32yo TTC #1, looking for a Buddy!

I should probably get off the internets too... Have a great night everybody!

P.S. I may or may not have just purchased some OPKs at the grocery store. You know, for science.

:haha::rofl:

I may have or may not have tested and got a BFN :shhh:

I should probably get off the internets too... Have a great night everybody!

P.S. I may or may not have just purchased some OPKs at the grocery store. You know, for science.

:haha::rofl:

I may have or may not have tested and got a BFN :shhh:

@txbiscuit: well, if it's for SCIENCE.. surely it's okay. I basically view this entire process as one giant science experiment. I do science for a living, so this makes it awesome :)

@LillyTame: at 6 dpo of COURSE IT IS.. give it another couple days and we'll see. :dust:
I don't blame you though, the waiting is harddddd...

I agree with Thayet, Lilly. 7dpo is too early to tell. Plus, it was the end of the day. You're not out yet.

I was a bit bummed last night when I got a negative OPK, but then I got a positive this morning. Fingers crossed we catch an egg!

How's everyone's weekend so far?

Oh I know it's too early ladies...I was just itching to take one :blush: :dohh:

thayet - speaking of science experiements...OH and I are a mixed race couple...I asked him one day what did he think our kids would look like...first thing out of his mouth "a science project"!

txbiscuit - it's a dark line? Mine had to build up for a few days...getting just the tiniest bit darker each day and then I got my positive. Wow, if it's that dark already...great timing! :thumbup:

I ended up getting 2 days of positive and like a light switch it was turned off by the evening of the last day.

P.S. Yes I'm one of those crazy women that save their sticks to compare to the previous ones! All the women are doing it! (in my teenager voice) BUT one cycle! Once I get the information out of them that I need, they are gone.

Haha Lilly... After the third time I pulled the tests out of the trash to compare them, I decided to keep mine too. :haha: Just for the month, though; they're not going in a scrapbook or anything. :blush:

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/IMG_1387_zps90f9f419.jpg

The bottom one was from last night, the top one was from this morning. It's a marginal positive, but my temps stayed low and (tmi) I still have EWCM, so I'm hopeful it's a good one. It's hard to know since I started trying OPKs mid-cycle. This morning, I dry heaved at the smell of a banana and cried during a Red Cross commercial, so I think my hormones are kicking into gear at least. :haha:

The bottom one was from last night, the top one was from this morning. It's a marginal positive, but my temps stayed low and (tmi) I still have EWCM, so I'm hopeful it's a good one. It's hard to know since I started trying OPKs mid-cycle. This morning, I dry heaved at the smell of a banana and cried during a Red Cross commercial, so I think my hormones are kicking into gear at least. :haha:

Okay so I keep mine too.. but I NEVER get any that look even remotely positive. Sort of weird. However, today... wait for it... ewcm! AND a temp drop! So maybe we are onto something here. :)

@Lilly: haha your OH's response is perfect - I happen to think that the less alike two parents look, the better the resultant children look. Something to do with those hybrid genetic profiles!

@txbiscuit: So maybe we're ovulating at the same time?? DH and I did the deed last night (sorry) but I'm thinking maybe again today just to be sure. And of course, I'm going to POAS a billion times today. :blush:

Oh well okay here's mine. I test twice a day, and keep whatever one looks the darkest... :lol:

Attachments

• opks cycle 2.jpg
    opks cycle 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3

Okay so I keep mine too.. but I NEVER get any that look even remotely positive. Sort of weird. However, today... wait for it... ewcm! AND a temp drop! So maybe we are onto something here. :)

@Lilly: haha your OH's response is perfect - I happen to think that the less alike two parents look, the better the resultant children look. Something to do with those hybrid genetic profiles!

@txbiscuit: So maybe we're ovulating at the same time?? DH and I did the deed last night (sorry) but I'm thinking maybe again today just to be sure. And of course, I'm going to POAS a billion times today. :blush:

I think your last two tests look pretty good! I think we are going to BD today and tomorrow too, just in case. :blush:

And Lilly, I agree. I bet your baby will be gorgeous!

Woohoo ladies! I say let the :sex: begin! :thumbup:

txbiscuit - Your CM and OPK seem right on target! And thanks, also OH is 6'5" and I'm only 5'5"...hoping they get his height!

thayet - did you make that tracking sheet yourself? What a great idea! So organized :thumbup: FX'd for darker lines soon. With the plan I went with...I didn't even start taking the OPKs till CD10...which was probably good so I wasn't waiting too long for the change. But we were supposed to start DTD every other day starting CD8. Even if I don't "feel" like this is my month, I sure hope it is. FX'd! And then I can say you HAVE to try this plan :haha:

With the plan I went with...I didn't even start taking the OPKs till CD10...which was probably good so I wasn't waiting too long for the change. But we were supposed to start DTD every other day starting CD8. Even if I don't "feel" like this is my month, I sure hope it is. FX'd! And then I can say you HAVE to try this plan :haha:

Yeah I made the tracking sheet.. I spend a lot of time in Excel, so it was sort of my first thought. :haha:

Is the famous SMEP? We're already BDing every other day, but what else is part of it? Maybe I'll join in!

Yep...good old SMEP:

Short Version:

"Try" every other night starting Day 8 (CD8)
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10 (CD10)
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"

Honestly, I wasn't able to follow all the BD'ing :blush:, I just don't have that kind of drive! We usually only BD 2-3 times a month and with this it was 4 times in one week!

Yep...good old SMEP:

Short Version:

"Try" every other night starting Day 8 (CD8)
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10 (CD10)
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"

Honestly, I wasn't able to follow all the BD'ing :blush:, I just don't have that kind of drive! We usually only BD 2-3 times a month and with this it was 4 times in one week!

Yeah it is a lot of BDing.. but luckily I don't find it as bad as before. I find that the bcp's really made me not want to, so DH is actually happier lately!

It seems like that's pretty much what I'm already doing - maybe I will crash your SMEP thread too! :thumbup:

I will try SMEP next month, I think, if we don't get a BFP this month. I agree that it sounds like an awful lot of :sex: My drive has improved since going off birth control pills, but not *that* much.

Yea i felt an increase too after stopping depo...it was like whoa....i have feeling down there lmao

LOL, I know what you mean.

I think I may have a POAS problem... I peed on three OPKs today. I knew this would happen. :dohh:

LOL, I know what you mean.

I think I may have a POAS problem... I peed on three OPKs today. I knew this would happen. :dohh:

:haha: join the club! I limit myself to two a day, 12 hours apart.. I figure that covers the spread.

Getting a tiny bit tired of all this BDing I must say :sleep:

Haha, yes, I know how you feel. I was just thinking that I hope my temperature goes up the next two days so I can take a couple days off from BD. I mean, it's fun and all, but sometimes I just need a nap.

OMG! I love you guys! lmao! So glad to hear you guys need a break from BDing! :haha: It has to be the age difference...but in my other threads the ladies are all for BDing so much (they are like 23-28), I'm like I don't have the stamina! I need a break! lmao

Haha, yes, I know how you feel. I was just thinking that I hope my temperature goes up the next two days so I can take a couple days off from BD. I mean, it's fun and all, but sometimes I just need a nap.

From the looks of your chart, you might be getting a break soon! You know what, I just talked to my mom today.. turns out she did the whole bbt/charting thing THIRTY FIVE YEARS AGO with me and my older brother. She used graph paper! And of course, it took her exactly ONE CYCLE to get preggo with both him and me. Figures, right? When I told her there's an app for that now, she just laughed and said "See, your mom is ahead of the times!" Never ceases to amaze me.

Then I asked "Well what about younger bro?" and she was like "well obviously he was an accident"... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->