32 and TTC #1

Katie, you're hilarious! I must admit, I'm not the best at shaving my legs at ANY time of the month! Poor Dh... :haha: Your weekend plans sound fun! I hope you have a great time! I've only been to Boston once, and that was 20 years ago, so I don't remember it well. I do remember liking it though! I'll admit, I actually do drink during the TWW. I know a lot of people don't approve of it, but I don't know, they say the baby isn't even sharing your blood supply until around the time you would find out anyways (and sometimes I think a little later than that even). I do tend to cut it back a little during the TWW though. I guess I'm just more of the "drink till it's pink" mentality, as opposed to the "sober till it's over" way of thinking. :haha: To each their own for sure! :thumbup:

Twinsie, I hear ya on the weekend rain vs sunshine internal struggle! :haha: It's so frustrating when it's nice all week and then crappy on the weekends, but you're right that it can help you feel justified to be able to lay around all weekend in your sweats and be lazy when it's raining! I am the queen of justifying things, so I'm always looking for a way. ;) Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend planned!

Crystl, ahhh, you must be in Omaha then! :) I've always heard great things about your zoo and have always wanted to visit it. I have yet to, but I will one day! Sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy! :)

Katie, you're hilarious! I must admit, I'm not the best at shaving my legs at ANY time of the month! Poor Dh... :haha: Your weekend plans sound fun! I hope you have a great time! I've only been to Boston once, and that was 20 years ago, so I don't remember it well. I do remember liking it though! I'll admit, I actually do drink during the TWW. I know a lot of people don't approve of it, but I don't know, they say the baby isn't even sharing your blood supply until around the time you would find out anyways (and sometimes I think a little later than that even). I do tend to cut it back a little during the TWW though. I guess I'm just more of the "drink till it's pink" mentality, as opposed to the "sober till it's over" way of thinking. :haha: To each their own for sure! :thumbup:

"Drink til its pink"!!!! I love that! I think you are totally right about the blood supply thing too... the ACTUAL reason I'm not drinking really is because I've been having a weird reaction to alcohol lately. About a month ago I did a "detox" with a nutritionist where I had a list of certain foods I was supposed to eat for various reasons, and a list of foods I was not allowed to eat. For three weeks, I completely eliminated sugar of any kind, caffeine, alcohol, gluten and dairy. The point is to get all those out of your system, and then spend the next two weeks after the detox slowly bringing them back into your diet so you can figure out if you have an intolerance. AND BOY DO I! The alcohol was the first thing I brought back, and the reaction I had to red wine was crazy! Hyper heart rate and sweating and dizziness. FROM ONE GLASS! And two weeks ago I had a scotch, and the whole next day I felt TERRIBLE. So that's really why I'm not drinking either. I'll probably slip up and have something though, and regret it the next day!

ALSO. I lost 10 pounds during those three weeks, eating a normal amount of calories every day. But as soon as I brought gluten back into my diet I gained it all back immediately (and also had more restless nights and digestive issues). I just bought two paleo cookbooks and I'm going to try eliminating gluten for awhile to see how it is. If gluten is the reason I've been fighting with my body for my whole life I'm going to be VERY ANNOYED. /rant

Twinsie, the last thing I want to do is communicate my stress to you. You have VERY high chances that everything is going well, I’m just scared because of last time. I’m actually excited about your first scan, isn’t that weird! Fingers crossed the baby will have a strong heartbeat and that the scan will reassure you. How are you feeling symptoms-wise? I know what you mean about sunny weeks and rainy weekends, it happens a lot here. But your weekend sounds relaxing and cosy!

Turtle, sorry AF came although you were expecting it. I hope next week I can give you all the go-ahead to be excited.

Katie, you haven’t been pushy, I’m just a scaredy-cat! Enjoy Boston and your friend’s wedding. Will people really notice if you’re not drinking alcohol? I drink very very rarely so no one’s ever surprised when I refuse a glass. Hope you’ll manage to sort out your digestive issues, it must be horrible to live with that for years.

crystlmcd, which movie are you going to see? There are quite a few I want to see at the moment. We saw The Imitation Game yesterday and really liked it. Enjoy the movie and the zoo!

AFM, my business partner and I are moving into a new office so we’ll be busy with painting and cleaning this weekend, ugh. I really want a weekend doing NOTHING but it never seems to happen. At least the sun is back after days of heavy rain and floods!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Turtle, you should definitely make your way up here for a visit sometime!

Fleur, we're seeing Run All Night. Looks good, hopefully it really is. I haven't seen The Imitation Game yet. I'll have to put it on my list.

2b4us that date is exciting! I love things like that. It makes it feel like things just fell into place as they were supposed to.

Fleur I get it. I absolutely get it. As Katie, mentioned, some docs don't see you until 8 weeks or even 12. As long as you're taking your vitamins and eating and drinking healthy, I think you're fine. Do what feels right.

Twinsie Good luck at your appointment!! I hope you post a pic and update. Don't stress too much about measurements. My little guy has measured a few days behind and the doc said as long as it's not over a week, they don't worry.

Turtle, CD1 is a new start. Good luck this cycle! I always hate to hear about AF, but I love your spirit.

Katie, enjoy Boston. I've only been once but I loved it!

crystal, I love the zoo. Enjoy!!

AFM, I haven't been on bnb a lot. I'm a pretty chill, relaxed person and I've found myself on several threads that cause me more stress and worry than good. I just want to enjoy my pregnancy and not think about the bad until I have to, which I pray is never. DH and I are heading out for dinner and to watch some basketball. Then tomorrow I'm heading to a friend's baby shower and a girl's night with my best friend. She's scheduled a facial and pedicure for me and has a list of her favorite food spots. I can't wait!

Twinsie, the last thing I want to do is communicate my stress to you. You have VERY high chances that everything is going well, I’m just scared because of last time. I’m actually excited about your first scan, isn’t that weird! Fingers crossed the baby will have a strong heartbeat and that the scan will reassure you. How are you feeling symptoms-wise? I know what you mean about sunny weeks and rainy weekends, it happens a lot here. But your weekend sounds relaxing and cosy!

Turtle, sorry AF came although you were expecting it. I hope next week I can give you all the go-ahead to be excited.

Katie, you haven’t been pushy, I’m just a scaredy-cat! Enjoy Boston and your friend’s wedding. Will people really notice if you’re not drinking alcohol? I drink very very rarely so no one’s ever surprised when I refuse a glass. Hope you’ll manage to sort out your digestive issues, it must be horrible to live with that for years.

crystlmcd, which movie are you going to see? There are quite a few I want to see at the moment. We saw The Imitation Game yesterday and really liked it. Enjoy the movie and the zoo!

AFM, my business partner and I are moving into a new office so we’ll be busy with painting and cleaning this weekend, ugh. I really want a weekend doing NOTHING but it never seems to happen. At least the sun is back after days of heavy rain and floods!

Have a great weekend ladies!

No worries fleur, it's not you. Actually to be honest I was very uninformed up until a year ago when my twin sister experienced her miscarriage. And then when I started ttc and started following different threads I realized just how common miscarriages are, I had NO idea!!! It's very sad! One in four pregnancies! It's horrible and unfortunate and way more common than I thought. I always thought that once I was finally pregnant I'd be so happy that the happiness would hide the worry for mc but that's just not the case. I wish I was that naive uninformed girl I was a year ago and would allow myself to feel the happiness and excitement that being pregnant should feel like! But I'm still cautious. I think after Mondays GOOD news I will finally be happy and excited. MC rate is down to 3.9% today and it will be down to 3% on Monday after my appt. and the find a strong heartbeat! After that I can definitely allow myself to celebrate :)
I can't wait!! T - 2 days!!

Enjoy the pedi and facial cutie!! Jealous!! So relaxing and fun!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

The pic I posted for some reason is upside down, my line is the one on the right. I'll do another test tomorrow am. It wouldn't bother me if baby was born on step son's b'day, although I'm not sure how he'd feel, ha!

Fleur, a peroghy (not the only spelling) is kind of like a dumpling and is usually filled with potato and cheese :). My favorite peroghy is filled with potato, cheddar, onion and bacon, served with fried onions and sour cream on top...a heart attack on a plate essentially. DH's family is of Ukrainian decent, as is mine...perogies are a staple Ukrainian dish. Hope you have a productive weekend Fleur, with a wee bit of fun in the sun? Have you settled on a day next week for your scan?

Wishing you all the best on your scan Twinsie! I like the sounds of your weekend, completely relaxing and comfy! Enjoy!!! Do you enjoy the non-alcholic wine? If all goes well, I think we'll try to keep things quiet until Easter and then tell close family and friends.

Exciting weekend Katie! Be sure to wear some comfortable shoes with all that boogying you'll be doing ;)! Lately I've been enjoying Shirley Temples and mock champagne (white grape juice and ginger ale).

Haha, I hear you about the leg shaving Turtle! DH gets a free exfoliation in bed if he gets too close ;). What are you up to this weekend?

Have fun crystlmcd!!! What's your favorite exhibit at the zoo?

Oh, some pampering Cutieq! Awesome! Glad you're able to recognize and remove yourself from toxic environments, that's definitely not something you need.

Not too much on the go this weekend. Maybe some more bathroom renos and off to a baby shower tomorrow

I love the gorillas and chimps and our zoo has a really great gorilla exhibit. I could hang out there for hours. I also love the aquarium. It's definitely one of my favorites.

We are kindred spirits crystl. Those are my favorite exhibits. Toss in giraffes and I'm in heaven!!

I shaved my legs (only partially) today for my pedicure. :rofl:

I poas again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
Good line 2b! Hoping it gets even darker in the next week!

Quick message from my phone to wish you good luck for your scan Twinsie! Looking forward to hearing your update.

Will catch up properly tomorrow.

Quick message from my phone to wish you good luck for your scan Twinsie! Looking forward to hearing your update.

Will catch up properly tomorrow.

Thank you so much fleur :hugs:

Will update tomorrow afternoon! :) fx!!

Hi! Checking in with everyone post-weekend... and also hoping for a pic from Twinsie's scan! :winkwink:

AFM: TWW here. :coffee: 4DPO. I'm not permitting myself to symptom spot until 10DPO since I have decided that's the time I can expect implantation, and I wouldn't have any symptoms until then. Sooooo... that's working REAL well. :haha:

Also, I was wondering what you ladies thought about doing a group thread? I know almost nothing about how forums and whatnot work, but I THINK we can do such a thing? Not that I don't want to "meet" new people, but I want to keep up with you ladies, no matter how we are all progressing. THoughts?

Good morning, ladies! Katie, that stinks about all of the issues you've been having, and totally makes sense on the not drinking (or trying not to anyways!). One of my best friends did that same type of elimination diet so I know just what you're talking about. It's kind of fascinating, really! Did you have fun in Boston this weekend? I hope so! And I love the group thread idea! I have no idea if they exist or how to do one if they do, but I'm down for joining it! :haha:

Fleur, how did the office moving go this weekend? Did you have any time leftover for fun and play? :) That's pretty exciting though to be moving to a new space, I hope it's a great move for you guys! :) I can't wait to hear when you're planning on getting your scan this week! :thumbup:

Cyrstl, I'll definitely have to do that! Even as a day trip, it's kind of a ways but not too far that it can't be done! How was the zoo? I hope you had a great time! The weather this weekend couldn't have been better for it!

Cutie, I'm sorry to hear that BnB has been causing you stress lately. :( Nobody needs that, especially when pregnant! Sounds like you had a really nice weekend planned! How was the facial and pedicure? Sounds lovely! And haha, I do the same thing on shaving when I'm getting a pedicure! Too funny! :haha:

Twinsie, good luck today!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your scan pic! So exciting!!! :) :) :)

2b, your line is looking so great! Yay!!! How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet? Have you told your step-son yet? How did he take it if so? So many questions! :winkwink: Oh, and I love perogies!!! I haven't had one in forever, and I've only had the store bought, frozen ones (which I'm sure aren't even half as good as what you're used to!) but they're soooo good! :)

Well ladies, Appt went very well!! She found TWO heartbeats! One baby is measuring right on track 7 weeks and 2 days. Going back in two weeks to determine if second baby is gonna stick. Doesn't look good though.
But One baby is very healthy and measuring right on track!!!!! ps. I'm a twin so I was wondering what my chances of having twins was. Guess it's good!! Well I ovulate two eggs at a time, but after that depends on the sperm. Crazy ! My next appt is the 31st. I'm not hopeful for the second baby just because she couldn't even get a good measurement but there was a clear wall in between the two. So well see! At least I get another u/s in 2 weeks!! Thinking positive!

image.jpg

This baby # 1, the healthy one. She didn't give me the other pcs of baby 2 bcuz she needs them for her records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->