35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Hello ladies :hi:

Wondering if I can join you? I was 36 when I had my first and am now 38 and preg with #2.

Hey ladies,

Please can I join you?! Wasn't part of the previous thread as only just joined b&b.

Just turned 37 and due on the 1st Sept with my first!!
Have to confess that it was an accident (a very much wanted accident) we had planned on waiting a month or two, but feel SO lucky and grateful that it happened without a struggle, and also ridiculous for having a slip up at my age!

Anyone else still feel like a teenager and can't quite believe they will be an old Mum...?? never meant to leave it this late but time kind of just crept up on us. So happy but also TERRIFIED and trying to not get too excited til I know will all be ok.

Huge congratulations to all of you!! I feel almost guilty that it was so easy for me to conceive but not through the woods yet so let's wait and see. Really good to find people of a similar age and with the same worries. Had a MC this time last year and have had mild cramping on and off since 4 weeks but trying to relax about it and accept that don't have much control over things at this stage.

So far my boobs are ENORMOUS, none of my bras fit already; am SO thirsty it's ridiculous, and more tired than have ever been in my life. Have to go back to work in a few days and honestly don't know how I will cope. I'm freelance and work short contracts so if I don't work I don't get paid, and if I tell people I'm pregnant the sad truth is I probably won't get much work as the job's really stressful and people are pretty ruthless....

SP xx

Hi Ladies

I am wanting some advice, I went to the docs here today for my first appt and they did my HCG bloods. My levels are 71 which is a little low seeing that my 5 day blastocycsts were transferred on 20th Dec. I also had a very small amount of brown/pink discharge when i wiped yesterday, it really was tiny. I now have to have another blood test done on Wednesday morning but I am worried sick that some thing is not right and I will lose this baby.

Does anyone have any experience of HCG levels?

Thanks so much :hugs:

Hi Carole, I have no clue about HCG levels. Just wanted to show some support!! :hugs: I've seen people post ranges of HCG levels on this board before. I wouldn't worry prematurely. Some peoples HCG levels take longer to increase than others. You could be right on track. Think about how many people don't even get a positive HPT until a week or longer after their missed period?

Hello ladies :hi:

Wondering if I can join you? I was 36 when I had my first and am now 38 and preg with #2.

Welcome!!! :flower:

Hey ladies,

Please can I join you?! Wasn't part of the previous thread as only just joined b&b.

Just turned 37 and due on the 1st Sept with my first!!
Have to confess that it was an accident (a very much wanted accident) we had planned on waiting a month or two, but feel SO lucky and grateful that it happened without a struggle, and also ridiculous for having a slip up at my age!

Anyone else still feel like a teenager and can't quite believe they will be an old Mum...?? never meant to leave it this late but time kind of just crept up on us. So happy but also TERRIFIED and trying to not get too excited til I know will all be ok.

Huge congratulations to all of you!! I feel almost guilty that it was so easy for me to conceive but not through the woods yet so let's wait and see. Really good to find people of a similar age and with the same worries. Had a MC this time last year and have had mild cramping on and off since 4 weeks but trying to relax about it and accept that don't have much control over things at this stage.

So far my boobs are ENORMOUS, none of my bras fit already; am SO thirsty it's ridiculous, and more tired than have ever been in my life. Have to go back to work in a few days and honestly don't know how I will cope. I'm freelance and work short contracts so if I don't work I don't get paid, and if I tell people I'm pregnant the sad truth is I probably won't get much work as the job's really stressful and people are pretty ruthless....

SP xx

Welcome also!! Btw- I TOTALLY feel like a teenager still! LMAO. But I can't wait to be a mom! I just feel like I'll be a young cool mom when in reality I am old.... :wacko:

Welcome Codegirl and Sweet Potato and of course you can join us! We're glad to have you!

Code, I remember you from the March thread. We are almost there! Whee!!!

Sweet Potato - all those symptoms sound perfectly normal! Hang in there, it does get better LOL!

Carole - try not to stress!! From what I recall, the doubling rate of HCG is MUCH more important than the level itself. They look for it to double every 2-3 days, and you will have a much better feel for what's going on when they retest you. Are they also checking your progesterone? Usually that's part of the beta test.

Here is the chart I referred to when I was at the early stages. It gave me a lot of comfort as it shows the wide range of numbers that are possible!

https://www.advancedfertility.com/earlypre.htm

:hugs: to all! I have today off (woohoo!!!!) and will be working around the house to try to get a few things organized to begin the new year right!

Hey Ladies,

Carol, I too had low HCG numbers for how far along they thought I was and I freaked originally. However did some research and the range for number is really big, so don't fret. Also I read that while many believe the numbers should double in 2-3 days in reality many healthy pregnancies only increase 50-60% and it's fine. I had another blood check this AM to make sure my numbers are increasing as they should but i feel pretty confident everything is good. Bouts of nausea and dizziness, sore boobs I feel that the hormones are doing their thing. Don't worry unnecessarily, you are still really early in the pregnancy and plenty of time for numbers to come up, as long as their increasing you should be good. DO you have a second blood draw scheduled to compare numbers?

Welcome to all the new ladies!!!

AFM, had a HORRIBLE night last night. I got a flu shot yesterday per doc instructions, and my body did not react well, fever of 102, aches, chills, and on top of it nausea and heartburn. Must have been one of the worst nights of sleep I've gotten in a long time. I have an acupuncture appt this AM and then I'm going to take a nap and go into work late. Anyone else get a flu shot???? Worried all night I was cooking the baby.

Rottpaw, I am really excited to get the bump!! I know you're struggling, but I can't wait for the mama bump. Hang in there!!

Lucy, Wow you haven't gained much weight at all. Are you showing? I think your about 24 weeks???

Have a good day ladies!!!

Anna

P.S. How much does a stone weight in pounds???

p.s.s. is anyone afraid to poop, afraid that you'll push out the baby? Or am I freak???

Nope, I understand the "poop fear". It can really feel like the baby is going to "pop" right out, specially if you get consipated. My dr reasures me that it won't happen :thumbup:

TMI I know :haha:

p.s.s. is anyone afraid to poop, afraid that you'll push out the baby? Or am I freak???

LOL you are not a freak! I think everyone worries about that at first! I worried for weeks, and then about 6-10 weeks on our March thread, most of us started to struggle with constipation and hearing everyone's stories made me feel much better! :blush:

And you'll have your baby bump in no time! I love having the bump and knowing baby is right there. So precious! I just wish there was more room for my stomach in there, so I could eat without so much heartburn. About the time appetite returns, heartburn and reflux kick in. Always something to look forward to!

I am sorry you had such a bad night! You will adjust as you go along - it's amazing how little sleep we can function on when we have to. I hope you rest better tonight. There is a wonderful "honeymoon" period in 2nd tri where you'll feel great, eat well and sleep well, so try to keep that goal in mind!

So today I am washing and putting away all the baby gear (mostly clothes - soooooo cute!!) that our family got the baby for Christmas. Everything is so tiny and adorable! Even hubby was marveling at how little everything is - he helped fold a load of clothes yesterday. Well, I say he helped. He stacked them, not so much folded LOL. Think he can't figure out how in the world to fold things so tiny! :haha:

PS Anna so sorry about the bad reaction to the flu shot, but my doc made me get one too and said it is definitely safer to get it... the flu is picking up speed here in the States. My sister and her husband were down with it all last week. I feel at least a little better knowing I've had the shot and hope I can avoid it the rest of the pregnancy!

Hi, Pablo you make me laugh, although I was afraid to strain too hard in the beginning too! A stone is 14 pounds by the way. I still am 2 pounds less now than when I did first get pregnant but I definately have an obvious bump now, seems to be growing fast! :flower:

I have to say Rottpaw I am still waiting for the wonderful honeymoon period to kick in. I am still so tired all the time, and so over emotional and get annoyed so easily. I am also really fed up with having to go to work as it is 10 times harder than usual, and no-one makes allowances for you because you are pregnant and knackered, it winds me up. Sorry rant over. Of course I am delighted to be so far along and getting near V day, but I do not feel blooming and if I do not bloom soon I probably won't :wacko:

The heartburn is starting to kick in now, but I have been lucky, no bad constipation since about 10 weeks!:happydance:

Hi Lucy,

I remember you said you still aren't getting the burst of energy that is more typical of 2nd tri. Have they checked your iron levels? The fatigue really did drop off for me and most of those I've spoken with by around 20 weeks, although it does return in third tri. But if you are still feeling so exhausted please make sure they are watching your iron level. I know some folks on these boards that have learned they were anemic after experiencing a lot of fatigue. I hope it gets better for you very soon!

The 2nd tri was my most productive period. Unfortunately but expectedly, I'm starting to find I just can't do as much now that I am 30 weeks. Today I've been home and working on some chores I want to get done before the workweek starts, and I'm having to take frequent breaks in between doing things. Just haven't got the energy to go all day around the house like I usually can.

I definitely understand the misery of continuing to work when you're so tired. There were days I literally cried at the prospect of getting up and dragging myself into work and trying to be productive and emotionally stable in front of coworkers. I really, really hope you get a break in the symptoms soon!

Thanks Rottpaw, I am seeing the midwife next week so I will tell her how I am feeling and see what she says. I am able to pretend I am fine at work mostly, and my OH is used to my crazy tears and mood swings now poor guy lol:wacko:

thanks ladies for making me feel normal ( the poop thing ). Constipation hasn't been that bad but i've been drinking cherry juice and I think it's helping. Aupuncturist said it helps the blood so I have a glass a day and things have been moving.

Rottpaw, love that you are getting the nursery together and clothes ready!! You are so close!! Will you work up until ur due date?

the work thing has been weighing heavily on my mind. I run a t shirt shop so i'm on my feet a lot, like 8 hours a day . lm also trying to save up enough $$ to take a year off after baby. So I need to work for as long as I can but wondering how that's going to happen.

lucy, I hope the second tri energy boost kicks in soon!!!

AFM, feeling MUCH betterr today! Like a whole new person. I am a bit nervous as I get blood results back today for final test of HCG. I feel pretty positive that all is well, but there's always this little voice in the back of your head that says what if . . . . Anyway my mom has her lumpectomy tomorrow for the breast cancer so that helps eep things in perspective.

finally, DH and I have always been pretty active in the bedroom but sice I told him I am pregnant nothing, zilch, nada. Anyone else have this problem? I'm game but hasn't made a move. Could he think you can't have sex while pregnant? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

have a good one!
anna

Hi Anna, did have this problem too, at first I was too ill and tired to even think of sex, but when I felt better I had no mojo, and he was worried about doing it with a baby in there. Gradually my mojo is returning and I am able to instigate things, he didn't say no! I think it's normal for sex to go off the boil, we are not doing it much at all, and when you start to get bigger, you have to change the way you do things too! I would just jump on him and see what happens! :blush:

Also thanks, I was back at work today and felt fine, clear headed and quite energetic...maybe the glowing bit has begun! :happydance:

:img: Hello Ladies - just popped in to see what it would look like if I ever get to come over here!! :howdy: I'll get back where I belong now!! xxx

:hugs: awwwwwwwwww twinkle!!!! you are too cute. Hope you get to join us soon!

Anna- I have actually refused sex with my husband since I got my BFP. :shy:
I have just been too scared and having sex can cause spotting and I am just not emotionally stable enough right now to deal with that :rofl: Soon though! soon! I am craaaaaaaaaaaaazy horny if I can be so candor. I watched the season premier of the Bachelor last night and OMIGOD when he took his shirt off I nearly died. :dohh: I actually dreamnt last night I was on a date with him. I think I need to get some nookie. I am waiting to see my doctor next Thursday to get her blessing. I know sex can't cause a mc but last time I was pregnant my spotting started one morning we had sex so I am little 'puck' shy so to speak.

Svet, LOL!! I'm horny too!:sex: Think i will try Lucy's idea and jump DH. I've been lucky with no spotting, but this morning I nearly freaked when I felt a wave of moisture "down there". Just discharge, but my heart sank until I could get to a bathroom. I get the fear you're going through, I think we all do as this journey has been so hard so far. We just don't want to do anything that might jeopardize things.

I had a dream last night too but it was about a little girl who was playing in a bucket of snakes. I know sounds twisted but I wonder if the bucket of snakes were all the sperm last cycle, and the little girl is the one I'm carrying??? Where's Skye when you need her???

Lucy, I'm glad your feeling better. I hope it continues.

I feel 100% tonight but totally bloated after dinner. It's funny how much time i have to write at night now that evenings don't include cocktails!:wine:

Have a good one!!
Anna

P.S. Twinkle, you're welcome anytime and i know you will be here soon!!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->