31 weeks pregnant and ectopic heartbeat

helen_1980

Reaction score
hi
im 31 weeks pregnant with a little girl and tis is my 4th pregnancy,everything has gone to plan but today i saw my midwife and after taking my blood pressure 3 times and taking my pulse,she said i have an ectopic heartbeat-my heart is dropping or missing a heartbeat after every few beats and now im very worried.i have never had this with any of my other pregnancies and it has only occured in the last 3 weeks as that was when i last saw my midwife and everything was fine then,she said i have to see a doctor in 2 weeks and if it is still the same then i will have to be placed on a heart monitor and she also said it can effect labour in some cases so now im really very scared and worried and ive been in tears since i found out and it does not help that ive been having bad dreams about dying in childbirth so now i feel like this dream will come true,im very worried and would love some advice.
(if it helps im 29 and normally healthy)
many thanks
Helen.

A friend of mine discovered the same thing when pregnant and she was very very grateful that the staff did because pregnancy is one of the few times whereby your heart and blood pressure is monitored.

She was admitted to hospital with full bed rest from week 22 and was put on meds to regulate it. She is going to be medicated for the rest of her life but she thinks of what could be had it not been detected.

She has since gone on to have a very happy, healthy pregnancy 3 times and has three beautiful sons.

You'll be in very safe hands if it is as the midwife descibes, best of luck with the test :hugs::hugs:

slightly different situation, but my lil boy was born with an ectopic hb, it was discovered at 31 weeks. He had to go on neonatal for his 1st 36hrs for monitoring, but theyre happy with him, and hav said he will probably grow out of it. He has a review in 6 wks.

i'm not sure what the different causes of this are but i have always had ectopic heart beats on and off, and been told they are nothing to worry about. Just annoying. I have had a full heart check for other reasons though so they may have ruled out any bad causes for the ectopic beats when checking for that. I am seeing an ob for my heart every 4 weeks as well and nobody has mentioned the ectopic beats yet.
Hope yours are found to be not a problem too. good luck and dont worry to much.
I find mine get much worse when stressed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->