that means something bad, your hcg will drop and indicate something. If it hasn't dropped , the lack of soreness means nothing!! GL!!

Hello everyone, I’m here too!

Katie, thanks for creating this group thread. Fab idea to hide it away in here. Sorry to hear that it is shingles… Good thing they caught it before it spread. Of course the symptoms had to be the same as pregnancy ones! Let’s hope for sore boobs then.

crystlmcd, I’m glad you’re feeling better about your appointment. It’s normal to be scared… and it never goes away :haha:

auntsas, hi! Have you had your baby already?

JoyofMyLife, I remember you, I think you were around when I first joined the other thread. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Twinsie, aww! I also keep looking at the ultrasound pic..although as I said earlier, it literally looks like a blob!

Replying to the other thread :

Turtle, thanks for the virtual hugs! I’m also hoping I’m one of those lucky ones…

cutie and 2b4us, it does give me hope to read of other women who had on and off symptoms during their healthy pregnancies.

Quick update for everyone, because I don’t want to drag this thread’s mood down. As you can imagine, I’ve been obsessively googling “loss of symptoms” and it seems that it’s normal for symptoms to come and go, or to fade over a few days, it’s just the sudden disappearance overnight which is a worry. This is what happened last time so I can’t help comparing both pregnancies, especially since both times sore boobs is the only symptom I’ve experienced so I can’t even say I’m still having other symptoms. I’m going to see how I feel over the next few days and decide what to do from there. In the meantime, I’m back in denial mode :haha: Thanks so so much for all the encouraging words.

Hi fleur!! Keep us updated! I hope you get peace of kind somehow, whether symptoms start back up or you go get checked out. Hoping baby is healthy and thriving!! Xoxo

Ps. Fleur don't worry about dragging the threads mood down. Life is never always rainbows and butterfly's. Share everything with us, regardless if it's rain or shine! We care no matter what and want to be here for you!

Ps. Fleur don't worry about dragging the threads mood down. Life is never always rainbows and butterfly's. Share everything with us, regardless if it's rain or shine! We care no matter what and want to be here for you!

WSS^^

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Congratulations to all the ladies who recently got their BFPs. :happydance: And best of luck to everyone in the TWW. Fingers crossed that we'll see many more BFPs on this site in the very near future!

Turtle, pregnancy has been good to me so far. I was one of the lucky ones to not have many symptoms and so far things have been pretty smooth. I was so excited to be team yellow but unfortunately the ultrasound tech slipped and accidently told me the gender at my 20 week scan. I was so upset but the hubby and I have tried to make the best of it & we haven't told anyone and are trying to pretend like we still don't know. :winkwink:

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your shingles. It sounds like you caught it early though so hopefully it goes away quickly with treatment.

Fleur, I was in a similar situationin the beginning of my pregnancy. My only symptom was sore boobs and then it went away at 9 weeks. I was terrified that something was wrong because I didn't feel pregnant at all, but the baby has looked great at ever ultrasound so far. Even now at 24 weeks my only reassurance that things are ok is my growing belly and feeling baby move, but I still worry from time to time. It is perfectly normal to worry throughout your pregnancy, but I hope it helps to know that there are many women who have very easy pregnancies with no symptoms and go on to have perfect & healthy babies.

Twinsie, here is a pic of my little bubsy at 12 weeks. I have another ultrasound tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a more current picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member