• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

36 and TTC number 3

Hey Swimmom, sorry to hear about BFN. How many days post ovulation are you? You might just be too early for testing. Are you getting any symptoms?

Well, I have just finished my first period after the miscarriage and am about 9 days away from ovulating time. I am probably not going to try this month but wait for next month. I do sometimes think, 'oh maybe I should go for it this month...not waste an egg' and all that but I do want to get fitter and lose a bit of weight first. I have put on nearly a stone in weight (pre-pregnancy weight)after having my youngest son and have found it difficult to shift it. I do sometimes worry that I have pcos as I do sometimes get a bit of hair growth on my chin, neck and stomach. Luckily, it is just a few and as I'm a red head the hairs are blonde and difficult to see. My mum and sisters all get this but their hairs are darker so they have gone for laser treatment. My periods are fairly regular though and I do seem to ovulate every month though. They also scanned my ovaries during both miscarriages - would they have picked up on
Pcos then? I think that weight loss is a good idea though whatever the outcome.

I have also been reading a book by this scientist/ Dr called Dr Beer who has done lots research into immune issues and recurrent miscarriages. Now, I know I've 'only' had two in a row but I still want to have some information in case I do get pregnant and miscarry again, I want to know what options are available for tests. I do get slight psoriasis which seems to be hormonally triggered and it is an autoimmune thing, so I am wondering if it could be linked. On the other hand, I've had two healthy babies carried to term without issues...if I had an aggressive immune system, would it not have attacked those pregnancies?

I probably seem like I'm going over the top and panicking but I suppose I am just worried that I've had two miscarriages in a row. Maybe the doctors are right and it is just 'bad luck' but I'm going to be 37 in a month and am aware that my eggs are only going to get older! The Dr did say that even though egg quality does decrease with age, it does not dramatically do so till over 40 (and people are different). So far, I seem to be ok with eggs implanting and the last baby grew to over 8 weeks, so hoping I have some good eggs left - it only takes one!

Sorry for the ramblings, how are you all doing?
xxx

I'm unsure which day I ovulated. AF is expected 3-4 days from now. My breasts are still very full and sore...have been since day 9 of my cycle. Headaches started on day 11. YI started day 13. I've had nausea since day 17 and it has not let up even for a day. MY DH doesn't think I am preg. He seems to think it is all in my head, but I don't agree. I know my body...something is up. I never get nausea...ever. And my breast NEVER hurt even during pms. And the only time I have ever gotten YIs is with my other two pregnancies.:wacko:

Poppy thank you so much! :hugs:

I am getting closer and closer to my surgery thanks to wonderful people who are willing to help me out. I think I will be having it within the next 2 weeks!

Hey! Just to update - I am nearly 17 weeks pregnant. I didn't announce early after feeling a bit cautious due to what happened last year. I waited a few months before ttc again and hubbie and I decided to try again in October after we got back from a holiday in Malta and we conceived the night we returned from holiday (I am sure because I knew I ovulated the day after we returned!). I didn't expect a BFP but a week and a half later I started getting my usual symptoms and tested - BFP!

I spent the next 9 or so weeks trying not to get too excited, after what happened last time, but sore boobs and almost constant nausea reassured me that this time is different. I had no extra scans this time, so was so nervous when I went to my dating scan at 13 weeks. The baby looked great and measured a few days ahead. My four year old was at the scan with us and pointed, 'Mummy has a baby in her tummy!' A magical moment.

I got my nuchal translucency results back with a low risk result (1 in 315, not as low as some women I've seen on here, but my age of 37 and a half will put it up a bit) and have been told by the screening lady that this is a good result and no further testing is required, so I'm happy with that.

I am now 17 weeks tomorrow and think I'm beginning to feel a bit of movement. Exciting!

Hope you all are doing well and get (or have got already) your BFPs. I just wanted to update you with my news as I haven't been on here for ages.

xxx

Hi Poppy! Thank you for updating... That is wonderful news, indeed! Congratulations! I totally understand why you wanted to wait to announce the pregnancy. I'm so happy for you :)

Hi girls! Just to update, I had a little girl on the 23rd of July at 10.15am in the morning weighing 9 pounds and 7 ounces. We have called her Elysia Aria and she is gorgeous. Quite a surprise having a little girl after two boys! My boys are delighted having a little sister. The labour went well. Had a sweep after going three days overdue and that evening labour started. Quite a long first stage with intense contractions for hours but after they broke my waters things sped up fast. Second stage was only 15 minutes, with Elysia popping out after only a few pushes! My next door neighbour, who is a midwife, ended up being the midwife on duty who delivered my baby!

Hope things are good for you all!

Attachments

• IMG_13190968293220.jpg
    IMG_13190968293220.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi girls, can I join this thread? The name of the thread is me all the way! I am hoping to conceive baby number 3 through a FET cycle in the fall. I am turning 36 soon also! @poppy congratulations on the birth of your son! He is beautiful! :flower:

Thanks Wanabeprego - I had a little girl though, not a boy! Good luck with ttc baby number three, I hope you get a speedy BFP xxx

Thanks for the warm welcome hun! Sorry I meant to say boy! I was up late lastnight squinting on my tiny phone and typing this post!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->