30-Somethings TTC#1

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far.

I have been offline for a couple of days as was feeling way too emotional and a bit of a mess. I guess my positive outlook took a major nosedive as seeing those 3 eggs on my last scan just got me too hopeful. The whole process made me feel even worse as it was like I had 3 times the chance as women normally do, we BD loads during the fertile time and still we didn't manage it. DH took me out for a meal yesterday to cheer me up and we bumped into a friend who has 3 kids and he asked if we were planning on having some and DH replied work in progress, this guy then replied just relax and it will happen the worst thing you can do is stress about it and time sex. Told my hubby that trying too hard is the biggest factor in causing couples to not get pregnant. I so wanted to scream at this guy as DH said afterwards "see we just need to relax and let nature take it course and it will happen we probably don't even need the docs help".

Well AF arrived today with a vengence and I am dealing with it, I would be lying if I said I didn't cry today as things are still setting me off but hey I am picking myself up and preparing myself for my doctors appointment on Monday. I don't believe my DH's wise old friend that nature will take its course as I have been waiting for nature for long enough. We have been TTC #1 for 15 months with no hint of a BFP so to me that is not quite right for someone who is supposed to have great ovaries, eggs, tubes etc and DH SA was great. I will be discussing starting IUI this cycle and hope to have the first attempt before I travel home for the Eid holidays mid September.

I am not defeated yet and I still believe that my BFP could be just around the corner but I have to completely accept that for us we will more than likely need a whole lot more science involved than we ever imagined.

I am kicking the negativity in the butt and coming out fighting again as the alternative is not one I am ready to accept. I am determined to have a healthy baby and this infertility monster picked on the wrong lady.

:hugs:
Hi Ladies

I have been offline for a couple of days as was feeling way too emotional and a bit of a mess. I guess my positive outlook took a major nosedive as seeing those 3 eggs on my last scan just got me too hopeful. The whole process made me feel even worse as it was like I had 3 times the chance as women normally do, we BD loads during the fertile time and still we didn't manage it. DH took me out for a meal yesterday to cheer me up and we bumped into a friend who has 3 kids and he asked if we were planning on having some and DH replied work in progress, this guy then replied just relax and it will happen the worst thing you can do is stress about it and time sex. Told my hubby that trying too hard is the biggest factor in causing couples to not get pregnant. I so wanted to scream at this guy as DH said afterwards "see we just need to relax and let nature take it course and it will happen we probably don't even need the docs help".

Well AF arrived today with a vengence and I am dealing with it, I would be lying if I said I didn't cry today as things are still setting me off but hey I am picking myself up and preparing myself for my doctors appointment on Monday. I don't believe my DH's wise old friend that nature will take its course as I have been waiting for nature for long enough. We have been TTC #1 for 15 months with no hint of a BFP so to me that is not quite right for someone who is supposed to have great ovaries, eggs, tubes etc and DH SA was great. I will be discussing starting IUI this cycle and hope to have the first attempt before I travel home for the Eid holidays mid September.

I am not defeated yet and I still believe that my BFP could be just around the corner but I have to completely accept that for us we will more than likely need a whole lot more science involved than we ever imagined.

I am kicking the negativity in the butt and coming out fighting again as the alternative is not one I am ready to accept. I am determined to have a healthy baby and this infertility monster picked on the wrong lady.

I am sending you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies

Hey Carole, I just wanted to send you a note and say your situation sounds very similar to mine- we our on to our 14th cycle TTC and not a hint of a bfp either...aggh, all showed fine for me except my fsh is on the high side (10) for my age (33) but DH's SA wasnt great- poor morphology but we should still be able to conceive as his count was good...anyway not sure. I have tried Clomid with no success (I do O on my own), 3 medicated IUIs and now we are on the wait list for IVF- we will likely do an unmedicated IUI for the heck of it this month...so I feel your pain- Oh and another thing, I got AF today too!! lol :dohh: although it seems to get easier as time goes on for me, for some reason :shrug:

anyway, sending you loads of positive vibes and lets both get our bfps soon and the rest of the girls on this thread
:hugs:

Sending you lots of hugs Carole. You are very strong and an inspiration. x x x

Carole sending you:hugs:

I really think there's nothing less sensitive than people asking "when are you planning to..." It really makes me :growlmad: They don't know what's going on in your life and don't seem to think that you might be having problems.

I've had two people asking me so far (15 months married, I must be taking too long :dohh:) Neither one has been a particularly good friend and it's a question I wouldn't even ask my best friends. Surely this is the most personal question you can ask someone - why do they think it's any of their business??

Sorry for the rant but it really does make me mad...

It makes me mad too Conina. I never ask anyone, cause I know what it feels like when people ask me. I've had people at work asking me, even though I haven't told them I'm ttc, and it makes me feel like I have to justify myself etc.
People telling us to 'relax' annoys me even more. I don't chart, or use a CBFM, hardly ever do OPKs, BD regularly and still not preggers, so not sure how much more I could 'relax'. Plus, I have endometriosis, so relaxing has nothing to do with it for me. If only ttc were that simple!

Floofy sorry the witch arrived and that you are feeling poorly x

Carole I think you have been amazing keeping so positive and you are allowed to have crap days. Friends are so insensitive - it's so easy for some who get knocked up the first month of having unprotected :sex: - and completely are clueless what it's like for most people. And if it's science that helps you have a baby so be it. Sending you lots of :hugs:

Hope everyone had ok weekends despite the appearance of AF for alot of you.

Carole - all I can say is how can you relax and not plan? I feel the same way. I don't want to live by my cbfm but what else can I do? Sorry that you had a had such a hard time this weekend :hugs::hugs:

Waiting - I can't wait to hear what they have to tell you. I have a hematology appt tomorrow (with more bloodwork :growlmad:) and on Thursday DH will finish the last part of his testing. I'm happy to be donw with all of this - for now, anyway.

Thanks Maxxi - hope your appointment is ok tomorrow?

I had blood tests last week and nearly fainted when they took the blood, how pathetic! I decided to look away and start counting to distract myself from what the nurse was doing, but when I realised that I had got to 40 and she was still drawing off little vials that made me feel queasy.

So my advice is not to count!

How are you feeling today Floofy?

Aw thanks Waiting....Pains aren't as bad today, but having a rough time otherwise... DH and I aren't exactly seeing eye to eye and been really upset. Not even sure he's on the same page as me ttc wise... We had some friends over yesterday with their 18 month old and he didn't seem to enjoy it one bit... I even asked him 'you do still want children don't you' and he just said 'dunno'. Don't think he understands what it's like putting up with these endo pains all the time as well and knowing there's something probably stopping you from conceiving...Got an appt with my gyno in a week. Hopefully he'll be able to do something for me....:shrug:

Aw thanks Waiting....Pains aren't as bad today, but having a rough time otherwise... DH and I aren't exactly seeing eye to eye and been really upset. Not even sure he's on the same page as me ttc wise... We had some friends over yesterday with their 18 month old and he didn't seem to enjoy it one bit... I even asked him 'you do still want children don't you' and he just said 'dunno'. Don't think he understands what it's like putting up with these endo pains all the time as well and knowing there's something probably stopping you from conceiving...Got an appt with my gyno in a week. Hopefully he'll be able to do something for me....:shrug:

Men

Thanks Maxxi - hope your appointment is ok tomorrow?

I had blood tests last week and nearly fainted when they took the blood, how pathetic! I decided to look away and start counting to distract myself from what the nurse was doing, but when I realised that I had got to 40 and she was still drawing off little vials that made me feel queasy.

So my advice is not to count!

That's terrible. I feel for you. They can never find my veins and so they always use my hand :nope:. I will be so happy after my last blood draw!

Just to share - nasty witchy cramps have reared their head so guess Im out again.... :cry:

:hugs: I agree. Men!

Sorry Waiting :hugs:

My cbfm is showing high fertility so maybe I'll O soon. I'm not too hopeful though that I'll get lucky this month. Let my doctor take care of this problem now is what I say!

Thanks both - she's not arrived yet and no spotting so quite odd.

How was your tests this week Maxxi?

We go for our results tomorrow - quite nervous now!

Thinking I am out again. I have the all of the familiar pre AF signs. :nope:
Getting so sick of this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"