37 sleeps until Christmas - the 2013 countdown thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!

:happydance: can't believe how quick it's coming! 145 shopping days is NOT enough!

4 more weeks and I get to go to Minneapolis and officially start Christmas shopping!

I've just bought books so far. She has sooooo many toys, if I get more, I don't even know where I'll put them all! :wacko: Does anyone else feel the same??

I've just bought books so far. She has sooooo many toys, if I get more, I don't even know where I'll put them all! :wacko: Does anyone else feel the same??

I am the same, that is why I am doing a major toy clear out. I am also buying better quality, versus a bunch of crappy ones just for the sake of having a lot of gifts.

Yeah I am the same. I think Isaac is getting two main presents (a bike and sandpit) and then a few stocking fillers and bits and some more Thomas stuff. I'm not buying him heaps of small things just to feel like he has lots of toys. He will be thrilled with what he's getting and he already has so many toys

Another one sick of crappy quality toys that break after 5 minutes, toys that don't get used, and I'm definitely going for quality over quantity.

I've laybuyed the two older ones a LeapPad2 each, that come with accessories, plus a game cartridge each and case as sack fillers.

Other than that, I'm going to try going with
"Something they want,
something they need,
something to wear and
something to read"

If I aim for that, we won't end up with too much random crap (at least from DP and I, my family is a different story, they love to buy multitudes of cheap little toys).

DS2 will only be 9 months, so he'll just get the four items from the poem as he won't know any different.

I'm so excited for it to be December, I'm going to do Elf on a Shelf this year, can't wait to play games with him and the kids! Also told MIL I would make her one, and want to make one for a lady I work with as she is Christmas mad and will get a kick out of it, so once I get paid next week I will buy the supplies for that :D

https://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2013/08/07/9c2e4c11c7ed5a49e60035151e35940a.gif

:xmas6::xmas8:

I am the same, that is why I am doing a major toy clear out. I am also buying better quality, versus a bunch of crappy ones just for the sake of having a lot of gifts.

Yeah I am the same. I think Isaac is getting two main presents (a bike and sandpit) and then a few stocking fillers and bits and some more Thomas stuff. I'm not buying him heaps of small things just to feel like he has lots of toys. He will be thrilled with what he's getting and he already has so many toys

Another one sick of crappy quality toys that break after 5 minutes, toys that don't get used, and I'm definitely going for quality over quantity.

I've laybuyed the two older ones a LeapPad2 each, that come with accessories, plus a game cartridge each and case as sack fillers.

Other than that, I'm going to try going with
"Something they want,
something they need,
something to wear and
something to read"

If I aim for that, we won't end up with too much random crap (at least from DP and I, my family is a different story, they love to buy multitudes of cheap little toys).

DS2 will only be 9 months, so he'll just get the four items from the poem as he won't know any different.

I'm so excited for it to be December, I'm going to do Elf on a Shelf this year, can't wait to play games with him and the kids! Also told MIL I would make her one, and want to make one for a lady I work with as she is Christmas mad and will get a kick out of it, so once I get paid next week I will buy the supplies for that :D

Good plans! :thumbup:

I can cross off the "something to read."

Definitely aiming for quality over quantity.

I'm wondering if I should buy presents for my newborn, especially since he could arrive early and in time for Christmas. Ariana can unwrap them for him :haha:

ooh never thought of it as 20 weeks, even though i saw it on facebook earlier :dohh: i cannot wait! i might have to buy another pressie later :dohh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"