32 and TTC #1

My temps were just playing tricks on me. I've started spotting this afternoon. I'll be seeing my doctor later this month so hoping she can confirm there's no medical issues keeping me from getting pregnant.

2b4us, I hope af stays away!

Boo AF Crystl. Not assuming tests are needed but just curious have docs run any type of test before?

No, I haven't had any tests yet. I was on depo for a really long time and then the pill for almost a year so it took 4ish months before my body got back to normal cycles. So, I waited before going to the dr just to give us some time to see if it would happen. Now that it's been almost a year and I have to do my annual anyway so I thought I'd make sure everything is good.

Ah shoot! Maybe, just maybe the spotting is something else crystlmcd?...I don't want to give up yet!

As much as I would love for it to be caused by something else, it was not. The witch is here.

I'm rooting for the rest of you still in the TWW!

crystlmcd, sorry the witch came :hugs: Hope the doctor will be able to find out if there are any issues and what you can do to speed up the process.

Twinsie, running 4 miles a day, wow! I can do Zumba and aerobics but can’t run more than 5 minutes. It’s quite normal to feel easily winded during pregnancy, you just need to slow down if it happens. I’m also quite short (5ft3 / 1m60), with thin arms and legs, quite big boobs and a pouch. I only put on weight on my belly so in my non-pregnant state, after a good meal I can easily pass for 3 months pregnant.

2b4us, when will you be testing? I hope the no spotting is a good sign and your temps stay up!

Oh, I'm still wavering about Friday's scan. On the one hand I want to know once and for all whether there is a baby in there. On the other hand, if there's something wrong I'll spend all weekend depressed. Even if everything's good, I think I'll still be stressing that in a few weeks something will go wrong, just in case I'm "predisposed" to repeat miscarriages.

LADIES, I HAVE A SMILEY FACE. REPEAT: I HAVE A SMILEY FACE. My body is NOT broken, and I DO, in fact, ovulate. ALL IS NOT LOST!

now that that's out of the way...

Twinsie: I got married in September, and I ran everyday for four months in preparation too! I, however, GAINED weight because I had a very very stressful summer, mostly centered around the fact my dad lived with us those months. He finally moved out two weeks before the wedding, and I think I lost 20 pounds. I felt great during out alcohol and food filled honeymoon as well! And as a result, I now weigh 30 pounds more than I did the day DH and I met. Whoops! I've been doing Barre Method classes and yoga three times a week, and it seems to really be working for me. The classes are fun, difficult, and most importantly, NOT RUNNING. I talked to the studio owner before I started, and she said all their classes are adaptable for pregnancy, so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick with it!

Fleur: Ya gotta go sometime woman! If things have progressed on the schedule you THINK they might have, what would you be now? 7 weeks? I totally get your hesitancy, but you've got to tell a doctor at some point, right?? How else can you join the club of weekly blood tests and the dreaded gestational diabetes glucose test??

Turtle: Sorry to hear about DH! I'm so glad it's not kidney stones though... a previous OH of mine had those and it was TERRIBLE. I hope his health issues are all squared away soon!

SO. I guess tomorrow will be 1DPO for me?? THANK GOD. Also, looks like my TWW is really an "11 day wait". Not that I'm complaining, 'cause the TWW is the WORST.

Fleur, he finally got a hold of them to make the appointment and they said they never got the referral from the clinic. So he called the clinic back, and they just kept insisting that they sent it. He finally got them to agree to send it again. Regardless of whether they sent it or not, the office doesn't have it, so send it again! :dohh: How is your DH feeling today? Haha, that's kinda funny that he kept trying to go in and kept getting sent right back home! I do hope he's feeling better now! Good luck with figuring out your scan for Friday. I'm sorry that you're not able to enjoy this just yet! :( Oh, and I saw that thing on the 8.5 month pregnant woman with the abs...crazy!

Cutie, loving your bump pic! You look fabulous! Do you feel like you're much bigger than that now, since it's been a couple of weeks? I'd love to see your 14 week bump photo once you take it! :)

Twinsie, I think you have a good excuse for getting tired after just cleaning! :thumbup: How are you feeling today? Running 4 miles a day is super impressive! No matter how hard I try, I'm just not a runner. I can't run more than about a minute at a time, and that's with pushing myself. And I even did 2 triathlons! Well, they were only sprint distance tri's, but I walked a good chunk of the run portion. I ran what I could and walked the rest. I'm just not made to be a runner I guess!

2b, I'm just ignoring the TWW honestly. I do much better when I do that! :haha: AF should be arriving by Friday I think, but I'm guessing could even be as late as Saturday if I didn't O until Saturday instead of Friday like FF thinks. If she's not here by Sunday I'll test, but I'm sure she will be! I so hope your spotting stays away!!! When are you planning to test? How is the TWW treating you? :)

Cyrstl, I'm so sorry that AF arrived. :( I think that's a great idea to talk to your doctor about possible testing or thoughts at your appointment this month. There's no reason not to after all! I do hope everything comes back normal though, and that you get your bean soon! :hugs:

Katie, that's great that you got your smiley face!!! YAY!!! No go catch that eggie, and good luck! :thumbup: I think you typically O anywhere from 12-36 hours after a +opk, so it could be today (making tomorrow 1dpo) or tomorrow even. You don't temp, right? Do you get any O pains or anything to help you pinpoint when it happens? :)

Katie, that's great that you got your smiley face!!! YAY!!! No go catch that eggie, and good luck! :thumbup: I think you typically O anywhere from 12-36 hours after a +opk, so it could be today (making tomorrow 1dpo) or tomorrow even. You don't temp, right? Do you get any O pains or anything to help you pinpoint when it happens? :)

I think that I have had O pains, which is why I decided to get an OPK in the first place. I started to get the feeling that I was Oing later than estimated based on cramping I had. I'll pay lots of attention over the next couple of days when I'm not too busy trying to catch the egg. :winkwink:

Hehe, good thinking! You don't want to distract yourself too much from catching that egg by concentrating on any pains! :winkwink: That's good that you think you feel them though; I do too, and in my experience it makes it much easier to know for sure when it is...or at least what day it is! They do say sometimes it can be pains leading up to O, or after O even, that they don't really know for sure. And I think it can differ from person to person. But those few months that I did temp confirmed O for me on the day that I felt the pain, so I felt confident judging it on those alone even after I quit temping. :) Good luck!!!

Katie, woohoo for a smiley face ! So which CD are you today? Tomorrow might not be 1 DPO, you’re “supposed” to ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive OPK, so keep BDing for 2-3 days. Once the egg is released it lives up to 24 hours so that gives you some extra time. Thank you for the pep talk :haha: Yes I will have to tell a doctor at some point but mine will not do any blood tests for a while. Not that I want weekly blood tests! I’ll be 7 weeks on Friday but 8 weeks is sounding more appealing now.

Turtle, so when will your DH’s appointment be? Is he still in pain? Mine is better and managed to go into work today. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that AF stays away for you!

LADIES, I HAVE A SMILEY FACE. REPEAT: I HAVE A SMILEY FACE. My body is NOT broken, and I DO, in fact, ovulate. ALL IS NOT LOST!

now that that's out of the way...

Twinsie: I got married in September, and I ran everyday for four months in preparation too! I, however, GAINED weight because I had a very very stressful summer, mostly centered around the fact my dad lived with us those months. He finally moved out two weeks before the wedding, and I think I lost 20 pounds. I felt great during out alcohol and food filled honeymoon as well! And as a result, I now weigh 30 pounds more than I did the day DH and I met. Whoops! I've been doing Barre Method classes and yoga three times a week, and it seems to really be working for me. The classes are fun, difficult, and most importantly, NOT RUNNING. I talked to the studio owner before I started, and she said all their classes are adaptable for pregnancy, so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick with it!

Fleur: Ya gotta go sometime woman! If things have progressed on the schedule you THINK they might have, what would you be now? 7 weeks? I totally get your hesitancy, but you've got to tell a doctor at some point, right?? How else can you join the club of weekly blood tests and the dreaded gestational diabetes glucose test??

Turtle: Sorry to hear about DH! I'm so glad it's not kidney stones though... a previous OH of mine had those and it was TERRIBLE. I hope his health issues are all squared away soon!

SO. I guess tomorrow will be 1DPO for me?? THANK GOD. Also, looks like my TWW is really an "11 day wait". Not that I'm complaining, 'cause the TWW is the WORST.

So excited for you!!! So this is your first month using opks right?? This could be your month now that you know exactly when you O!!! I'm not sure your TWW is really 11 days though, usually the TWW is always 14 days no matter how late you O in your cycle, unless your LP is shorter than normal. Is it ?? What CD are you today? I hope you catch the egg!!:happydance:

I would get strong O pains too! That def helped determine when O was happening. And I'm pretty sure I got pregnant the day I O'd because we hadn't been dtd before that until the day of O. So you have good chances if you've been dtd a lot! GL!!

We've been SMEPing, so we're pretty good in the BD department this cycle. Based on what I've been told, we're now supposed to BD for the next three days, skip a day, and BD once more. AND WE WILL. :haha:

I'm CD 19 today out of what I think will be 31. I think I have a shorter LP, but we'll see!! Figuring out that stuff was a big reason I picked up the OPKs. I've decided to count FRIDAY as 1DPO, since it really only matters for testing purposes and I'd rather test a day later than a day too early.

Good luck Katie! Hopefully you'll be announcing your BFP in a couple weeks!

I also have an 11 day TWW. Sure makes it a little more bearable!

YAY Smiley! Definitely BD for the next few days!!

Sorry to hear AF showed up crystlmcd.

Hooray for your smiley face Katie! A busy schedule ahead of you now :winkwink:.

Still no spotting, but I feel completely premenstrual. Ugh, and I've been such a cow! I'll probably test Saturday if AF doesn't show up.

Good morning, ladies! Fleur, DH STILL doesn't have an appt made yet! :growlmad: He's been going back and forth trying to get something scheduled. Hopefully he'll be able to work something out today. Thankfully the pain seems to be getting a little better though, I'm hoping that's a sign that it's clearing up on its own! I'm so glad to hear your DH is doing better now and was able to return to work! And that so far you don't seem to have any signs that you're getting it! :)

Katie, it sounds like you'll be covered! :) I think that's a good idea to count tomorrow as 1dpo, since I think on average most people tend to O the day following the +opk. And like you said, it only really matters for testing purposes and knowing when AF should arrive, so it's probably better to be one day later than one day earlier! :thumbup: I so hope this is your month!

2b, I'm glad to hear the spotting is still staying away! FX that it's a good sign! :D I'll be testing Sunday too if AF hasn't shown up by then (which I fully expect her to), we can be testing buddies if we're still AF-free at that point! :dance: Good luck, I hope this is it for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->