30-Something Moms!

Fleur828815, no movements yet. It does seem like it's flying by. My family is being a little annoying rushing me to decisions. I think they've forgotten the losses or just have moved past it so they don't understand my hesitations to wait or plan for much. I'm very much enjoying pregnancy though but I'm just enjoying the moment and not in a rush for anything. I'm excited to buy cribs and clothes but the only must have for me is a healthy baby in my arms.

Aww, I think people don't really understand unless they've been through it. I don't see what the rush is anyway, you've still got loads of time to prepare for the baby's arrival. Don't let them pressure you, as long as you're happy and baby is growing well, the rest can wait !

If all goes well I'm going to be like you, excited and maybe choosing what I want to buy, but not making any big purchases straight away. I'm sure I'll crack and buy a few outfits though (not mentioning the huge box of baby clothes I already have!).

I must admit I was a bit surprised when a friend had bought all the big things (crib, etc) by 12 weeks, but she fell pregnant by accident and was blessed to never go through the stress of long-term TTC or miscarriage.

I've had a bit of brownish discharge today, which I know can be perfectly normal. I'll call tomorrow and see what the clinic recommends. Meanwhile, I'll just try not to freak out... :nope:

I had brown discharge for about 4 or 5 days after I got my bfp too. So it's totally normal. I have it again at 8 weeks but it's only brown. I'll get concerned once it turns red or I get bad cramps. Those two things are the only things that you need to worry about. :hugs:

Fleur- I'm so happy to hear you are starting to connect with the baby more and send it positive vibes! We are 8 weeks now!! I think we are both in good shape for having healthy babies! :)

Afm: I had one big cry Friday night when I got home from work and was alone and could finally let myself let it out. Since then I have felt ok. It def helps that I still have one healthy baby in there to be thankful for.
Thanks for listening ladies :hugs:

2b- I do find it totally unfair that you have to wait so long for an ultrasond!! At that time you will see yoir baby for the first time and be able to find out the gender! That's so unusual. Have you asked around? Maybe other places allow it sooner?? My dr made me wait until 7/8 weeks but that's not uncommon. At least it's still the first trimester. That stinks you have to wait so long !! I'd get a second third fourth opinion!

Haha, fleur. I couldn't bring myself to clean my WHOLE break. I've been doing a little here and there over the weekend. We're having a new bed delivered tomorrow and then I can finish sorting through clothes and cleaning out our old electronics to get rid of things we don't use anymore. We have some things to donate to our local shelter so it's worth all the time and effort in the end.

2b - I hope the spotting is nothing and everything is still progressing well. I agree with he other ladies, it seems like a long time for your doctor to make you wait for a scan.

So happy to hear you're enjoying your pregnancy cutie! :flower:

A good cry is always helpful Twinsie. It's like a fresh start. Glad you're feeling better about things.

The spotting hasn't been much, nothing that requires a napkin. Basically just noticeable after a bm, sorry tmi, but I've had 4-5 today. I think something I ate yesterday isn't agreeing with me. I've been a mess today.

Twinsie, I'm so sorry to hear about baby b. Even though you have another healthy baby to be thankful for, a loss is still a loss and it doesn't make it any easier. I'm glad you were able to let out some of your feelings out and that you're feeling better now. Hugs to you :hugs:

Crystl, congratulations on finishing your term and for getting all As! :happydance: I'm sure it's such a relief to be able to relax and not have to worry about school for the moment. And spring has just started so you still have plenty of time to get your cleaning done.

2b, I had brown spotting too during week 6 on and off for about 4 days. My doctor said it is perfectly normal and is probably just old blood left over from implantation. As everyone else said, it is only concerning when the spotting is red and/or accompanied with cramping.

18 weeks seems like a very long time to wait for a scan. I don't think that's standard for Canada because theres a few ladies on my July mamas thread who had scans at 12 weeks. If you're not comfortable with waiting that long then I would push to get one sooner or go for a private scan. An 18 week wait would drive me nuts!

AFM, my ultrasound went well in Friday. I had to see the high risk doctor because they found a problem with the way the umbelical cord is attached to my placenta at my 20 week scan. The doctor said it's rare but nothing to be too concerned about at this point. I have to go back to him in 6 weeks for a follow up to check on the baby's growth.

My DH wanted to confirm the baby's gender after the technicians slip last month(even though I still wanted to pretend like I didn't know) so we found out on Friday that we are for sure team blue! It actually hurt more than I thought getting confirmation cause I was holding out hope that maybe the tech always refers to the babies as "he" and we still might get our surprise announcement during delivery, but oh well! We still aren't telling anyone though so it will be nice to see everyone else be surprised when the baby's born.

Morning everyone! :howdy:

Twinsie, I'm so sorry about your little bee... rationally, you're so right that the timing is the best that it could be if you were destined to lose him. It's a quiet loss, but a loss nonetheless. Sometimes the quiet ones can be the hardest, especially on you. I'm glad you had a good cry, and I hope you're feeling OK! :hugs:

Cutie, I really hope I journey through pregnancy like you are! 9 months is PLENTY of time to gather all the things a baby will need, and to make all the decisions for his arrival. I love that you have kept a cool head! It's probably SO GOOD for your emotions and your peace of mind. I need to start working on mine now! I like to pretend that I'm calm and collected, but I'm pretty much always like :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: on the inside. I'm guessing that sort of thing leads to shingles outbreaks...

Fleur: baby steps. HA! baby.... steps. get it?? I kill myself. ANYWAYS, I think you should trust yourself to do what's right for you. It will be good practice for when you have to tell your mother in law* that you are going to swaddle the baby your way, and no, you won't be using that particular home remedy for diaper rash thankyouverymuch. Coming attractions! (*Your MIL is a very lovely person, I'm sure. I just picked her for illustrative purposes. :winkwink:)

2b, 18 weeks??? Is your doctor in the business of driving pregnant ladies BANANAS? Do you think they'd move it up at all?

Congrats on finishing up Crystl! Any celebratory plans?

AFM: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super bummed this weekend, and today. the AF was a total surprise, and coincided exactly with when I'd be most likely to implant. I had zero symptoms to warn me. And I was cautiously hopeful for this cycle since I tracked ovulation and we SMEP'd. Add to that the super short LP, which is a concern on top of the disappointment, and it's a recipe for a pretty sad Monday.

I've ordered some Vitex supplements (thanks for the recommendation Twinsie!) and had a long chat with DH about LPs and why I'm worried. Being proactive and having someone to talk to has been helpful. We'll just keep on keepin' on, and see how the cycle goes. I'm not sure if having Shingles might have affected anything, or even the medication the doctor put me on for it. I tend to think not, but this cycle will give us more information. In the meantime, I'll turn to Google to help me try and fix a progesterone deficiency, and try really hard not to convince myself I'm going through early menopause or something!

2b- glad the spotting hasn't been much.

Joy- happy to hear your appt went well!! Hooray! That's so disappointing that the tech ruined your surprise!!! Big bummer! So sorry!!

Katie- glad you ordered the vitex! I probably should've mentioned also that you want to be taking at least 1000mg of it. Some companies sell smaller dose pills but you don't want that. I was taking 1600 (4 pills a day) and felt great and it worked after a month!! You also can start taking it as soon as it arrives in the mail, it doesn't matter when you start in your cycle, and don't stop taking it after O just keep taking it ever day. It takes time to work so stopping will just make it not work. Good luck!!! I hope you see a longer LP next month!!! :)

Ps. When you get your bfp dont stop the vitex right away. It's safe to take for a few weeks after. I am still taking it but weaning off slowly. Since low progesterone was my problem, I didn't wanna risk miscarrying if I stopped taking it and my body didn't produce enough for the baby to grow. Until the placenta is almost done forming and takes over producing progesterone , I keep taking it!

:hugs: Katie, sorry you were so down this weekend...obviously the party didn't cheer you up. How'd the bread turn out btw? You sound prepared though for next go around, and with a little experience under your belt :thumbup:. Hope your week gets better!

That's awesome that you'll still be able to surprise everybody with the baby's gender Joy. A boy... congrats! I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I'm a little more calm today...just a little. I called today, they wouldn't give any medical advice over the phone, so I've got an appointment tomorrow morning. Things are still similar to yesterday. Home sick today again...sneezing galore and oodles of snot. The hospital called back today to say that they forgot to book me in as well for an earlier ultrasound, ha mystery solved! I was told this one is sometime before 12 weeks.

2b, I'm glad you called them and get an earlier scan! We trust the docs but sometimes we have to step in.

Afm: it hasn't been perfect but I'm taking it in stride. I just want to enjoy it all but I deinitley have my moments of worry and absolute mental breakdowns. At the moment im very nervous about my upcoming anatomy scan, but having faith everything will be ok.

:hugs: Katie, sorry you were so down this weekend...obviously the party didn't cheer you up. How'd the bread turn out btw? You sound prepared though for next go around, and with a little experience under your belt :thumbup:. Hope your week gets better!

That's awesome that you'll still be able to surprise everybody with the baby's gender Joy. A boy... congrats! I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I'm a little more calm today...just a little. I called today, they wouldn't give any medical advice over the phone, so I've got an appointment tomorrow morning. Things are still similar to yesterday. Home sick today again...sneezing galore and oodles of snot. The hospital called back today to say that they forgot to book me in as well for an earlier ultrasound, ha mystery solved! I was told this one is sometime before 12 weeks.

Yayyyy you get to have an ultrasond earlier!! That sounds better!:happydance: By the way, sneezing and lots of snot us also known as pregnancy rhinitis! It's a symptom of being prego, I had it bad until about 7.5 weeks! It's finally gone for me and I'm 8.5 weeks. But now I have this sick, no appetite feeling to replace it. No morning sickness, it's more like evening sickness. Weird but it gets worse after 4pm everyday, for the last week or so.

Ps. Congrats on having a boy Joy!!! Totally meant to say that earlier!

I also has rhinitis. Mine has gotten better but that's one symptom noone tells you about. Also tmi, I have the most boogies ever! I'm blowing and cleaning my nose daily!

Twinsie, I had no morning sickness. Only evening and night. It was weird but I was also glad to have to deal with it at home. Never any puking but just a horrible nauseous feeling. It's gotten much better in 2nd tri.

2b, I'm sure the discharge is really scary! I hope it's like the other ladies have said and isn't anything to worry about at all. How did your appointment go this morning? Keep us updated! :hugs: Oh, and I'm also happy that they scheduled you for another u/s and that it was just a mistake on their part! :haha:

Cutie, I agree that you have plenty of time to buy the stuff you need before your little guy gets here. Do things at your own pace and don't rush yourself and you'll be fine! :hugs:

Twinsie, I'm glad that you were able to have a good cry over the situation on Friday, and that it made you feel better. I know having one healthy baby is better than none, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to grieve over your loss. A loss is still a loss, and you're allowed to take as much time to grieve over it as you need! :)

Crystl, yay for a new bed! Stuff like that always excites me far more than it should! :haha:

Joy, I'm so glad to hear your u/s went well on Friday! Ahhh, team blue!!! Congrats!!! I know you wanted to be surprised during delivery, but I'm sure it was exciting for you to get confirmation now too! And I love that you'll still be able to surprise your families and everyone else with the news once he's born! :)

Katie, I hope the Vitex helps, and/or that this last cycle was a fluke with the short LP. My 2nd cycle off the pill AF arrived on 7dpo, giving me a 6 day LP. I was freaked out that it was going to be like that going forward but every month other than that one has been a 13 day lp like clockwork. So don't give up hope yet, it really might have just been a fluke! :)

Fleur, how are you feeling today? Not long until you get your next scan again, right? :)

Wishing you all the best at your anatomy scan cutieq! Pregnancy shouldn't be so long...way too much time for a woman to worry :wacko:.

Unfortunately I can chalk this sickness up to the good ol' fashion cold...everyone at work is infected with one. Appointment was not overly informative. I am booked in for a scan April 2nd now, that would put me at almost 7 weeks if all is well. My gut feel is not good though, as it does feel like I'm loosing all pregnancy signs. Took one of my digitals yesterday morning and it read 2-3 weeks. Do I dare take the other one on the weekend?

Twinsie, a loss is still a loss, however early it is. As you said, you already loved that baby so it’s normal to mourn his passing :hugs: How are you feeling now? Have you talked to DH about it?

crystlmcd, how did the clear-out go? Is it just me who accumulates TONS of stuff over the years?

Joy, congrats on being team blue! Although it didn’t go the way you wanted, it’ll be fun to keep the surprise from everyone else. Hope that your next scan goes well but it’s very reassuring that the doctor doesn’t see any cause for concern.

Katie, hope you’re feeling better now. How did DH react to the talk about LPs etc? It’s good to be able to share our worries, it’s their journey too! Hope the Vitex will help regulate your cycles. By the way, you ARE a laugh! I am VERY lucky with my MIL… she lives 8000 kilometres away so no interference in daily life :haha:

cutie, it’s normal to have wobbles during pregnancy, and it’s only magnified after one or several losses. I understand being nervous about the anatomy scan but you’re out of the danger zone now, so fingers crossed for a perfect scan!

Turtle, how are YOU? I feel like you’re so supportive to all of us but do tell us about how you’re doing and what’s happening in your life.

2b4us, I agree, pregnancy is so long. A 2-3 weeks reading on the digital is good! I’ve heard that some women get a 2-3 weeks, then 1-2 weeks a bit later even when everything is going perfectly well so I’m still avoiding doing the digital tests. I’ll dole out the advice everyone has been giving me : don’t put too much stock in pregnancy signs! Everyone says it’s normal for them to come and go.

AFM : I’m still mostly symptomless but haven’t worked up the courage to go for another scan yet. My next one is supposed to be in 10 days (I’ll be exactly 10 weeks). I’m not exactly nauseous but I’m feeling a bit “off” somehow, and not wanting to eat some things so maybe that’s a symptom lol? I’m also getting headaches almost everyday, ugh.

Also : "everyone poos" by crystlmcd had be ROFL, and boogie talk! So glam!

I'm just finishing up the last of my cleaning today, fleur. It feels so good to get things organized and not have so much stuff. We accumulate way too much stuff every year it seems like.

turtle, it was so funny when we got the new bed. My dog was like WTH is this thing? It took him a little while to get up the courage to jump up on it since it sits a little higher than before.

AFM, had spotting yesterday and today. I've never had mid-cycle spotting before so I guess that's something new to tell the doctor tomorrow. I honestly have no idea what's going on with my body these last few cycles. Hopefully I will know soon.

Good afternoon, ladies! Do you mind if I jump in here? It would be awesome to have a group of ladies similar in age going through the same sort of things. Most of my friends are done having kids or don't plan on having any at all so I feel a little alone most of the time. NONE Of them understand where I'm at.

I really look forward to getting to know you girls! If you'll have me, that is!

Welcome sweetscarlet. I know how you feel. I'm the only one in my family and group of friends that's not in the "kid club". You'll find lots of support and understanding here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->