37+4 mw Appointment

sarah_george

♥Proud Mummy!♥
Reaction score
Afternoon ladies, Just got back from midwife appointment, she wouldnt do a sweep said I have got to wait another 2 weeks :( I didnt want to say but shouldnt i be being seen every week now? baby is 4/5ths and she said 'the best way to get him out is the same way i got him there
' i said what? like once? and she said 'no as often as you can manage it' oh lordy, looks like I am just gonna have to get on and do it! Am soo pissed off, I cant bare another 2/3 weeks of looking like a beach whale, i know i shouldnt moan because theres loads of you even further along! please share any tips for surviving the last few weeks! xxx

Awww hunny, my midwife said she would do a sweep on me if I see her at 37 weeks, I see her at 36+6. Is she allowed to do the sweep that early? She is proper useless.

Looks like your just gonna have to get on with the bedroom suggestion, what else have you been trying hun? xx

I'm not sure what the rules are on it, my mw just said she wont do them until 40 wks, ive used half a bottle of Clary Sage in the last 2 weeks :blush: Ive also tried a whole pineapple, a vindaloo, and we DTD once just over a week ago, looks like i'm just going to have to have a shagathon! least rocking on hands and knees is good for positioning baby at the same time :rofl: come on baby I think I grew you enough now! xxx

Lol pineapple gives me pains, so I wonder if its working or whether its giving me the runs again

I think you should be seeing her every week by now. On my sheet I got it is every week at your stage.

Don't know what you can do to move things along but good luck for it happening. Mind you I thought that with my first and would try anything when I was 39 weeks and asked the midwife and she said it could be another few weeks yet and the next day my waters broke! Hadn't done anything different at all. Fingers crossed for yi but if something works for you let me know for when I am at that stage xx

Aww hun, Im sorry she wouldn't do it for you, must be so frustrating, good luck I hope it kicks off soon, take care :hugs: XX

Aww hun, Im sorry she wouldn't do it for you, must be so frustrating, good luck I hope it kicks off soon, take care :hugs: XX

Sorry she wouldnt do it hun, someone said to me it all depends on where u live as to when they will do it so it varies for everyone! Ive honestly tried everything hun and nothing has worked at all so if i were u i would judt try relax, its true what they say "baby will come when ready" as much as its a pain in the ass. Im sure bubba will arive soon for u! Kx

if you guys find anything please let me know as i am dong the roseleaf tea pineapple juice hot curries but my oh wont do the bedrom thing lmao cant go for long walks coz it really hurts so tips welsome lmao
:rofl:

I cant have a sweep til 41 weeks and I am seeing midwife wednesday at 40 weeks, before that it was at 38 weeks so yeah, I think it depends where you live as to how it works. Good old postcode lottery again!
As for tips, sleep sleep and sleep! I am trying to just sleep and wake up when the baby is here!! Wishful thinking.......

My last doctor wouldn't do it until 40 weeks either. Personally I see my doctor every week starting week 36, but I'd rather not lol. They don't do anything different at the weekly appt. than they do at the biweekly :p

what was your reason for wanting a sweep at 37? i see my consultant on the 20th and we are going to discuss inducing me-i want it at 37 weeks because of my severe spd!!

have you tried nipple stimulation - look up ways to induce labour on the net, its raspberry leaf tea not rose leaf you should be drinking, oh and liqourice is supposed to be good as well as sex. try a DIY orgasm if your DH wont agree, the orgasm stimulates the uterus

My MW won't do a sweep until after 40 weeks too. I was 39 + 4 yesterday and she refused but offered to do it next week, although next Monday is a Bank Holiday so there's no clinic then, she still wouldn't do it! Unbelievable after she told me a fortnight before that I'd go early too -Bitch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->