35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

PS Lynn, happy shopping!! I need a few more things here lately because I'm outgrowing some of the stuff I have, but hubby will freak if I spend anything this close to the holidays! :rofl:

Hi There - hoping I can join you in this thread. I was just a newbie in the 35+ TTC#1 thread and found out 4 days that ago, that we're expecting. Not that the BFP happened overnight. This was our month 20 TTC and we were getting pretty discouraged. So we are just over the moon, while at the same time being cautious cause it's so early.

I had my first doctor's appointment today and she was walking me through the first trimester...what to expect, when to do what, and then she sprung up all the testing that is recommended for all of us over 35 because of the higher risks. I didn't like it - it kind of freaked me out in all honesty. :huh: It's probably just part of her "job" though to talk about all of this with her patients.

Well, look forward to getting to know you. Are any of you this early as well? I'm 4 wks and 4 days. Off to go find a baby ticker :happydance:

Hi Hope and you are definitely welcome! Congrats on your BFP and come on in and join us!

We declined the 12 week testing just because we were not comfortable with it, but you'll have some time to consider which if any of those tests you want to do.

Happy weekend!

thanks for the welcome! :winkwink: testing my ticker...

Hi There - hoping I can join you in this thread. I was just a newbie in the 35+ TTC#1 thread and found out 4 days that ago, that we're expecting. Not that the BFP happened overnight. This was our month 20 TTC and we were getting pretty discouraged. So we are just over the moon, while at the same time being cautious cause it's so early.

I had my first doctor's appointment today and she was walking me through the first trimester...what to expect, when to do what, and then she sprung up all the testing that is recommended for all of us over 35 because of the higher risks. I didn't like it - it kind of freaked me out in all honesty. :huh: It's probably just part of her "job" though to talk about all of this with her patients.

Well, look forward to getting to know you. Are any of you this early as well? I'm 4 wks and 4 days. Off to go find a baby ticker :happydance:

Hi Hope, welcome & congratulations on your :bfp::happydance:

I'm the same date as you, it's very exciting but scary too, hubby & I have already decided against CVS or Amniocentesis but we're going to have the Integrated Test if it's available.

How are you feeling?

Carol, I am sooooooooooo sorry!!! I know how sad you must be. It has been such a long journey for you. I do think there is hope in that the first IVF took initially. It's hard not to loose hope, but please hang in there. I had a dream last night that I MC. I woke up so sad and it took forever to get back to sleep. I can't imagine ur pain. Huge hugs to you!

Rottpaw, so sorry to hear about your dad. How frustrated you must be by the situation. Keep pushing for him to live with you, but in the mean time you are only human and can do only so much. Take care of yourself too.

Lynnb, I am soooo bloated!!! After I eat I look 6 months pregnant!! Glad I am not the only one. Our symptoms sound very similar. I have a little nausea now and then (now being one of them), but overall feel pretty good.

AFM, there's good news and bad, bad first as it gives you something to look foreward to. I'm sitting in the surgery center for my mom's lumpectomy for her breast cancer and feeling sick. She is in good health but it's all sureal, to have a parent sick. Also had blood work done on monday to check HCG levels and they were souposed to call yesteray with results but so far no news. So I'm totay freaking out that something is wrong. Probably what lead to the MC dream.

Good news is I got some nookie this am!!! Took the "bull'" by the horns and got me some . . . And it was goooooooddd!!! Sorry tmi.

to those having such a horrible day big hugs, your in my thoughts. Xx anna

Hahaha love the "nookie" afternoon delight. Not TMI at all, wish I was feeling up for it.
So sorry about your mum, I know how stressful it can be :hugs:

Chris - You're husband sounds so reasurring:thumbup:, wish mine came out with things like that

Anna - Try not to worry too much, I know it's easier said than done :hugs: & I hope everything goes really well for your mom

Angela - Sorry to hear about your dad, hope the situation improves soon :hugs:

AFM - I had my first Drs appointment this morning with the nurse practitioner who I saw just before my m/c. I burst into tears as soon as I told her I was pregnant & she did her best to make me feel better, she's going to ask Denise, the practice midwife, to call me on Monday & says that Denise will probably see me early than 10 weeks & that she'll be able to arrange an early scan, but if I have any niggles before then to call.

The bloating is not been so bad today, I've managed to get my jeans done up (just!), but have a wedding reception to go to tomorrow & have nothing to wear, I feel a shopping trip with hubby (or at least his cards) coming on :happydance:

Oh Lynnb it is great that you have wonderful medical support, so many women on here have such bad experiences and feel like they are just being a nuisance if they complain or worry.

I'm bloating a bit but I'm a biggish girl so it doesn't actually look like anything to write home about!! So I can hide it from most people quite well!! I had just managed to drop 22 pounds before I got pregnant so a lot of my clothes were loose already, YAY me!!
Still sick though and have finished work as puking over the counter at work is apparently not a good look?? :blush:

Vivienne - One of the Drs at the surgery made me feels like I was being a nuisance last time, so I'll be avoiding her. I haven't been sick yet, just feel nauseous but I really feel for you, hopefully it wont last that long and you'll be feeling better soon :flower:

DH bought me a new skirt & top for the wedding reception (not maternity or elasticated, just a size bigger) but I was so bloated last night I felt like everyone was staring at me, I'm almost sure that a couple of the girls were wondering if I'm pregnant but didn't want to ask.

I'm trying to stay positive & not worry, so only 7 more weeks till we can announce it to the world :happydance:

Hi, I agree with the girls, just take each day as it comes, and gradually the time will pass and you will become more confident Anna. I am 22 weeks and still have wobbles, even though everything seems fine. I don't go on the board as I will always see a story that scares the life out of me, but I wont feel completely safe until the baby is out and doing fine. :flower:

There is no way I am watching any birthing videos....I really have no desire to see other women give birth..yuck! :wacko:

Sveta I am the same, waking at 3 or 4 and then not sleeping the rest of the night, its got a little better lately so there is hope you won't be like that the whole time!

Just had flu jab so am relaxing now so it doesn't make me feel ill. Hope everyone is ok. :hugs:

I too wake early now, even if I am not having a MS morning , 4 or 5 then toss and turn till OH gets up :(

Welcome Hope and congrats! :flower:
I'm 8ish weeks and haven't even got a midwife yet. Have been to doctors and had blood and urine tests for HIV etc, but here in NZ they don't do much until week 12 so I'm just muddling through!

:| Still sleeping like crap and waking up at 4am...........

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was spent playing nurse to my husband who is sick with the flu. *Knock on wood I don't get it, so far so good. He had a fever of 102 F last night.

Chris I am so sorry about your hubby. I hope you don't get it!

Hang in there Vivienne, it will get better on the MS I promise!

We're having a rare snow day here. Wahoo! Work is closed and we're just sitting here watching it snow, snow, snow! We got about 5 inches of snow last night which, for the southern US, is rare. So it's a great day in the neighborhood LOL!

We picked out and ordered our nursery furniture this weekend. That was a huge "to-do" item that I am grateful to cross off the list because it will be on backorder till the middle of February. It will be a race to see if baby or furniture arrives first LOL!

Hope everyone is feeling as good as possible and doing well! Happy Monday!

Our furnature for Edward came after he was born. Luckly I had purchased a co-sleeper bed earlier so we weren't too worried when the big crib etc came later.

Unfortunatly that has ment that DH isn't "worrying" about getting the next room ready before this baby is born and I KNOW nothing is going to happen for a LONG time after the birth. So although the room might not be used for months, I would really really like it ready.

How do I get that through his head??? <sigh>

oh, and it's been snowing here for days. Unfortunatly because I live in Northern Canada very few things shut down because of snow so DH was off to work this morning and I still have my appointments to keep.

I would love to stay in my pjs for the day.

Welcome Hope and congrats! :flower:
I'm 8ish weeks and haven't even got a midwife yet. Have been to doctors and had blood and urine tests for HIV etc, but here in NZ they don't do much until week 12 so I'm just muddling through!

Thanks Vivienne :). Curious to know - when did you start feeling sick and pukey? I'm just 5 weeks and a couple of days, and not feeling any of that yet and am wondering if / when to start expecting it.

Am feeling really tired though, but feels like I can't get a good night's sleep. Keep on waking up, tossing and turning. Am also feeling really constipated (sorry if TMI), so have resorted to drinking prune juice as of last night. :blush:

Morning Ladies!!

Well it's snowing here too, but for a ski resort it's par for the course. It's also -2 F. But I sucked it up and took my hound for a hike this AM. Now I am finishing a huge breakfast!! One of the things I notice is that I'm craving breakfast foods. This morning it's eggs, hash browns,turkey bacon and english muffin. I eat lighter the rest of the day, but i am loving big food in the morning right now.

Chris, I hope DH feels better and that you don't get it!! I know my flu shot experience sucked, but in the end I'm glad I got it. Have you had yours?

Hope Welcome!!!!!! We were ttc for about 2 years too before our BFP so I can understand your excitement!! I am so psyched for you and so happy you got that first appointment with your doc. It's hard here to get a first appt. before week 10. I had to raise a little hell to get mine. I think it's a screwed up system. It's important to know what to expect the first month. I have had waves of nausea but they are pretty far bwtween although they seem to be getting more common. I mention this because not everyone gets that typical ms feeling. So don't stress.

Rottpaw, yeh on getting the furniture!! I hope it arrives on time but am I correct in thinking that the baby sleeps in a smaller bed when they first come home, a bassinet? Do you have one of those???

AFM, can't help myself and have gone out and bought a couple of pregnancy magazines and the book "what to expect when your expecting" I'm at the beginning of week 7 today and feeling really good. A ,little nauseous in the AM and lots of stretching / cramping at night these days, uterus is growing. I check out the cramping in the book and it said if not accompanied by blood, no worries. So I guess baby is just making itself at home. It's the size of a blue berry now. TMI Alert!! Does anyone else have really sore nipples. I think it's from hiking in the cold, but damn their raw!! I am going to wear band aids out next time under my jog bra.

As for testing, this has been heavy on my mind. I have an appt with the doc at the beginning of week 10 so I'm going to ask her about the 12 week test. I think we will also do amniosentisis. However I'd like to do the 12 week and I am waiting until test results come back to tell people. Maybe I should say more people. Told another girl friend last weekend.

On a positive note, my girlfriend Anne had her baby last weekend, a healthy 6lb 7oz girl and Anne is 42. Let that be a lesson to us all who worry so much that healthy babies arrive all the time.

BTW, in one of my pregnancy mags, they have a web site where you can rent formal maternity wear so you don't have to go out and spend a fortune on something you would only wear once. I will pass it along if needed.

Ok final thought, how do you put that stuff at the bottom of your page. I think it's called the ticker???? I will try and figure it out but if anyone has any helpful thoughts they would be greatly appreciated.

have a good day!! Anna

Chris - Hope your hubby is feeling better.

Angela - Good news about the nursery furniture, it seems such a distance decision for us at the moment

Codegirl - I too would love to stay in my PJs all day too :sleep:

Hope - If you don't like the prune juice or it doesn't work then try Golden Linseed, I have a tablespoonful on my cereal & it seems to be working

Anna - The tickers are created on other websites & a code used in your signature on here, let me know if you need any more help.

AFM - I spoke to Denise (my midwife) yesterday, I have an appointment to see her on 1st Feb, she told me to call the hospital & get appointment for 12 week scan, which I did, so that is 1st March & she also gave me her mobile & told me to ring if I have any problems, questions etc. Spoke to the Jane (Nurse Practioner at Drs) & she's arranged my reassurance scan for 1st Feb, so in 3 weeks I WILL get to see my little baby.

Hope you're all having a good week

lynnb, I am so excited for you! Glad you have some appts set up. Your midwife sounds really great. I always feel like i'm a pain in the ass when I want to ask my doctor anything. So how far along are you? I will be at the beginning of 10 weeks at my next appt on Jan 31st.

thanks for the info re: ticker. It still dosen't make much sense to me. What web sites do you go to? Sorry to sound like a commplete idiot. I will figure it out.

hope everyone ele is having a good day! AFM, woke up this am a little freaked as I didn't feel pregnant, but then the nausea set in and I was like oh the you are baby!!

anyway, happy tuesday!!!

Anna

I'm only 5 weeks, so I'll be 8 weeks for my first scan & midwife appointment, I feel so lucky to have such a great midwife, she made me feel so relaxed about asking anything. Such a shame there not all like her.

If you click on my ticker (or anyone elses that you like) it should take you to the website that was used to create it, you'd then need to enter your details - LMP etc & choose the design you want then choose the BB Code, copy it & on here go to User CP, Edit Signature & paste it into your signature

Hopefully that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->