30 weeks and wants to go on disability

elijahsmommy

Reaction score
I am 30 weeks and I want to go on disability. I work at Wal-Mart as a overnight stocker. I was a manager but I stepped down because I could not handle the work load that was given to me. Even though I have stepped down, I STILL feel stressed out about the work load and my managers still expect me to work at the same rate as I did when I was not pregnant. I hate my job and the higher managment! I talked to my HR and she said to ask the doctor for disability not maternity leave because it's too early. I went to my doctor's todayand without hesitating she said NO. :nope: Does anyone have any advice on what I should do to go on maternity or disability early.

Are you actually disabled at all? If not that will probably be difficult to do.

Dunno about where u are but u can't just go on disability coz u can't handle your job... U need to actually have a disability...
Your job should be more accommodating... That's unfortunately the only thing u can have until your mat leave...
I'm in aus tho so if your in the states etc it may work different.

Hope u sort it out

No I am not disabled at all... Just have the typical lower back, feet, and leg pain. What should I do if my job will accommodate with me

Over here they have to... They can't ask u to work at any more than your capable with... I personally would work with exactly how your comfy and let them complain about it... If u got fired over here for it the company would get in sooooo much trouble for unfair dismissal but I don't know what it's like in the US... I'm assuming that's where u are?

Iam am assuming US, right? Do you have paid short term disability benefits? Even if you do, you would have to have a provable condition to qualify, other than normal pregnancy (high BP, SPD, cervix issues, etc). Sorry, I know you are exhausted, but most docs are not willing to put you if unless its a true need. I was medically signed off on disability a couple weeks before each of my last two were born. Can you get your doc to put you on a work restriction (extra break, no more than x hours standing, etc?)

It's going to be difficult to go on disability. Being pregnant is not a disability, unless your having complications with that pregnancy. Can you try going part time?

Pregnancy is not considered a disability. You will just have to take your maternity as early as you can. Not sure how much time you get.

I've been on disability since 16 weeks, but the doctor did it for BP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->