32+ weeks: naive to think I'll be content not to try & hurry things along

August3

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I'm reading here about the raspberry leaf tea, the evening primrose oil, the spicy food, the spicy sex ! ;), the walking etc that ladies are trying to get little one to hurry up and arrive.

Am I naïve to think I'll be content just to let it happen as nature intends? Did any of you ladies that are now in the last few days or overdue once think the same?

I'm reading here about the raspberry leaf tea, the evening primrose oil, the spicy food, the spicy sex ! ;), the walking etc that ladies are trying to get little one to hurry up and arrive.

Am I naïve to think I'll be content just to let it happen as nature intends? Did any of you ladies that are now in the last few days or overdue once think the same?

I'm due tomorrow and I haven't done anything to hurry it along. I'm uncomfortable, like can't even roll over, still sick etc, but eh, since none of those things are actually proven to work it seems a waste of my time, I'd rather sleep :baby:

I'll be using RLT but that doesn't send you into labour, strengthens your uterus :) But I won't be doing anything either! I don't want to go early this time!

To be honest I have done all these things but purely because I have an induction booked for Tuesday (because of insulin managed gestational diabetes) when I will be 38 weeks and it is easier to induce if your cervix is favourable, and I want to make it as easy as possible to reduce the risk of a failed induction/c-section.

If I was having her normally and was a low risk pregnancy then I would hand on heart be more than happy to have her take as long as she needs. But as it is now, my baby is better off being born now than risking going to full term where there is an increased risk of stillbirth and other complications with GD.

Its all down to personal preference but also medical necessity in some cases. And patience!!!

Today is my due date and I have no intentions of doing anything to hurry him along.

He'll come when he is ready.

Orgasms have been proven to work because they release oxytocin, a natural hormone that stimulates the uterus to contract. Other than that, nothing has been proven to work.

However, not really arsed to do it DIY and sex is OFF the table. Lol.

Im 33 weeks and I seem to keep changing from wanting things to hurry along to panicking that I havnt much time left to get organised! I like spicy food and sex anyway :haha: so the only thing I will be using is EPO but that doesnt put you into labour just makes things a bit more stretchy down there. I wont use RLT as I have gone at 36 weeks before and I have super quick labours so its not recomended for me. I was told this week that I am meassuring two weeks ahead so if its looking like a giant baby I may just start taking more long walks nearer the time! Both times I went into labour in the morning I had dtd the night before so Im fairly convinced that works.

Everyone is different. You might feel okay at the end:)

I have just over 5 weeks to go and have no intentions of trying anything closer to the time (so far!), mainly because we just got the keys to our new house yesterday and it needs a complete makeover before she comes and my gosh its gunna be a lot of work lol!

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and only using RLT, which only helps speed up labour not make it happen earlier. At 30+ weeks while I was still being sick I wanted baby here as soon as. But now I'm enjoying my little bundle being with me. Yes I'm uncomfortable at times and get quite a bit of pains but still enjoying it. You may be the same and be happy to just wait it out. Xxx

A few weeks ago, I was trying to come up with ways to refuse induction (insulin managed GD), but now, I'm in agony. All I want is for this to be over, so now I just can't wait to be induced. They've offered me the choice of induction/section because I have a sizeable fibroid that could impede baby's progress in labour.

I'm really hoping I don't need the section, but no way will I be arguing off the induction. Walking without crutches would be wonderful.

Thanks for all the replies. As a FTM I think I'm happier that wee one stays in as long as possible as I feel pretty clueless about caring for a newborn. That worries me more than labour, if I'm honest!

heh first time round I only made it to 27 weeks sooo this time I'll go as far as possible thank you very much :thumbup: I'm almost 30 weeks yaaaaaay!

When I made it to 27 I cried tears of relief. I had an ultrasound at 28 week and was told casually by the doctor the baby weighed 2lb10oz. That`s more than double the weight of my first at that same gestation! I started bawling again.

The worried doctor said 'no no maam that`s a good weight!' I replied sobbing

*snif snif* I know *snif* I'm just so *snif* haaaaaappy!!!

He thought I was nuts :haha:

im 36 weeks and have no intentions of doing anything to hurry birth along. even though im in a lot of pain most days i enjoy being pregnant and wanna stay that way for as long as i can. my boy is apparently weighing around 8lbs already and i need to get another growth scan done to confirm it. which means i may be induced at 38 weeks or have a c-section suggested. but if i can go natural and whenever he feels ready to come i would really love that.
i want my damn water birth with disco music playing in the background hahaha.

While I probably wont do anything in particular to hurry baby along, I do hope that he comes earlier rather than later (obviously once he reaches term), partly because I am really uncomfortable already but mostly because I am so anxious that something will happen to him before he gets here and I am constantly worried. I went into labour with my ds at 37+5 so something similar would be good! xxx

I have just over 5 weeks to go and have no intentions of trying anything closer to the time (so far!), mainly because we just got the keys to our new house yesterday and it needs a complete makeover before she comes and my gosh its gunna be a lot of work lol!

I had something similar. We finally received the keys to our house at 35+2 and it basically had bare walls and concrete floors. Thankfully I have great fmaily and friends and we are now just waiting on half a dining room wall to be done and the flooring downstairs (apart from the living room) needs to be put down once the paper is done. The bathroom hasn't been done apart from some cheap flooring and a quick lick of paint to cover the bareness as we want a shower installing and the tiling needs doing but that's not a priority at the moment. Nursrey also needs doing but that will be done after Christmas, he'll be in our room for at least six months so we figured we needed to prioritise. Lol.

Best of luck to you. I wanted it finished before he arrived and I'm grateful that he never came early and doesn't seem to want to move anytime soon. :haha:

I'm 37 weeks today and I'm perfectly content for him to stay in as long as he likes. I'm mildly uncomfortable, moreso at night but I'm not hurrying him. I am drinking RLT to make my contractions more effective when they finally start but it doesn't start anything itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->