39 and trying to conceive:-(

Sorry for your loss!!! Kismet

I say what stops you from TTC at the inlaws:blush: I say you go for it.... shhhhhh

:hi:

I'm okay-ish. My uncle passed away on the 21st and his funeral is tomorrow. I'm worried we won't make it because the weather is really bad. On the TTC front, I will OV while we're at the in laws for New Years. :dohh: :brat: Another cycle lost.

I hope you, and the other thread members, are doing well. :hugs:

I'm okay-ish. My uncle passed away on the 21st and his funeral is tomorrow. I'm worried we won't make it because the weather is really bad. On the TTC front, I will OV while we're at the in laws for New Years. :dohh: :brat: Another cycle lost.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I hope things get easier.

Well, I got my :bfp: on Christmas Day. Wasn't expecting it at all. We've all had the flu here so I didn't think anything of it. But, here it is.

Attachments

• photo-59.jpg
    photo-59.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
OMG awesome!!!!! What a great gift!!!!!

So I'm new here. May I ask if you tried the natural way or iui...ivf???

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I hope things get easier.

Well, I got my :bfp: on Christmas Day. Wasn't expecting it at all. We've all had the flu here so I didn't think anything of it. But, here it is.

We started trying in January 2012. Clomid and temping with OPKs. Went to the FS in the Fall and had all the tests done to see if we were okay. Everything normal. In October, after consultation our FS, he recommended we do an IUI in December as I have trouble producing EWCM. We talked about it and decided that we didn't want to do any artificial procedures. We accepted life with the three we had and happily sold our crib, stroller, cloth diapers...oh and the mini van. At the beginning of December the whole household got sick. Somewhere in there we had sex once. Don't know the date, let alone the cycle day. Christmas Eve my boobs got really sore and then I threw up my Christmas dinner, so DH made me take a test and there it was....

So there you go...totally natural. I'm 39 and he's 41. Hopefully, the little bean sticks.

awesome!!!

We started trying in January 2012. Clomid and temping with OPKs. Went to the FS in the Fall and had all the tests done to see if we were okay. Everything normal. In October, after consultation our FS, he recommended we do an IUI in December as I have trouble producing EWCM. We talked about it and decided that we didn't want to do any artificial procedures. We accepted life with the three we had and happily sold our crib, stroller, cloth diapers...oh and the mini van. At the beginning of December the whole household got sick. Somewhere in there we had sex once. Don't know the date, let alone the cycle day. Christmas Eve my boobs got really sore and then I threw up my Christmas dinner, so DH made me take a test and there it was....

So there you go...totally natural. I'm 39 and he's 41. Hopefully, the little bean sticks.

Sooooo very happy for you. Thank you for sharing. I'm also 39 and ttc 1 and just got a :bfn: today after actively trying since June 2012. Reading this gives me hope :hugs:

Thanks Faith77 :flower:

Yes, it can (and does!) happen. I'm hoping this little one sticks.

I was lucky because both of us had our tests come back normal. I also lucked out because my Dr. doesn't consider me old (although I caught him writing Advanced Maternal Age on my u/s request form - had to give him heck for that!). He tells me all the time that he has women older than I am having their first. It's nice to have that kind of support.

FX'd for you and sending lots of baby dust!!!
:dust:

Trying-So nice to see your new avatar!

AFM-still chugging along. This week is my one year TTC anniversary. Never thought I'd still be here....

Trying-So nice to see your new avatar!

AFM-still chugging along. This week is my one year TTC anniversary. Never thought I'd still be here....

:hugs: I'm sorry Bonnie. I know you probably don't want to hear it, but one year isn't all that long. Especially at our age and the fact that you're dealing with a male fertility factor. :hugs:

I'm sure that 2013 will be your year!!! :thumbup:

:hugs: my friend.

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join your thread?.... I am heartened by your stories and courage to keep ttc..... Congrats to Trying4four - I have everything crossed for you!

I'm 39 (40 in May) I'm ttc #3, my children from a previous marriage are 12yo and 10yo and having gotten remarried in 2010 we decided to try for a baby together, but I had a missed miscarriage in June 2011 (hence my username) which I regretted once I had miscarried :( it's taken me a year to get over the mmc, but we're ready to ttc again :)

Having read so many threads and heard stories of how "older" ladies have ttc after mid-thirties, I thought it would be nice to have some support from those in a similar situation, and give one support back :)

P.s. if any of you ladies know how to change my username, please do let me know !!!

Baby dust to you all xx

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join your thread?.... I am heartened by your stories and courage to keep ttc..... Congrats to Trying4four - I have everything crossed for you!

I'm 39 (40 in May) I'm ttc #3, my children from a previous marriage are 12yo and 10yo and having gotten remarried in 2010 we decided to try for a baby together, but I had a missed miscarriage in June 2011 (hence my username) which I regretted once I had miscarried :( it's taken me a year to get over the mmc, but we're ready to ttc again :)

Having read so many threads and heard stories of how "older" ladies have ttc after mid-thirties, I thought it would be nice to have some support from those in a similar situation, and give one support back :)

P.s. if any of you ladies know how to change my username, please do let me know !!!

Baby dust to you all xx

Welcome.
You can ask admin to change it one time I believe but I think that is mostly for security issues. I wouldn't be to concerned with changing it. You would have to change it again in may anyway! :hugs: & :dust:

Good point, it's just a bit misleading as I'm not a mum2be :wacko: now all I have to do is work out how to tag/remember which conversations I want to watch.....

How's life treating you B? :flower:

Well you are a mum. And hope to be again. So it fits. :)
As you comment in threads it subscribes you so you notified of new posts.

AFM it's ov time and we have all been sick. OPK is positive today and I took clomid to boot but I don't know if we will be able to get to bd or not.

I'm 39 (40 in May) I'm ttc #3,

Welcome :flower:

I hope 2013 brings you your BFP!

I'm sorry to hear about your MMC. I had one with my second pregnancy when I was 33. They suck!! It totally robbed me of any joy of being a teeny bit pregnant with subsequent ones. I lost the baby at around 2 weeks but was up to around 11 before I had the u/s to tell me it wasn't viable. On the positive side though...I did have two healthy pregnancies immediately afterwards.

FX'd for you!! :thumbup:

AFM it's ov time and we have all been sick. OPK is positive today and I took clomid to boot but I don't know if we will be able to get to bd or not.

Well if you took Clomid you'd better be BDing Bonnie!! Don't waste it. Up here most Drs will only allow you to use it for twelve cycles in your lifetime before they won't prescribe it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->