35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Thought Zofran was working but just sick again, cant take too much more of this nausea :cry:

:hugs: I feel for you Viv! I had nausea pretty bad this time round, but not as bad as you where I needed drugs. I hope it passes soon! You need a pregnancy ticker so we can keep track of where you are at!

I found the 2nd pregnancy sooooo much harder. Hang in there!!

Angela- thx for your concerns. I do not have any family in the Ukraine. Not that I am aware of anyway!! We are longtime generation Canadian Ukrainians. My great grandfathers were born there... everyone else was born here. Very scary what is going on agreed!

34 weeks! I have self-diagnosed myself with SPD. :haha: Not funny because I am 99% sure that is what I have been suffering from. It's getting really difficult just to walk now. :(
Been getting a lot of cramping and BH too, but my Doctor checked my cervix yesterday and it's still closed tight. Effaced slightly which apparently is totally normal for the second time round, but not dilated.

I am so hungry all the time now and I hate to say this with Viv reading... but my nausea is back too. Not as horrible as first tri nausea but it's there. Swollen feet and ankles, hot flashes... feeling faint quite often too. I forgot to mention that one to my Doctor yesterday but it seems to come hand in hand with the over heating.

Oh the joys!!

Beth hasn't posted in here in forever!!! Thankfully I have gotten to follow her on FB. She seems to be doing well and as crafty as ever. :haha: Lil Charlie is adorable.

Hi Ladies,

So good to see everyone back!!!

Chris – Hang in there, just a few more weeks to go!!! I was a LOT bigger with Madelyn than I was with Katelyn, however since I only made it 30 weeks with Katelyn once I got past that I had nothing to compare it too. We too were hoping that Katelyn would be fully potty trained by the time that Madelyn came or at least by Christmas…no such luck. Sometimes she just flat out refuses to go to the potty. I ask her if she wants to wear big girl panties and she says “no a diaper”. I did tell her when she turns three no more diapers, that is in two weeks, we shall see. I will say, that after the baby was born there was a bit of regression on the potty training, but not much.

Viv – Your wedding photos were gorgeous (I stalked you on FB LOL). I do understand about the sickness, I was sooooo sick my second pregnancy and felt so bad whenever Katelyn asked me to play with her and I could only just lay on the couch trying not to die. It will get better (but as Chris has alluded to hip pain x10 will be coming, but it is so worth it!!!). I did not do prescription drugs. I did ½ unisom with b12 vitamin. That didn’t work all that great, but I also did the pregnancy pops – those actually did help.

Angela – how is everyone in your house? All well I hope

Anna – So good to hear from you!! How is the new job going?

As for me, went to the dr about a month ago, but my stomach just looked wrong. Apparently, I have diastasis recti – meaning, the walls of my abdomen have stretch so much from pregnancy that they are no longer together and my intestine is poking through. So far no hernia (except for in my belly button –which I also made them check out because it looked crazy), but I have to wear an abdomen support (similar to the one they give you after birth). I went to a sporting good store and bought one that helps you lose weight…might as well do double duty with it LOL!

So, we have been watching Frozen night and day at my house and if we aren’t watching that movie, we are listening to the soundtrack… Madelyn is rolling over and trying to crawl so that is exciting. It still seems unreal how fast the time has gone. Well, I am at work and it is almost time for me to pump (will be glad when I am done doing that! Only 6 more months to go!). Glad folks are back to posting!

Hugs,
Steph

Oooh diastasis. You poor thing. Does it hurt? So what happens next? This support will help it reattach? They give you an abdomen support after birth in the States? We don't get anything. I want to wear a girdle or something after in hopes of squeezing my hips back in place :haha:
Wow, I don't know how you guys do it, pumping at work. I am truly impressed.
So you had the hip pain too? It's soooo awful. Oh well. I complain a lot but at least me and the baby are healthy. Nothing too serious. Just aches and pains.

I can't wait to be done work! All I want to do is sleep!

I think we all need to post some new pictures of our kiddies like Angela did! I want to see everyone.

Chris I had SPD, too... It sucks because there is NOTHING you can really do about it. UGH. Just know that things will get back to normal (though it's not immediate, I'm sorry to say!) after birth. And yeah, the nausea can come back on you toward the end :-(( So sorry! Something about the hormones. But I have heard that from several ppl. BIG hugs! You are almost there!!!

Steph!! Yikes! A friend of mine had that too. I don't know exactly what they do for it besides the support. I am so sorry love!! OW! does it hurt?

Viv I am SO sorry about the nausea. I wish I could snap my fingers and make it go away for you. I am praying for you!! i remember with Reece, I would have to lie down and rest whenever Ethan was napping (which thank God was still 2x a day at that point) and I just felt like crying every time I had to get up and function. It really is hard. But as Steph said, ALL worth it!

Beth is on FB and doing well, and I am SO excited for all these new littles we will have on our board!!! :cloud9:

Skye, hon, how are you doing?

Anna, glad to see you even if a quick post!

Plum, how's everything on your end?

Girls, I'm so glad we are back to posting a bit!! I missed y'all!!

We are well here for the moment. FREEZING cold weather again today - WHERE is spring? LOL! Had lots of fun last week and I will post a better update with more details, but i hear one of my guys on the monitor so had better run.

Love you girls!!

The Diastasis hurts when I roll to my tummy or bump things with my tummy. I also ahve to do Core exercises, but not situps/crunches, because that pushes the abdomen wall out, which is the opposite of what I want to do. I just ordered T25 DVD - 25 minute workouts and I can't wait to start them. It should arrive by Friday! YAY. Hopefully by May I will be somewhat thinner and the hernia in my belly button should have closed up.

Yes, new photos is always good!

Also, you ladies are welcome to So Cal anytime. The sun is actually hiding today, but we should be 80degrees by Saturday.

Steph that is actually quite common I have a friend with it and I now it must be such a pain literally and figuratively. You are so lucky to be able to pump at work, that's why I didn't return as soon cos there is really nowhere at work to pump safely and privately.
Callum won't have a bar of toilet training. He'll sit on the toilet sometimes but prefers the potty.

Chris I don't mind having nausea when the end is so near and you are near. :happydance:I'm sorry you have SPD, I never got it, my only third tri problem was reflux.

AFM: I have so many drugs in me I rattle, all just so I can lie in bed and moan.
Went to Dr today to try something new, they are concerned about my mental health with the MS so are referring me to the same Mothers and Babies unit I was in after I had Callum. I must admit I am very tearful and down at the moment not being able to leave the house and terrified of vomiting.
I am a terrible emetophobe, it is my biggest fear. I reckon if it wasn't for that fear I would be functioning a lot better and coping with the nausea. I have never actually vomited just heaved and heaved probably like normal people have and just get up and get on with it.
I am living on a diet of bananas, toast, yoghurt, apples, I just have so many food aversions and no appetite.
I pray this does go soon, I cannot remember when it left with Callum but I'm sure it was about 12 weeks, but it wasn't as bad. :cry:

Sorry I come back and just moan moan moan:dohh:

Viv moan away! That is what we are here for! To support eachother. Pregnancy isn't all roses that is for sure. MOAN MOAN MOAN!!! I wish I had a magic solution for you. It is such a horrible feeling, nausea and not knowing if you'll vomit or not. Try to stay happy and focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. It will ease up. I had way worse nausea this time round than I did with Sophie and it still ended by 12 weeks.

Like I said before, I have self-diagnosed myself with SPD. lol But really, there is no other explanation for the pain I am feeling. It unfortunately started around 18-20 weeks and has just gotten progressively worse with every week. Which I suppose makes sense given that I am growing in size. :haha:

I am ginormous!!

I hope the other ladies pop in soon. I'd love to hear how Skye is doing. I think we are only a week or two apart and wasn't she pregnant with twins????

Yes Viv please moan all you want! We are here to listen to you whenever you need to! I really hope that your MS goes away very soon. My second pregnancy was a lot harder in terms of being sick. I would have to leave work everyday around 2pm because I was just so sick. It did get better though. It is almost like magic. I finished my 1st trimester and I was better. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Gahhhh crap I just lost a huge post for Viv!! Yeesh! So sorry love and I will repost it tomorrow . Love and prayers for you!

Thanks ladies, just so depressed and down at the moment. Chris and my mum are worried about me and I'm terrified it's not going to go away at twelve weeks. I can't do this for another 6 months I'd rather die:cry:

Aww Viv I'm worried about you now too! I remember what a rough time you went through after Callum was born. Just try try try to focus on all the positive and take as much help/support you can get. There is light at the end of the tunnel! There just has to be! :hugs:

So have pre-natal depression, whoopee!
The earliest appt they could get me at Mothers and babies is in a month! :cry:

My own fault as i halved my meds and was slack in taking them regularly so must blame myself. I have up times and down times every day now. Waiting for the ups to beat the downs.

I stopped the Zofran and took up with cyclizine which is like being stoned would feel I imagine (never tried weed), it works but I can't move, drive, function and forget work. I've been signed off for another month on no pay.

Good grief I went from so happy five weeks ago to hiding in my bedroom 24/7. :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Why is this so hard? I am so angry and disappointed with myself right now as normally I am a strong, focused person, now brought to my knees by a touch of normal morning sickness.:nope:

Anyway depressive rant over, how is everyone else now I've brought us down?:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

The things we do for babies :dohh:

Viv you still ARE that strong person!! Nausea brings me to my knees too!! Vent all you want and need to!!

I too struggle w depression and just began treating mine in November. The meds make a world of difference so talk w your docs about what you can safely take ; don't be off anything that you don't have to !

Today was a bad day I was begging not to be pregnant. Everything upsets me and I so scared of being sick that I don't want to eat or drink.
Poor Chris is raising Callum alone as I just can't care for him.
Why is this so hard, please god let it end soon as I am terrified of being ill for 6 months, I know I won't survive and neither will my marriage :cry:

Oh Viv! I am so sorry. I hope that the rest of your weekend went ok. While I didn't have depression during my pregnancy, I was very sick to the point that I did not do anything. My hubby did most of the things with Katelyn. He bathed her, fed her, got her dressed most days, and played with her. That was on top of keeping her at home with him all day. When she had to go to daycare theo nly thing I did was drive her. We would get home and I would literally lie on the couch and just watch her (I would feed her) until my hubby got home. I promise it will not last the rest of the pregnancy. You will stop being sick and you will get energy and appetite back.

You still are that strong person and you will survive and so will your marriage. Marriage is NEVER 50/50. It is more like 70/30 and sometimes 90/10. Please rant, ping us on BNB and or Facebook if you need to talk, cry, or want a good laugh. I will ping you on FB with my number and we can always chat via messenger on FB.

LOVE YOU!!!!

Awww Viv. I hope things get better for you! Can your doctor not prescribe you something safe for the nausea and depression? You shouldn't have to feel this way.

Viv I agree with Chris and Steph! We are always here!! Just keep communicating. Keep breathing. One day at a time.

What does your dr. say regarding meds? Did they ever try the larger dose (8mg) Zofran for you? How about anti-D's?

I am on anti d's and have been for 20 years, but stupidly as soon as I feel better I cut back on dose which normally is fine but with the morning sickness and stress I went downhill fast. My biggest fear in life is vomiting and I have had numerous counseling sessions and therapy over the years to deal with it. Normally I can keep myself from panicking too much when I feel sick but not when pregnant. I am also a bit of an agorophonbic so I try anything not to leave the house at the moment.

They have upped my anti d's dosage which will kick in soon and I am on Zofran and cyclizine for the nausea, a mild anti anxiety med for that and am getting emergency psych counseling.

It is so embarrassing that I let myself get so low so fast when I know all my triggers so well.

I am feeling better though and can look after Callum a bit better but it'll take time.

Thank you all for the love, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't confide in someone outside my family.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"