32yo TTC #1, looking for a Buddy!

thayet - I know right! My thinking is increase our chances as much as possible from the start, but he wants to do things "naturally" for awhile. BLAH! lol

Interesting that his take on "naturally" means NO intervention whatsoever. MY take on "naturally" is no MEDICAL intervention.. so things like preseed, acupuncture, vitamins, etc. don't count. Isn't that convenient?? ;) If this all doesn't work, we have to sit down and figure out if we want to go out of our way to make it happen (IUI, IVF, etc).. but to me, this sort of thing is just optimizing conditions.

You could try that logic on him to see if it works :winkwink:

I like this take on things! I say go for it and let us know what he says. If nothing else, preseed can help make things more enjoyable.

Have you guys watched or read anything good lately about pregnancy/TTC besides the Great Sperm Race? I've been obsessing (just a little...), but most of what I've found tends to be focused more on giving birth (not that this has stopped me from watching!).

Eh, it's ok. I wont push it....YET! lol It IS still pretty early. :coffee:

I haven't read or seen anything else...I've been meaning to look up books or documentaries but after finishing course work for the day...I don't wanna read a book! lol I'm taking a history and english course this semester...so heavy on the reading.

Oh gosh! I don't blame you. I don't think I read a single book that want required my last semester of college. I was working full time, and the idea of anything extra just seemed exhausting. What are you studying?

Yep and I AM working full time too! I'm getting a basic liberal arts degree with a certificate in business. I want to own my own pet store...not sell pets, just supplies. More of a pet boutique, so I need business foundation to start and will continue as needed. :thumbup: Really hope this works out for me...tired of nursing. Tired of working for someone else.

Yep and I AM working full time too! I'm getting a basic liberal arts degree with a certificate in business. I want to own my own pet store...not sell pets, just supplies. More of a pet boutique, so I need business foundation to start and will continue as needed. :thumbup: Really hope this works out for me...tired of nursing. Tired of working for someone else.

How fun! We love our local pet store, we take Molly there all the time (and end up spending wayyy too much money there).

@txbiscuit: I did find this documentary that you could watch. There isn't a whole lot on just conception out there, more books and stuff. :)

Oh wow! I love pet boutiques. What a great idea! People love to spend money on their pets (well, I do, anyway.)

I'll definitely check out that documentary thayet. Nova is always interesting.

How's everyone's Monday going? As busy as mine?

Oh wow! I love pet boutiques. What a great idea! People love to spend money on their pets (well, I do, anyway.)

I'll definitely check out that documentary thayet. Nova is always interesting.

Mine was busy earlier but not as much right now.. lots of time to chart stalk. :winkwink: That's a nice temp increase you have there! Mine rises so slowwwly. Finally broke down and bought prenatal vitamins yesterday, too! Damn things are expensive.

How fun! We love our local pet store, we take Molly there all the time (and end up spending wayyy too much money there).

Yes I spend lots of money on my girls too! I want to specialize in cards from or to the pet and then in cat clothes :blush: Some of us nut cases like to dress up our cats too! And it's hard when there is only dog clothes out there...I don't want bones on my girlies dresses! lmao

txbiscuit - Thank you! And I look at your chart and go "wth?" lmao then i remember the whole inaccuracy issue lol.

Monday + back to work + me = :sad2: lol No, everything is good so far, looks like it might be a quiet day.

The big news for me today in the TTC world is I got a HUGE temp dip! No spotting or anything (yet) and since the middle of the night I've felt the slightest pinch on my left side....same side I OV'd on. When I got up to pee at 2am I thought to myself...oh lil bean is trying to get comfy...and then this morning I got the dip! I'm hoping it's not just a fluke or AF coming early. I was reading up on it of course and basically 11% of women do get the dip but aren't preggers but 23% that do get it are. So FX'd that I'm in the 23%.

So I've been testing since 6dpo:blush: :dohh: But with this huge dip I didn't test today and I'm going to try not to test till Wednesday...even though one article actually said I could probably test today! But another article said it takes 2-4 days for the hcg levels to build up enough in the bladder (or kidneys, don't remember, but probably kidneys) to detect. Geesh...I feel like I'M writing a book! So long story short, gonna try my best not to test till Wednesday.

I tend to re-look up each phase in the cycle as I get to it, even though I may have read about it previously. Do you guys do the same thing? Or do you feel confident after reading over the info the first time?

I tend to re-look up each phase in the cycle as I get to it, even though I may have read about it previously. Do you guys do the same thing? Or do you feel confident after reading over the info the first time?

Not until Wednesday? Such willpower! :thumbup:

To be honest, I read so much about the ttc stuff that I have information overload right now. I know what's going on (hopefully!) but it's just the waiting that's getting to me. Plus, I did a *lot* of school, so the whole reproductive cycle is engraved on my brain already :haha: I do obsessively chart-stalk other people, though, and look at charts on FertilityFriend! The "find charts like yours" button is EVIL...

I wanted to use the find charts like yours option but I don't have a membership yet. Can't make up my mind if I want/need one. Maybe next cycle.

I wanted to use the find charts like yours option but I don't have a membership yet. Can't make up my mind if I want/need one. Maybe next cycle.

You don't need to pay for that - just click on 'charts' on the lefthand side under galleries, and then click 'find charts like yours'. The only thing that VIP members can do that's extra is search by specific criteria like meds. You can still find charts that match yours in terms of cycle length, O date, age, etc.

Ah, good to know about searching charts like mine. I have a one month trial VIP membership, but I want to wait and see whether I want to continue it.

I can only be semi-excited about my temp spike. I'm pretty sure the thermometer is inaccurate, and OH was tossing and turning all night (he's sick) so I didn't get a great night's sleep. But maybe it's real!

Cats in clothes are one of my favorite things. My desktop background is a cat in a scarf. I think if I had a cat, I'd want to dress him up in a little sailor suit all the time, so it's probably a good thing I don't have one.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday Lilly! Thayet, do you think you're in the TWW yet? I'm nervous that if I didn't really ovulate yesterday/last night, my luteal phase won't be long enough, since my cycle is usually 27 days.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday Lilly! Thayet, do you think you're in the TWW yet? I'm nervous that if I didn't really ovulate yesterday/last night, my luteal phase won't be long enough, since my cycle is usually 27 days.

FX over here too for Lilly and Snackimals :)

I don't know - I'm going to say yes, because my cm changed to watery today. FF won't confirm it until you get three consecutive days of increased temps, though. I have no idea what to expect in terms of cycle length - if things sorted themselves out after the BCPs, then I should be looking at Jan 28-29th for AF to arrive (or not) if everything is average.

I think my plan of attack this month is just to watch my temps, and after O is confirmed, test at (no earlier!) than 10 dpo :)

You don't need to pay for that - just click on 'charts' on the lefthand side under galleries, and then click 'find charts like yours'. The only thing that VIP members can do that's extra is search by specific criteria like meds. You can still find charts that match yours in terms of cycle length, O date, age, etc.

I thought that's what I tried but it wouldn't let me...I will try again, maybe I did put something too specific.

P.S. if you make it to 10dpo - I will have to find a way to send you a present/gift/ or cookie! lol

txbiscuit - I HAVE a pic of my cat in a sailor costume! But just the hat and a collar around her neck.

Top of pages 1 and 5 of my pets thread...check it out if you want to see my cutie pies dressed up! lol

Ugh :cry: This poor girl (26) that is seen in the clinic where I work has had a miscarriage over the weekend and my two coworkers are discussing it and it is just making me cringe! It's like someone is draggin their nails across a chalk board.

Anyway, I wasn't very fond of the young lady, but I feel for her. And someone mentioned that "she really wanted this pregnancy". If there is one level that we (women) are all equal on, despite our dislikes for each other, this is it.

(Hope you guys don't mind me sharing, don't want to be a downer. I just couldn't get over that feeling I felt.)

Oh, how sad. :nope: I definitely don't mind you sharing. Hearing about someone's miscarriage would make my heart break a little too. We all just want happy and healthy babies.

Ugh :cry: This poor girl (26) that is seen in the clinic where I work has had a miscarriage over the weekend and my two coworkers are discussing it and it is just making me cringe! It's like someone is draggin their nails across a chalk board.

Anyway, I wasn't very fond of the young lady, but I feel for her. And someone mentioned that "she really wanted this pregnancy". If there is one level that we (women) are all equal on, despite our dislikes for each other, this is it.

(Hope you guys don't mind me sharing, don't want to be a downer. I just couldn't get over that feeling I felt.)

No not at all - there are very few things I wouldn't wish on anyone, and a miscarriage is one of them. There are certainly people who I think shouldn't be procreating (that Honey Boo Boo show, anyone? sheesh) but to lose a baby early is something nobody should have to deal with. At least she is relatively young, and probably will be able to get pregnant again.

It seems like GETTING pregnant isn't so much the issue with most of us.. It's STAYING pregnant! One poster said that the TWW is nothing compared to the 12 week wait.. :dohh:

It seems like GETTING pregnant isn't so much the issue with most of us.. It's STAYING pregnant! One poster said that the TWW is nothing compared to the 12 week wait.. :dohh:

Oh goodness yes. Spoiler alert: If and when I get my BFP, I will be completely nuts for the next 10 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->