32yo TTC #1, looking for a Buddy!

:rofl: OMG thayet! Your mom is the best! That's both hilarious and awesome.

P.S. Who knew people were charting 35 years ago?

I know right? I was telling her about the sperm documentary, and then she came out with that.. it totally blew my mind. My mom is pretty cool.

That's actually one of the reasons I want to ttc now, she was diagnosed with breast cancer last spring. Her treatment is going okay but I really want her around if/when I go through all of this pregnancy stuff!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs: I understand wanting to move forward with TTC sooner rather than later. I am glad that things are going okay with her treatment.

:hugs: glad to hear treatment is going well for your mom :thumbup:. And I hope you get to share many more years with her....I bet she will have plenty of useful tips!

Okay guys.. positive or not positive? This is probably the darkest line I've ever gotten! Combined with ewcm, I think tonight is it!

Ugh.. which means BDing AGAIN... :sleep:

Attachments

• cd13.jpg
    cd13.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
Oh yea thayet! :thumbup:That is the cue! BD today and the next two days at least (easier said than done! I didn't make it lmao...we did it that day and the days leading up to it, every other day) I'm so excited to see that dark line come up for you:happydance:

Oh yea thayet! :thumbup:That is the cue! BD today and the next two days at least (easier said than done! I didn't make it lmao...we did it that day and the days leading up to it, every other day) I'm so excited to see that dark line come up for you:happydance:

ME TOO.. I think I am going to do yoga tonight.. try to be zen-like. After BDing, obviously. DH is watching stupid football!

And hey Lilly, when are you planning on testing? I'm stalking your chart of course :D

Grrrrrr @ testing lol. I JUST posted in my POAS addiction support group :)haha:) that this morning I took a IC AND a OPK and I don't think they could have been any more white (negative). My goal was to actually wait till 10dpo, but that ain't happening lmao Think I'll probably test all the way up to AF.

Grrrrrr @ testing lol. I JUST posted in my POAS addiction support group :)haha:) that this morning I took a IC AND a OPK and I don't think they could have been any more white (negative). My goal was to actually wait till 10dpo, but that ain't happening lmao Think I'll probably test all the way up to AF.

lol @ the POAS support group.. I will be joining that one later this month I think :D Keeping my FX for you, the waiting is just awful, isn't it? It sort of reminds me of the pre-wedding countdown... months and months (18 of them) of waiting, and then BAM it's the week prior and then it's all done! Then you wonder where the hell the last year and half went. :dohh:

I got a very positive OPK today too. Even OH is ready to take a break from :sex: I think. Less EWCM though, so maybe we can be done after today or tomorrow. I also found out my thermometer is completely inaccurate, so I bought a new one. Maybe I can still catch the temperature shift.

Lilly - fingers crossed! Try not to drive yourself crazy with early testing. Easier said than done, I know.

thayet - kind of like the 9month wait to bake our buns...I just know that's going to be the longest wait of my LIFE! lol

txbiscuit - morning hun! I'm trying not to drive myself nuts. :thumbup:
How do you know your thermometer was off? Why does your chart only have dots? I've never seen that before.

I got a very positive OPK today too. Even OH is ready to take a break from :sex: I think. Less EWCM though, so maybe we can be done after today or tomorrow. I also found out my thermometer is completely inaccurate, so I bought a new one. Maybe I can still catch the temperature shift.

txbiscuit: YAY for pos OPK! I'd stick with your current thermometer for the rest of this cycle, though. Even if it's inaccurate, at least it will be the SAME inaccuracy and remain consistent. It doesn't really matter what your actual temperature is, just the trend from day to day. Then obvs switch to the new thermometer next cycle (or NOT, after your BFP!) :D

I feel like I'm at work.. all this scientific troubleshooting.. :lol:

And yeah after today I'm done BDing for a while, fertile or not. :sleep:

lmao, thayet that's exactly how I felt....I was like that better have worked because I am done! I never got EWCM (that I noticed) so I think it may have been difficult for the spermies this cycle. But next cylce I'm going to use the 2 finger method we discussed :blush: to be sure. Especially since OH says we can't use preseed for 3 months :sulk:

My old thermometer is giving different readings (as different as 2-3 degrees) even if I take my temperature three times in a row. When I realized this was happening, I got frustrated with the whole situation and set all of my temps this month to "ignore." So that's why there are just dots on my chart. :blush: I probably overreacted a little. Maybe I will temp with the old one and use the new one as a backup until next month. (Or BFP. I like your thinking thayet!)

Today is the last day of BD for me. Maybe if I get a wild hare to do it Tuesday we will, but that's seeming really unlikely at the moment.

lmao, thayet that's exactly how I felt....I was like that better have worked because I am done! I never got EWCM (that I noticed) so I think it may have been difficult for the spermies this cycle. But next cylce I'm going to use the 2 finger method we discussed :blush: to be sure. Especially since OH says we can't use preseed for 3 months :sulk:

Really? 3 months? That's being sort of a spoilsport :cry:

Yeah the ewcm is only detectable for me if I go looking for it, so you could have the same issue. I don't know who has it just appear magically but I am not one of those ladies!

@txbiscuit: I noticed that if I didn't think my temp was all that accurate, a repeat temp was hardly ever the exact same. It always varied by 0.1-0.2 degrees. So yeah.. it's hard to know exactly how accurate your thermometer is, or if it's your bbt that's varying!

Taking a break from cleaning:dishes::laundry: to check on you ladies. (actually OH is doing the dishes haha)

txbiscuit - hmmm interesting...don't know what I would have done...but I think thayet is right...finish up this cycle with that one then start a new, if it's not too late Ms. Over-react lol

thayet - I know right! My thinking is increase our chances as much as possible from the start, but he wants to do things "naturally" for awhile. BLAH! lol

Hi Lilly! I just took a pretty long nap, and now I'm about to do some cleaning and cooking myself. OH was not feeling well, so I used that as an excuse to be lazy. :) I feel like I didn't quite accomplish enough this weekend. The nap was lovely, though.

That's a bummer about the preseed. Maybe you have enough EWCM, but it's out of reach? Fingers crossed.

Hi Lilly! I just took a pretty long nap, and now I'm about to do some cleaning and cooking myself. OH was not feeling well, so I used that as an excuse to be lazy. :) I feel like I didn't quite accomplish enough this weekend. The nap was lovely, though.

That's a bummer about the preseed. Maybe you have enough EWCM, but it's out of reach? Fingers crossed.

Hi ladies - haha I was cleaning too (and making dinner).. now waiting for DH to be done with football already so we can get in one last BD session! Looks like my LH surge is done already, I did one last OPK and it was pretty negative half an hour ago. I guess it really does come and go in less than 24 hours! Also fighting off what feels like a cold - perfect way to start the work week :roll:

thayet - I know right! My thinking is increase our chances as much as possible from the start, but he wants to do things "naturally" for awhile. BLAH! lol

Interesting that his take on "naturally" means NO intervention whatsoever. MY take on "naturally" is no MEDICAL intervention.. so things like preseed, acupuncture, vitamins, etc. don't count. Isn't that convenient?? ;) If this all doesn't work, we have to sit down and figure out if we want to go out of our way to make it happen (IUI, IVF, etc).. but to me, this sort of thing is just optimizing conditions.

You could try that logic on him to see if it works :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->