35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Skye I just saw your pics above. Gorgeous girl!!! And as Chris said, such a sweet pic of the two of you! LOVE!!

Hope you are feeling well, Mama!

On my phone, sorry it has been so long since my last post!!

Chris, Beth, and Skye, hello to all the preggers and sorry for all the misery. It's such a mixed blessing sometimes. Huge hugs to all!!

Steph, good to hear all is well. I'm glad u made it to Colorado, but can't imagine a 20hr car ride!! You are brave!!

Angela, you sound well, did u survive the Atlanta weather catastrophe???

I am well, adjusting to new job and just starting to feel a sense of routine. I'll expand later on job when I have my iPad charged. But it's getting better, rough adjustment at first.

I have started swimming wih the masters swim club up here and loving that. We have a lot of snow this year, great for skiers but over it just about now.

Got some bad news this morning, one of my best friends who lives in Salt Lake City and has a three year old ha been diAgnosed with breast cancer. Given her mom died of it and her sister has had it, she's opted for a double masectomy next wednesdsy. I am sad and scared. She's very up beat and she has a really good chance of full recovery but I'm still processing the news. Then another friend just texted and he just lost his job. Sorry, know I haven't posted in forever and hear I am Debbie downer! Just needed to vent to process.

Love you all, know I think of you often, will try and post more!

Xoxo Anna

Hi ladies!

Whew, looks like we have all been crazy busy lately! A month here with no posts?! I'm the worst of the lot, LOL!

A quick update on us - we've had a LOT of colds, as well as that nasty stomach bug, since the first of the year. But I'm praying for brighter days ahead! I started using some essential oils (has anyone tried this?) and I am really liking them so far. I will let you know how that works out!

Ethan turned 3 this past Saturday. Can't believe it!! We had an AWESOME party at Monkey Joe's (a place that has a lot of those indoor bounce house things) and had about 28 kids, plus parents. It was super fun, and I will attach a couple pics, if I can. Can't believe my sweet boy is THREE?!?!?!? He's been very content in his crib, but we will be converting it to a toddler bed here pretty soon. Just need to get all the furniture bolted down, and we got the kits to do that a couple weeks ago. So I think that will be a fun change for him. We will also be hitting the potty training pretty seriously over the next few months, because it's time (and he HAS to be trained by Sept when school starts back!). Pray for me. So far, he's pretty uninterested in it! Y'all let me know what strategies have worked for you!?

Reece is doing great and is, as one of our friends described him Saturday, a "moose." He is HUGE. He's almost as big as Ethan (both height and weight) and they are almost 2 years apart?!?!? My husband can't tell whose clothes are whose anymore!? Too funny. So, I figure by the fall or so, they'll be roughly the same size and wearing the same clothes. That will be nice!

Registration for preschool next year came up and we are very pleased with our selections and classes. So that is a huge relief, and I think Reece will really enjoy the time out of the house. Ethan LOVES school so I know he will be happy.

We also bought some aquarium season passes, so we will have that as an option any time, and I want to get some zoo ones as well. Ethan loves to go see the "fishes" and "an-mals" as he calls them :)

Meanwhile, how is everyone? How are all our preggos doing/feeling? Not too much longer! Anna, I am so sorry about your friend's diagnosis. Cancer just sucks. Really, really sucks.

Steph, happy six months to Madelyn!

Okay girls, everyone let us know how things are going. Miss you ladies and love you! I gotta run fold laundry (there is ALWAYS MORE LAUNDRY. HOW???!!!??) LOL!

<3

Okay, so I just figured out that all my birthday photos are too large (file size) to be uploaded here without me resizing them one by one. I will post pics soon!

<3 you ladies!

Well hello ladies -- it has been forever since I posted! Glad you are all doing well (albeit busy). And I'm looking forward to hearing about all the new babies on the way!

Angela - I don't know how you hold it together with both kids all day. You are a saint. And good luck with the potty-training. I understand it takes a bit longer with boys.

Anna - congratulations on the new job. How is Joe and have you been on any adventures lately?

Steph - how is life with two kiddos?

Not much going on with me. Work has been absolutely crazy. Life at home is getting a bit easier as Cole turned one at the end of February and Violet is now potty-trained, although she does have "accidents" now and then. Cole has been walking for a few weeks and the kids are just starting to play together. We have had our share of colds these last few months. Back in October both kids had the croup and Cole ended up having a febrile seizure as his temperature sky-rocketed to 105.5. He is totally fine and no damage done but we ended up spending the night in the hospital. It was really scary but we now know what to do if it ever happens again.

I don't know about you all but I am ready for some spring weather. It doesn't usually get too bad here in the winter but we had a good amount of snow and rain in Feburary and the beginning of this month. Plus a big rock-slide on the highwat between my office and my house!

We are still waiting to hear whether Violet gets into our local Montessori preschool but I think we have an excellent chance. I know she will love it as I think she is getting a little bored being at home, especially because of Cole's nap schedule, etc.

I'm feeling pretty good these days but still need to get more exercise. I think the warmer weather will motivate me more (I hope)!

Hugs and kisses to everyone and can't wait to hear what everyone has been up to.

So I was thinking there would be loads of pages that I had missed, lo and behold busy lives and no time to post. Glad I'm not the only one. Quick post now more later on my lunch break.

Hugs to all but just had to share my happy news, for the first time in I can't remember how long Jo slept in her own bed ALL NIGHT LONG WITHOUT WAKING UP!!!! I am amazed and a new person for having gotten a full nights sleep.

Ok I'll write more later...love and miss ya all!!
Anna

Ok I'm back...

Angela, can't believe how big your boys are now. How goes the transition to the big boy bed?? We have been struggeling but now hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Has the weather improved?? Let me know how the potty training goes. Jo initially was doing really well, but now she's lost some interest and we've regressed, lots of accidents.

Plum, so good to hear from you!!!! It's been ages since I've heard from you and I was hoping you were well. Woohoo for potty training success!!! We are well thanks for asking. I hope u guys have some adventures planned for this spring. I hear ya on the exercise front, I have a tar I'm training for in may. It was supposed to motivate me to exercise. Alas I'm woefully behind in my training. Next month and a half I have to kick it into high gear.

AFM, well all is going good. Spring has sprung, some days, still winter other days. Huge amounts of snow this year. But the nice days are good for running outside. Camping season is also upon us and I'm itching to go. Going to an RV salvage yard tomorrow to figure out a bed situation for Jo in our camper. Lots of colds this year in our house as well. Luckily I've managed to miss the worst of it due to copious amounts of ecinacia when I was just starting to feel bad.

Ok gotta run! Hugs to all. It's my Friday so I'll try and check back this weekend.

Anna. Ps typed from my phone..

Hey girls!

Plum! So good to hear from you!! I can totally relate to the kids finally beginning to play together. It helps IMMENSELY when they can begin to entertain each other. Ethan and Reece play together pretty well these days, except that Ethan doesn't want to share ANYTHING. And Reece doesn't take well to being told NO, at ALL. Sigh... but they have their moments and are SO cute together. As for being at home with both - I'm no saint, I promise! LOL! I do hope Violet gets into the preschool you have chosen. Ethan has LOVED school, so much so that if I'd had any idea how well he would take to it, I'd have put him in three days a week this past year (he does two mornings a week now). So next fall, we are putting Ethan in 3x a week (they call it 3 day 3's) and Reece will go 2x a week (because he will be almost two when school begins). His bday is in November, so he misses the Sept 1 cutoff by just about ten weeks. So his program is technically parents' morning out, but it's the same school and same concept as 2yo preschool, just toned down a teeny bit (the age cutoff for his group starts at 20 months, so all the kids are between 20 and 24 months). We also got to put him in a class with another friend of ours, so are very pleased with that, and he will go two of the three days that Ethan goes, so mommy can have ONE morning a week break!! (The other morning, I have a church discipleship group that meets, but at least they will no longer need to go to childcare there). So, I'm THRILLED for that. They definitely get a to an age where they do not want to be in the house all day. And I am just not a natural born teacher... My skill set is more in a different direction, so they will both thrive at the preschool I believe.

We, too have had a loooong winter, and we are all looking fowrad to spring!! SO much sickness (colds, stomach bugs, sinus problems, YUCK!!) in our house and I am SO glad we'll be getting out and about more. We have lots of fun spring and summer activities planned for the kids and with friends, so that should be good. To keep Ethan in the school groove a bit, we will be enrolling him in some local VBS programs and possibly a summer camp or two at his school. Then, we just attended a gymnastics birthday party for one of his classmates, and he LOVED, loved, LOVED bouncing around and playing in the gym (he comes by this honestly - gymnastics was my sport!). So I am thinking of sending him to a gymnastics camp week this summer, and also some classes next fall with one of his buddies from school. We'll see. Meanwhile, we bought some season tix to our local aquarium and Ethan LOVES that. (some of y'all have seen those pix on FB). So we bought a buddy pass too that lets us take another family. YAY for fun outings! Another friend of ours has Zoo passes, so we did that recently and will do a couple more times over the summer. Gotta keep 'em busy! Of our closest friends, one has an awesome, flat backyard with a playhouse/playset. One has an indoor bounce house, and then we have a pool at our place, so we figure we can rotate houses all week and keep the kiddos well-occupied LOL!

Anna, so good to see you on as well!! How is the new job going? I know you love to camp, and will enjoy getting back out!! I'm sorry Jo has been having so much trouble with potty training and sleep, but YAY for a good night's sleep! I can attest to what a difference THAT makes!! <3 We are actually going to switch Ethan to a toddler bed next week. We just need to tie down his furniture before we do, and bought the kits for that recently. I'll keep you posted on how it goes! Then, we will also be beginning potty training in earnest. He HAS to be trained by next Sept or can't go to school... and that means this IS happening LOL! :rofl:

How are all our preggos??

Steph, how are you guys doing? I'm sure it's lot's warmer there. Are y'all all feeling any better? hugs and love!

Beth, I saw your FB post. 85 days!! And Chris and Skye can't be far behind... SO excited for all these new littles on our board soon!

Okay girls, I gotta run for now but promise to be on a bit more going forward. Things are settling a bit now that we are done with Ethan's birthday and past all the holiday crazy.

Love you girls!

A.

Thought I would add a couple recent pics, now that I finally figured out how to resize them! :haha:

Attachments

• Ethan beach.jpg
    Ethan beach.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Reece party.jpg
    Reece party.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4
  • Me and Ethan.jpg
    Me and Ethan.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

I'm back again, can I join in again I know it's been a while and I was so slack with posting?

10 weeks, sick and bored:flower:

Viv!!! Welcome back babe! And preggo!?!? Congratulations!!! We missed you!

How was the wedding?

So sorry for the ms. I know that well. Ugh. Praying it passes soon for you!

SO excited for you Hun!

Hi Viv!!! Congrats on the pregnancy!! That is so excited. I too remember morning (more like all day) sickness very well.

Angela - I love the photos! Ethan is so big and so is Reece! Hopefully everyone is still healthy in your house hold!

Madelyn is 6 months old and I am still in shock that I had a baby 6 months ago. It really doesn't seem that long ago.

Katelyn turns 3 in 3 weeks from today so I am now in bday party planning mode. Trying to make is simple. I rented a bounce house and may get a few additional toys and calling it a day!

How is everyone else doing and the other pregnant ladies??? I miss everyone!!!

Hugs,
Steph

Steph I agree, keep the parties simple, and everyone (especially mommy!) will have more fun! We did the indoor bounce house (because of weather and timing here - March 1 is very unpredictable weather in Atlanta). But ALL the kids loved it and we had so much fun! I'm sure Katie's party will be AWESOME!

Can't believe Madelyn is 6 months already! I have those moments too, where I'm thinking, is Reece really already over a year old??? By the time Ethan was 16 months (like Reece is now), I was well into 2nd tri with Reece. Whew. It goes by so fast!!

WOW so many of you are back!!! :happydance: I am so happy to see this!! Everyone sounds like they are doing well. General consensus we are all sick of winter!!! This has been by far the worst winter I can remember since moving to the East.

Soooooooo I am 33 weeks!!! I am huge and uncomfortable and hating pregnancy just as much as I did the first time round. :wacko::dohh::haha:

The pregnancy itself is going really well. I am just in a lot of hip pain so sleeping is very difficult. I literally wake every 45 min to turn over (which is no easy task). Then there is the heart burn and the 5 pee breaks per night. I am also starting to be ravenous 24/7 and can't sleep from hunger. Good times.

I had an ultrasound last week at 32 weeks because of my age and because at my 20 week I had marginal posterior placenta (previa). Well, the placenta did not migrate like suspected but apparently there is just enough room for a vaginal delivery (4cm). :thumbup: Not that I am thrilled to go through that again, but I am terrified of a C-section so I was quite relieved. Little mister is head down and in position. He has dropped into my pelvis already and his head is smashed against my cervix (ouch!). They tried everything to move him up to measure where my placenta was (double ouch!). I don't know if this means he's coming sooner than later, but I have always had a feeling this whole pregnancy that he'd be coming to the party earlier than his sister (she was 39 weeks 2 days). I finish work on the 17th... so he is not allowed to come before 38 weeks. Momma needs a few days off to herself...

Sophie is doing amazingly! 2 1/2 and just soooo smart it's unreal. I am so in love. We are potty training but really just following her lead. She has been pee pee potty trained since before Christmas (with the occasional mistake), she even stays dry at night most of the time! We just can not for the life of us to get her to poo poo in the potty. It's getting frustrating. I was hoping she'd be out of pull ups before her brother arrives, but it's not looking liking and I'm sure his arrival will further delay the process. I am getting tired of paying for pull ups... but we really only use maybe 2-3 a day. But still!!!

She talks up a storm, but then always has. Must be a girl thing :haha: She's super into counting and has mastered her ABC's. We'll be out shopping and she'll spell out sign names. She's still mixing the two languages (French and English) but seems to know the difference between the two. Thanks to Dora she's even learning some Spanish now! LOL

She seems to be excited for her baby brother to arrive but we'll see. I am talking about it more and more now to get her ready and tell her he's coming soon and is going to sleep in our house. We'll put the crib up this weekend to get her accustomed to the idea as he'll be sleeping in our room and most nights she still comes in to sleep with me at the wee hours... Never figured out had to stop that :wacko:

So that's my life in a nutshell. I am HUGE. I mean, my bump is massive, almost the size I was full term with Soph! I have also already gained as much as I did with Soph and I still have 6-7 weeks to go! Oh boy..... I have to say though, I don't feel I look fat though.... but once this little guy is out I will!

Speaking of which, he still has NO name. My husband and I can not agree on anything. I wanted Noah, he wanted Samuel. Then there was Benjamin but he's always changing his mind. Right now he's liking nothing. I am thinking Maxim or Alexei. We are Ukrainian and I like the Slavic names. Plus they are bilingual (French/English) which for some reason is important to my husband.... Maxim Samuel Martyn or Alexei Samuel Martyn... What do you think? I know Max Martyn sounds a bit weird but I really like the name Max.

Im on my lunch break so just a quick hello and to say how good it is to see you all!! Im a solo mom this week so i have my hands full. Hugs to all and I'll try and write more tonight!!

Ann

Hi, wedding was great I will post photos at some point or you can stalk me on facebook, Vivienne Wood Christchurch.

So many preggers and new babies about it's amazing, congrats to all.

I must admit right now I am hating being pregnant :cry: as you know with a toddler it is so much harder when all you want to do is lie down quietly and die somewhere.
I had it bad last time but I blocked it out, Can't imagine why!!!!!!!

Just praying 12 weeks is the magic mark for me otherwise I don't know what I'll do.:wacko:

I'm on several different drugs to calm the vomitting but the nausea is unreal. Did anyone else use drugs?????

Yes Viv, I did use Zofran the entire pregnancy with both boys!! So never fear! It is SO much harder the second time if you are sick, because you really do need to just rest but of course can't w a toddler running amok. I feel for you. I remember it well!

HUGS!!

Chris, that is so funny about the baby names - we had the same struggle. Neither of my kids was named until the day they kicked us out of the hospital and we HAD to fill out the paperwork LOL!

How neat that your heritage is Ukrainian! Though I hope you don't have family there now that is being affected by all this horrible unrest over there :-( Such a scary situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->