30-Somethings TTC#1

Hooray, smiley face
:happydance: :dance: :happydance: :dance:

I'm off for an early night ladies to catch that egg!

:wave: Hiya LindseyA!!! Welcome!

WOOOHOOO for smiley faces!!!!

Maxxi, I can totally understand how you feel.... I'd want them to be able to "fix" whatever it wrong, but at the same time it would be hard to hear something is wrong in the first place..... But in the end if we all get a little baby of our own, it's all worth it!

No, I haven't got the insurance worked out yet.... I know I need to just put together my list of questions and call.... Though there's no real rush because we don't get to sign up for the new insurance until October or November anyway. And it doesn't take effect til December. .........though if I just go ahead and call and if I find out they can't deny me for "preexisting condition" then I could go ahead and start some blood work and such under my current insurance...

Bah.... I guess in my mind I'm still hoping it will work out on it's own, you know! I mean I'm ""ONLY"" on cycle 11..... Plenty of ladies have gotten their bfp after that without help.......... but yeah, I should call................ :D

Squirrel - my problem is that there is something wrong and if they don't find out what it is then I go into the category of "unexplained infertility" and then I'm off to the wonderful world of IVF. Time's not on my side :cry: This is how I'm looking at it. My workup should be finished by late September. They probably won't find anything wrong and so as a birthday present to myself (my birthday is in October) I'm giving myself a round of IVF! :wacko:

Good job Waiting on getting that dumb doctor to listen to you! I need to figuring out my insurance and then I'll be scheduling an appt. My current insurance pays for everything up through diagnosis of a problem (but not IUI/IVF etc). Another insurance plan I could be on covers IUI/IVF but it's more expensive (though if I need IUI/IVF it would be the deal of the century!) But I don't want to go get tests done under my current insurance if the new insurance company could deny me for a pre-existing condition! Bah!

I keep meaning to call both insurance plans and ask questions, but I can't do it at work, and then I forget when I get home until their offices are closed! :dohh:

Squirrel, do you get insurance through your or your DH's employer? If so, they shouldn't be allowed to deny you for pre-existing condition...but better safe than sorry and check!

I just realized that IVF is covered under DH's insurance. It's not on mine and is over $10k each time. If Dec. roles around and no luck with IUI, I'm going to get on DH's plan...only issue is that he has a $4k deductible. But $4k out of pocket is better than $10k!

Oh, I just realized I may have crashed this thread! Hope you ladies don't mind!:blush: I'm 30-something and TTC #1 so I think I fit in!

Yay! Other internet couples! I always feel like a nerd for admitting that's where my OH and I met! We were on the Eharmony matchmaking site. Had to go through a few duds, but I finally found a keeper! :haha:

Hooray for the bloodwork and HSG Maxxi!!!

Aww, I have sooo many friends that met their wonderful DH's online! I feel kind of behind the times because I met my DH "old school." Never had the chance to do online dating! Sometimes I want us both to take an Eharmony test to see if we'd be matched up! Those commercials make me wanna sign up, even though I'm already married!:haha:

:happydance: Whoop whoop Waiting, hope you got it!!!

:wave:Welcome Lindsay and MyTurn!

Just popping in to say hi, I'm on 8DPO and still no symptoms to obsess over. How you doing Floofy?

J x

:happydance: Whoop whoop Waiting, hope you got it!!!

:wave:Welcome Lindsay and MyTurn!

Just popping in to say hi, I'm on 8DPO and still no symptoms to obsess over. How you doing Floofy?

J x

I'm the same Jay! Nothing! I thought my bb's were bigger cause they were popping out of my bra! lol, but they don't look bigger when I look at them. :blush:
x

Hey Floofy, my (.)(.) are def bigger and a bit sore but they were last month too. They are already 34G so I don't want them to grow any more thanks!!

:hi: MyTurn - course you can join us!

Maxxi - its all rather crap isnt it? Hope you get some answers... or a BFP!!! ..... very soon.

Squirrel, didnt mean to hassle you - just remembered you going on about insurance a few weeks ago and wondered if you had it sorted yet. Isnt is strange we are all roughly on the same number of cycles and starting to get tests done/ have had them done.

Trying to twist DH's arm that we should :sex: again tonight. He is rather tired. Will need to be creative I think to try to ensure we catch that egg incase last night didnt happen. 3 nights in a row though, its hard work!

You're not hassling me! I need the reminder! I finally got around to writing down some questions. I want to get it all on a list so I can remember to ask everything I want.

I'm insured by my work. We have two options. The one I'm on right now has low monthly premiums but doesn't cover fertility treatments past diagnosis. But the other insurance covers fertility treatments though the monthly premiums are quite a bit higher. So if I find out I can do the diagnosis under my current insurance, and then do fertility treatments under the other insurance I'll be all set! But my biggest concern is that they'd make me wait 12 months of being under that plan before getting fertility benefits, or something strange like that!! You never know!

And Jill you're not crashing at all! :haha: I really would never have noticed!! Anymore I'm only on two threads, and now you're on both!! :)

JJay :shock: 34G!!! My back hurts just thinking about that!! And I've discovered you should never trust your boobs! They do tricky, tricky things when you're symptom spotting!

Ha ha, (.)(.) are tricky things!

I've finally got some bizarre (possibly) symptoms to obsess over! Strangely (and a bit grossly) I seem to be producing double the amount of saliva as usual! I woke up in the night with my pillow wet - eeeeeeewwww! This morning I have to keep swallowing and have a horrible taste in my mouth. Anyone else noticed that in the tww?

Hope you got your wicked way with DH last night Waiting! :winkwink:

Is your soy working again this month Squirrel?

J x

Ooh that sounds promising JJay! Keep us updated.
I just have constant blumming headaches, but think I had them last month too.
Popped ridiculous amounts of paracetamol in the last few days!

:winkwink: yep 3 nights in a row! We gave that egg the best shot we could

:coolio:

jjay how many dpo are you?

:happydance: Good stuff Waiting! It's a good feeling going into the tww knowing you've done all you can.

I'm 9dpo today.

J x

Hi girls,
Sorry I haven't posted much, just been following along, and I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I finally saw a FS which was interesting. So far all of my labs are normal. HOWEVER, US showed that one of my ovaries was "stuck" behind my uterus. She said it is likely endo, which I have never been diagnosed with or has EVER been mentioned for that matter. So that was a surprise. She doesn't want to work it up much more until we try IUI for a few cycles- which will start next cycle if this one is not successful the old fashioned way. I'm wondering if that would explain the occasional cramps I get after O? I am in the 2ww now. No out of the ordinary symptoms for me. I try not to pay too much attention though, it will drive me crazy :)

:wacko: OMG I think I have my BFP.

Faint line but def there (I've posted a pic on the BFP and HPT gallery threads)

I'm going to wait a few hours and test with a digi.

J x

PS I know I am naughty for testing at 10DPO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->